Thoughts on the New York Shows...

Pretty self-explanatory
Arbogast

Thoughts on the New York Shows...

Post by Arbogast »

Anyone here who went to all four? Any thought on which was the best?

I only went to two, but I'd be surprised if 3/9 didn't emerge as the highest-rated....
sweetest punch

Re: Thoughts on the New York Shows...

Post by sweetest punch »

Has Elvis announced the Face In The Crowd songs as being from a new musical(as he used to) or just as new songs? Would this mean the musical will not happen?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
jardine

Post by jardine »

From a distance, looking at the set lists etc., it seems that there is nothing much especially new with these shows. Is that true? Seems repetitive to a certain degree. No break-out venturing? Seems still kind-of 'stuck.'?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

jardine wrote:From a distance, looking at the set lists etc., it seems that there is nothing much especially new with these shows. Is that true? Seems repetitive to a certain degree. No break-out venturing? Seems still kind-of 'stuck.'?
not so jardine. with the volume of long unplayed songs, the eight or so changes nightly, the honing of the girls and their role, the small handful of new tunes, the joy and mastery with which the band is playing, and most importantly the surprise factor that EC even throws at his players returning to the show...STUNNING TO WATCH! it seems years since the shows had this element occuring. great work EC and the IMPOSTERS + ladies!
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

Arbogast wrote:Anyone here who went to all four? Any thought on which was the best?

I only went to two, but I'd be surprised if 3/9 didn't emerge as the highest-rated....
I went to all 4. I would say 3/7 and 3/9 were virtually a tie, with the slight edge to 3/7 only because it was fresh and the more energetic standing crowd.

Next for me would be 3/11, and 3/8 the "worst" (of course, they were all great) because of the annoying people around me.
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

Here's the breakdown of the songs played only at particular shows:

3/7--30 SONGS
Big Tears
Miracle Man
Clubland
Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
Talking in the Dark
I Still Have That Other Girl
Next Time Around
Brilliant Mistake
God Give Me Strength

3/8--30 SONGS
Big Tears
Miracle Man
So Like Candy
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
Shot With His Own Gun
Poor Fractured Atlas
This Year's Girl
God Give Me Strength
Less Than Zero

3/9--32 SONGS
Big Tears
High Fidelity
There Stands the Glass
Miracle Man
You Win Again
Shot With His Own Gun
Isabelle in Tears
Talking in the Dark
Brilliant Mistake
Red Shoes
Poor Napoleon

3/11--29 SONGS
You Belong to Me
Mystery Dance
Baby It's You
Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
Almost Blue
Veronica
Welcome to the Working Week
Tear...Doll Revolution
Man Out of Time
jardine

Post by jardine »

bronxapostle wrote:
jardine wrote:From a distance, looking at the set lists etc., it seems that there is nothing much especially new with these shows. Is that true? Seems repetitive to a certain degree. No break-out venturing? Seems still kind-of 'stuck.'?
not so jardine. with the volume of long unplayed songs, the eight or so changes nightly, the honing of the girls and their role, the small handful of new tunes, the joy and mastery with which the band is playing, and most importantly the surprise factor that EC even throws at his players returning to the show...STUNNING TO WATCH! it seems years since the shows had this element occuring. great work EC and the IMPOSTERS + ladies!

Glad to hear this.