TEEN ANGST...ba way late to the CRACKER party!

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

TEEN ANGST...ba way late to the CRACKER party!

Post by bronxapostle »

you know, sometimes you just miss getting on board for a musical act that might really mean a lot to you???? whether because you are engrossed in other things, other musics or just plain out of the loop. anyways, doc and i were both in attendance for the Pleasantville Music Festival and i was certainly looking forward to seeing the old DAVEY FARAGHER band despite his NOT being a member any longer. my biggest interest of the day behind the long admired Psychedelic Furs. anyway, as predicted, each were my two faves of the day....probably with CRACKER taking first place. i never knew i knew as many as FOUR radio hits of theirs. i just thought it was LOW and EURO-TRASH GIRL. when they played both GET OFF THIS (my fave song of the day) and TEEN ANGST i did not even KNOW these two were THEIR songs! anyway, on a quick search, it seems DAVEY gets writing credit on ALL FOUR!!! phenomenal. anyway, as they were playing it, it got me to thinking on TEEN ANGST. HOW GREAT WOULD AN ELVIS COVER BE ON THIS ONE??? doc, videos if you can please.
sulky lad

Re: TEEN ANGST...ba way late to the CRACKER party!

Post by sulky lad »

Teen Angst ?!!! - come on BA, you're kidding me that you can remember TEEN ANGST ? :roll:
I love it when bands you have affections for suddenly remind you of how much they have actually been part of your musical heritage . So glad you had a good time !
I saw Cheap Trick for the first time In Wolverhampton ( a grim Black Country venue) in 2011 and they were truly amazing - a fantastic gig and I couldn't get over how much I had cherished about them- apart from nearly wearing out my Budokan LP over all the years. Meanwhile, on Wednesday I'm going to a small venue in North Devon to see the Blues Band ( with Tom McGuinness and Paul jones ( ex Manfred Mann ) and I hope to have the same feelings about their performance that you've just expressed about Cracker too.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

great work as always doc! THANKS!

better than RADIOHEAD i know. :lol: :lol: :lol:
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle wrote:better than RADIOHEAD i know. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Umm....no.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

There was a great post at fbook yesterday. Actually a Costello page i think. EVERYONE was mostly trashing them.

"pointless noodling"

"3 good songs"

"just nonsense"

"nothing but dull"

"pretentious nothingness, kinda like pearl jam"

That one is MINE. Lol

Good stuff.... :D