Elvis and The Imposters participation CANCELLED , Outlaw Music Festival Tour, Charlotte, May 26, 2018

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis and The Imposters participation CANCELLED , Outlaw Music Festival Tour, Charlotte, May 26, 2018

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
docinwestchester

Re: Elvis and The Imposters, Outlaw Music Festival Tour, Charlotte, May 26, 2018

Post by docinwestchester »

Another chance for Elvis to sing with Willie?
bronxapostle

Re: Elvis and The Imposters, Outlaw Music Festival Tour, Charlotte, May 26, 2018

Post by bronxapostle »

Outlaw music festival appears to be a travelling Lollapalooza type touring thingie on my quick search. Does that mean Imposters come to east coast amphitheaters before going to Europe in June and July???

Never mind...now i see the link in post one. What is a sturgill simpson and does he or she deservs to hit the stage after Elvis??
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

The festival will hold its own presale starting Wednesday, March 14 @ 10AM local time: http://outlawmusicfestival.com/presale (code: OUTLAW2018).
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Sturgill Simpson always puts on a great show. I guess he has a higher profile here in Europe than in the U.S.. Or maybe that's changing , given his billing above Elvis in this lineup. I first saw him supporting Laura Cantrell at Whelans in early 2014. That was a solo show but he was back there with a band later that year, doing a kickass show.

He just as effective in a solo show at the Button Factory in 2016. He was received in respectful near silence. He commented a few times that he was grateful and somewhat startled by this attention , saying he was used to having to put up with talkative audiences back home.

MOJO

Post by MOJO »

NorCal is totally getting shafted. Seems like years that I've seen EC live in SF.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

You can actually order some seats right now if you want to go. Citi cards have a presale, also anyone can order what they call premium aisle seats, right now they're about 12 rows back
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Sturgill Simpson is doing just fine in the US.

Here he is playing on the Marty Stuart Show:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3Htv45jFo

I would love to go to this festival but it's a bit of a hassle to get to Charlotte from the west coast. I should have gone to one of the NYC shows, but opted for x-country skiing and free housing at Squaw. I guess I am just hoping for a SF date sometime this year. Hope it happens

Enjoy all the shows y'all (In a southern accent of your choice.)
Charles

Post by Charles »

“Merle Haggard isn’t afraid of speaking out, and he recently vetted his feelings on modern country music, calling it “crap.”

In fact, Haggard, 78, is fond of only one contemporary country musician — Sturgill Simpson. “As far as I’m concerned, he’s the only one out there. The rest of them sound like a bunch of (crap) to me. He comes out and does a great show,” Haggard says.”
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

cfm123 wrote:“Merle Haggard isn’t afraid of speaking out, and he recently vetted his feelings on modern country music, calling it “crap.”

In fact, Haggard, 78, is fond of only one contemporary country musician — Sturgill Simpson. “As far as I’m concerned, he’s the only one out there. The rest of them sound like a bunch of (crap) to me. He comes out and does a great show,” Haggard says.”
Merle Ronald Haggard (April 6, 1937 – April 6, 2016) just sayin'.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Cancelled!! https://www.elviscostello.com/#/news/296565

As a consequence of a recently scheduled, non life-threatening surgical
procedure, Elvis Costello must regretfully cancel his appearances at the
Willie Nelson Outlaw Festival.

"I am so disappointed to miss this opportunity to share the bill with
the wonderous Willie Nelson and such fine artists as Sturgill Simpson
and Brandi Carlile. I will look forward to seeing all our friends and
listeners in North Carolina before too very long. As they like to say on
the London Underground, "there is no cause for alarm".
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
MOJO

Re: Elvis and The Imposters participation CANCELLED , Outlaw Music Festival Tour, Charlotte, May 26, 2018

Post by MOJO »

Bummer. Hope all is ok. Non life threatening - I guess that's positive... Would have been a bitchiin line up with EC there. Next year
sheeptotheslaughter

Re: Elvis and The Imposters participation CANCELLED , Outlaw Music Festival Tour, Charlotte, May 26, 2018

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Looks like I better hold fire on the flights to Manchester then, just in case
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Coverage on social media indicates these dates have been hit with more misfortune -

https://twitter.com/BlackbirdProd/statu ... 7445103616

Due to illness, Willie Nelson was unable to play tonight at the Outlaw Music Festival at PNC Music Pavilion Charlotte. Fans are asked to please hold on to their tickets until the new date is announced.

.........getting this comment

https://twitter.com/thewilliambaker/sta ... 1110169600

He didn't look sick when he was throwing his cowboy hat into the crowd. This tour has been a flop. Half of your original lineup cancelled before today or didn't play. Elvis Costello, Brandi Carlisle, and Willie Nelson didn't play. I paid full price for my ticket. You guys suck.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

johnfoyle wrote:Coverage on social media indicates these dates have been hit with more misfortune -

https://twitter.com/BlackbirdProd/statu ... 7445103616

Due to illness, Willie Nelson was unable to play tonight at the Outlaw Music Festival at PNC Music Pavilion Charlotte. Fans are asked to please hold on to their tickets until the new date is announced.

.........getting this comment

https://twitter.com/thewilliambaker/sta ... 1110169600

He didn't look sick when he was throwing his cowboy hat into the crowd. This tour has been a flop. Half of your original lineup cancelled before today or didn't play. Elvis Costello, Brandi Carlisle, and Willie Nelson didn't play. I paid full price for my ticket. You guys suck.
Watch Willie's 40 second "performance."

https://twitter.com/Waynesprat/status/1 ... 4921707520

Weird. I'd be mad too.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

What is the old timer's problem....he got some shitty weed that day??? :lol:
jardine

Post by jardine »

i'm assuming this passed without incident:
"recently scheduled, non life-threatening surgical procedure."