Pretty self-explanatory
And No Coffee Table

EC at Barnes & Noble Union Square, NYC, Oct. 12, 2018- cancelled

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Elvis Costello
Author Event (Music/CD)
Friday October 12, 2018 7:00 PM

https://stores.barnesandnoble.com/event/9780061973310-0

I assume he'll be signing copies of the album, but the website does not yet have details.
bronxapostle

Re: EC at Barnes & Noble Union Square, NYC, Oct. 12, 2018

Post by bronxapostle »

Postcards??? Oh well, i will not be there. Going to see my beloved POCO that night. Enjoy....
And No Coffee Table

"Join us in welcoming Elvis Costello for a special signing of his new album Look Now! A limited number of wristbands for event access will be distributed with purchase of the featured album beginning at 9AM the day of the event. This is a signing only. Additional details coming soon."
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Just clicked on the link - "No event found"

And it's not on their calendar:

https://stores.barnesandnoble.com/store/2675
And No Coffee Table

"CANCELLED. Due to unfortunate family circumstances Elvis will not be able to attend the Barnes and Noble signing. He sends his regrets."
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Oh dear - sending best wishes to Elvis and his family.
sheeptotheslaughter

Re: EC at Barnes & Noble Union Square, NYC, Oct. 12, 2018- cancelled

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Lets hope its nothing serious Elvis was looking really well the other week at Mastertapes recording and the other TV appearances here on the UK
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

"Unfortunate family cirumstances" might just mean "essential stuff that was unfortunately timed on the same day as the Barnes and Noble thing." Hope it's not serious.
Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif »

Neil. wrote:"Unfortunate family cirumstances" might just mean "essential stuff that was unfortunately timed on the same day as the Barnes and Noble thing." Hope it's not serious.
I don't think it can - unless somehow has phrased this very unfortunately :)
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Elvis tweets

"Due to very serious concerns about the health of my mother, I have traveled to England and cannot be at the B&N Union Square event tomorrow night. Thank you for your understanding. I hope to see you all in better days. #LookNow".
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Aw, bless her. Ross gets a lot of coverage from journalists, but Elvis is quick to point out that his Mum was also a huge influence because of her musical knowledge. Wishing her good health.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Always hard as one's parents age and decline, thinking of Lilian and Elvis and prayers offered up for her return to good health.
John

Post by John »

sulky lad wrote:Always hard as one's parents age and decline, thinking of Lilian and Elvis and prayers offered up for her return to good health.
Perfectly put Sulky. I second that.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:Always hard as one's parents age and decline, thinking of Lilian and Elvis and prayers offered up for her return to good health.
True...yet, sadder still the ones who lost parents when in their teens and younger or most horribly at childbirth!! We must be made to appreciate the frailty and the fleeting of human life and learn to revere all the days of each others existence while we are able ON THIS EARTH. Peace to all....
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

BA wrote -
True...yet, sadder still the ones who lost parents when in their teens and younger or most horribly at childbirth!! We must be made to appreciate the frailty and the fleeting of human life and learn to revere all the days of each others existence while we are able ON THIS EARTH. Peace to all....
Absolutely, BA. My mother died at the horribly young age of 53 ( she should have died hereafter) - and her death was a tragedy. As my father nears his 93rd year, his death will leave a gaping hole in my life when it finally happens but it won't be the tragedy I experienced in 1983 when my mother left us.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

True sulky. We were stunned when we lost our Mom at 56 back in 1980. Then, quite more horribly, my Irish twin sister Ida, born eleven months after me, at a very tender 38 years!!! And with a 4 and 6 year old left without her. Yet, it brought an even greater appreciation of all those who suffer loses even earlier in life. Empathy is a gift and all do feel their own loses extensively. Sympathies to all, yet retain them in your hearts and minds and they are ALWAYS here!!!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Sad. I lost my dad at 15 (‘84) and my mother passed away on 8/25/18. I’m devastated. On top of that, My mother’s sister (Aunt) just passed this week. And if not to feel lower than ever, my employer issued me a PIP one month after my mother’s death. My life is in a bad state now. Thank goodness I’ll have new EC music to listen to soon and a decent therapist who is helping me work through the pain and sorrow that is right on the surface of my every waking moment. :(
John

Post by John »

MOJO wrote:Sad. I lost my dad at 15 (‘84) and my mother passed away on 8/25/18. I’m devastated. On top of that, My mother’s sister (Aunt) just passed this week. And if not to feel lower than ever, my employer issued me a PIP one month after my mother’s death. My life is in a bad state now. Thank goodness I’ll have new EC music to listen to soon and a decent therapist who is helping me work through the pain and sorrow that is right on the surface of my every waking moment. :(
Much love sent in your direction MOJO. What an awful few weeks you have had.
jardine

Post by jardine »

I second that emotion, MOJO. Looking forward to joining with you in talking about this lovely new cd that's just over the horizon.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Friends

Lots of sadness in this thread - my love to you all.

Lets hope Lillian pulls through.

Colin Top Balcony