Charles Aznavour

Pretty self-explanatory
Neil.

Charles Aznavour

Post by Neil. »

Charles Aznavour is no more: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45709214

I wonder if Elvis will say anything about it?

I've always thought 'She' is a great song, though of course it divides Elvis fans. I'm not mad on the boring arrangement cos it's too similar to the original - I've always thought covers are better when they bring a new angle (I Can't Stand Up being a perfect example). But of course Elvis came in as a jobbing singer and I don't think he had much to do with the arrangement*.

*Though if Elvis had anything to do with the arrangement, then of course it's totally fabulous and I take it all back!!
sulky lad

Re: Charles Aznavour

Post by sulky lad »

I have been known to do a VERY ropey Charles Aznavour impersonation with cod English accent and awful vibrato and I bellowed along in (mock) tribute to She on the news and my youngest daughter said it sounded more like Elvis than Charles ! :oops:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Here's a ba tidbit probably never divulged at fan forum before. For 3 or 4 years, I WAS AN ARMENIAN DANCER!! yes, the only non Armenian, 100% Italian in the Antranig AGBU NY NJ dance ensemble. First show ever for me at Carnegie Hall NYC. Then Toronto, Philly, Montreal, Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, Chicago & more....good clean, drunken fun indeed. Might have been my last performance, we opened for Mr. Aznavour at the Garden State Arts Center in 1985. A singer, gentleman, songwriter & pianist extraordinaire. Glad to have seen his greatness live the one time. Surely, Elvis admires him...right up there with Sinatra, Cole, Crosby and Bennett i might bet! :cry: :cry: :cry: RIP Sir!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

What can I say (it rhymes with clucking bell) :shock:

There's about a million questions to BA's post alone but let's keep this thread as an RIP to Charles.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

What i do vg???? :oops: :oops:
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I can reveal this exclusive photo from BA's appearance as an Aremnian dancer -
only joking, BA - peace and love and huge respect for appearing with such a legend !!
Attachments
sanddance.jpg
sanddance.jpg (7.41 KiB) Viewed 7075 times