Elvis on new Rosanne Cash album

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis on new Rosanne Cash album

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ng-726834/

Rosanne Cash Readies New Album, Shares Two New Songs

‘She Remembers Everything,’ due November 2nd, will be the songwriter’s first album in five years

Rosanne Cash is set to release her first new album in nearly five years and has unveiled the first two tracks from the LP, titled She Remembers Everything. Out November 2nd on Blue Note Records, the album follows the triptych of the deeply personal Black Cadillac, The List and The River & the Thread, through which the singer-songwriter dealt with the loss of her father, Johnny Cash, and the deaths of her mother and stepmother, while also exploring her family’s Southern heritage.
In advance of the new album’s release, Cash has issued two tracks from the collection, the profoundly stirring and unsettling title cut, and the moving, grief-consumed “Everyone But Me.”

With She Remembers Everything, which features contributions from Elvis Costello, Kris Kristofferson, Colin Meloy, and Sam Phillips, Cash crafts uniquely textured stories from a feminine perspective. Strikingly personal and expressive, the new music finds the artist working from a perspective she notes has been previously unavailable to her.

“There is a woman’s real life, complex experiences and layered understanding in these songs,” Cash says. “I could not have written them 10 years ago — not even close. Time is shorter, I have more to say.”

She Remembers Everything was recorded in Portland, Oregon, and New York City, with production by Tucker Martine and Cash’s husband, John Leventhal, respectively. In addition to the 10-song release, a deluxe version of She Remembers Everything with three bonus tracks will be released digitally and as a limited-edition casebound book/CD. Also available will be a limited-edition box set, the She Remembers Everything Memory Box, which includes the casebound book and CD; personal letters of correspondence signed by Cash and exchanged between the singer and T Bone Burnett, Elvis Costello, Sam Phillips, Joe Henry, Tucker Martine and John Leventhal; an exclusive Live at SFJAZZ CD recorded in 2017 featuring Cash performing alongside Emmylou Harris and Lucinda Williams; and She Remembers Everything on pink vinyl. There’s also a copy of Bird on a Blade, a new book of lyrics and illustration by Rosanne Cash and Dan Rizzie published by UT Press, along with an 8″ x 10″ printed lithograph featuring an original Rizzie illustration from the book.

Cash will tour extensively in conjunction with the new album’s release. She Remembers Everything is now available for pre-order.

She Remembers Everything track listing:
1. “The Only Thing Worth Fighting For”
2. “The Undiscovered Country”
3. “8 Gods of Harlem”
4. “Rabbit Hole”
5. “Crossing to Jerusalem”
6. “Not Many Miles to Go”
7. “Everyone But Me”
8. “She Remembers Everything”
9. “Particle and Wave”
10. “My Least Favorite Life”
Last edited by sweetest punch on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis on new Rosanne Cash album

Post by sweetest punch »

According to the ASCAP-site “Eight Gods Of Harlem” is co-written by Elvis, Rosanne Cash and Kris Kristofferson.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

... Ta - for some random reason however, this EC 'EGOH' vocal cowriting etc etc is listenable NOW via e.g. Soulseek before purchase.
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

8 Gods Of Harlem features the supergroup CCK (Costello, Cash, Kristofferson): https://www.amazon.com/Harlem-feat-Elvi ... s+costello
jardine

Post by jardine »

not too bad a song (not great either). put it w. apr. 5 and write/record 10 more and release, please.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Only just caught up with this one but I think it's fabulous. Much as I love Look Now and respect its towering achievement, I still have a nostalgic thrill when he uses his 1978/1979 sneer, and I think he does it on the third verse/chorus of this. Lovely stuff, and I hope we hear more snippets from the Costello/Cash/Kristofferson sessions at some point.
Sugar Mouse

Post by Sugar Mouse »

Hawksmoor wrote:Only just caught up with this one but I think it's fabulous. Much as I love Look Now and respect its towering achievement, I still have a nostalgic thrill when he uses his 1978/1979 sneer, and I think he does it on the third verse/chorus of this. Lovely stuff, and I hope we hear more snippets from the Costello/Cash/Kristofferson sessions at some point.

I wasn't aware that there are other songs from the Costello-Cash-Kristofferson sessions. Hope those see the light of day.