Elvis Costello cancels tour after surgery to remove 'aggressive' tumour

Pretty self-explanatory
Top balcony

Re: Elvis Costello cancels tour after surgery to remove 'aggressive' tumour

Post by Top balcony »

Ymaginatif wrote:In my (indirect) experience of cancer, words like "defeated by a single surgery", and "recommend[ed] three weeks to four weeks recovery", certainly need to by qualified by a certain passage of time before they can be deemed as facts ...

In my direct experience of cancer these are exactly the right sentiments to be expressing at this point.

This was a very brave and detailed statement from EC at what must be an extremely raw time, we all wish him a full and speedy recovery.

REQUEST

Perhaps we should all stick to the precise words which he has decided to share and stop any further speculation? At least in 'public' on the board? And perhaps even thinking about deleting any of our posts containing "educated guesses" on his condition which we wouldn't want him to read on this topic at present? Many of us believe he sneaks a quick look from time to time!

Thanks
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Sorry TB, you're absolutely right and even "educated guesses" such as my own are in the end mere speculation- but all I truly want is the reassurance that Elvis knows he's in our thoughts and prayers and that we only want him fit and well as soon as is physically and clinically possible !
jardine

Post by jardine »

plu
Last edited by jardine on Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

We all love Elvis, who brings us such amazing melodies and words about being a complicated human being (via his own voice, songwriting, and his musical collaborators, not least his amazing band, past and present). We love you, Elvis - and we want more songs to light up our lives for a long time to come! Xxx
krm

Post by krm »

Neil. wrote:We all love Elvis, who brings us such amazing melodies and words about being a complicated human being (via his own voice, songwriting, and his musical collaborators, not least his amazing band, past and present). We love you, Elvis - and we want more songs to light up our lives for a long time to come! Xxx
exactly! Couldn´t agree more!
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

As we all felt when we heard/read last Fri, thankyou Mr DPAM and propagators suitably, and all of the best aptly.
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
jardine

Post by jardine »

Okay, hi. Let's do it:
"Gentleman, do talk to you friends - you'll find you are not alone - seek your doctor's advice if you are in doubt or when it is timely and act as swiftly as you may in these matters." To any of my fellow posters who have hesitated over the years regarding being tested, checked, etc., please take this as a simple suggestion from our boy. Early detection is the best medicine and, to be blunt, it doesn't matter one whit how you feel about such tests. Just do it so we and your other loved ones will have years of arguments and insights and music ahead.

Thanks for the reminder, EC. One more reason we love you. One more example of turning adversity into life-giving, life-saving art.
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

DOCINWESTCHESTER is a great guy, and i'm sure a brilliant "Doc" as well!
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

'For the man himself - get well soon Elvis ' - Arctic Monkeys cover Lipstick Vogue , Lyon, July 10 2018

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pwrjMCPbBiM
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

I received a message from a 'reliable source' on Tuesday or Wednesday, after speculation on Facebook about vocal surgery. To say it wasn't vocal surgery and that in the long term there was nothing to worry about. Elvis just needed rest. It looks like he is all clear just needs a rest. Thank God
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

johnfoyle wrote:'For the man himself - get well soon Elvis ' - Arctic Monkeys cover Lipstick Vogue , Lyon, July 10 2018

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pwrjMCPbBiM
Fantastic. Thanks John.

I did think that the audience was shouting "Elvis, Elvis" but on a second listen it was definitely "Alex"!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Reassuring to know that even though I'll never be a good enough bassist to replace Bruce or Davey, I probably could cut it in the Arctic Monkeys, judging by that performance :wink:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote:Reassuring to know that even though I'll never be a good enough bassist to replace Bruce or Davey, I probably could cut it in the Arctic Monkeys, judging by that performance :wink:
Would that be the Cheeky Monkeys?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Top Balony wrote "Would that be the Cheeky Monkeys?"
What a brilliant band name - I might have to try and form one just to use that name now !
emotional_fascism076

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

I saw this on the news the other day and stopped dead in my tracks. His statement is perfect and docs words are spot on. I wish Elvis and his family the very best at this difficult time.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?