"Someone Else's Heart" - EC single for Record Store Day

Pretty self-explanatory
Hawksmoor

Re: "Someone Else's Heart" - EC single for Record Store Day

Post by Hawksmoor »

IbMePdErRoIoAmL wrote:
Hawksmoor wrote:Can anyone remind me which singles EC has so far released for Record Store Day? Can't seem to find a list anywhere online. I don't mean just this year, but in preceding years.
As far as I can remember, only National Ransack, the Hollywood High EP & Wise Up: Thought were RSD releases. But I may be forgetting one or two.
Thanks for that. Like you, I can't think of any others that were, but my mind is telling me there must be. What about 'Carpetbaggers' with its cute little 'Jenny Lewis and Her Sound' credit on the B-Side?

Oh - American Tune/Lucky Dog was RSD, surely?
IbMePdErRoIoAmL

Post by IbMePdErRoIoAmL »

Hawksmoor wrote:
IbMePdErRoIoAmL wrote:
Hawksmoor wrote:Can anyone remind me which singles EC has so far released for Record Store Day? Can't seem to find a list anywhere online. I don't mean just this year, but in preceding years.
As far as I can remember, only National Ransack, the Hollywood High EP & Wise Up: Thought were RSD releases. But I may be forgetting one or two.
Thanks for that. Like you, I can't think of any others that were, but my mind is telling me there must be. What about 'Carpetbaggers' with its cute little 'Jenny Lewis and Her Sound' credit on the B-Side?

Oh - American Tune/Lucky Dog was RSD, surely?
Not sure about "Carpetbaggers" but "American Tune" b/w "Lucky Dog" definitely wasn't an RSD release. It was a web exclusive last 4 July. I'm also certain "Bright Blue Times" wasn't RSD but only sold at shows last May/June. The "Welcome To The Working Week (Demo)" may have been an RSD release... I don't remember. Elvis hasn't been as active with RSD releases as many other artists.
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

Picked up my copy complete with download card. Single has the "large" hole so need an adapter to play the vinyl.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

supplydavid wrote:Picked up my copy complete with download card. Single has the "large" hole so need an adapter to play the vinyl.
Can't say i have an extra to mail you David, though surely there are 50 in the house somewhere!!! Unless i peruse my 7 " collection...there must be a 45 with standard YELLOW issue remaining inserted. :lol: don't most turntables nowadays come with one included, usually thicker than needed for the one record??? Still on a mission to find the record today. Right after Mass this morning... :D wish me luck. best, ba
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

supplydavid wrote:Picked up my copy complete with download card. Single has the "large" hole so need an adapter to play the vinyl.
I got one too, complete with the hole! Three hours from joining the queue @ 81Renshaw (http://www.81renshaw.co.uk/ ) to splashing the cash.
bronxapostle wrote:wish me luck. ba
Good luck BA !

Colin Top Balcony
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Number 37 in the vinyl single charts in the UK this week. First time Elvis has been in the top 40 for a while.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:Number 37 in the vinyl single charts in the UK this week. First time Elvis has been in the top 40 for a while.
Excellent. Do these things eventually become available via iTunes or whatever?
Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:Number 37 in the vinyl single charts in the UK this week. First time Elvis has been in the top 40 for a while.
'vinyl single chart'??

I'm surprised there are actually 37 vinyl singles currently in the running!!
And No Coffee Table

Re: "Someone Else's Heart" - EC single for Record Store Day?

Post by And No Coffee Table »

And No Coffee Table wrote:"RECORD STORE DAY FIRST RELEASE. These are titles that you can find on Record Store Day at Record Store Day participating stores. So if you’re a fan of the artist, you get first listen. At some point in the future, generally four to six weeks, these titles will be available at other retailers."
As of June 4 (six and a half weeks after Record Store Day), this is more widely available.
Elvis Costello wrote:Elvis Costello and @questlove cover of @Squeezeofficial "Someone Else's Heart" is available digitally and on limited edition vinyl 45 single from @yeproc Pick up your copy here: https://lnk.to/elviscostello
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

The wonders of technology have made me able to buy 2 copies of this while I’m on the train. 8)
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

In a good piece of news my 2 copies arrived today.

It doesn’t make up for the news about Southend though!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
And No Coffee Table

Re: "Someone Else's Heart" - EC single for Record Store Day?

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Steven Mandel said in Kitten Kuroi's Instagram chat (at 33:30) that the full 11-song Squeeze tribute album will finally be released next April for Record Store Day.

Six songs have already been released as singles:
1. Elvis Costello - Someone Else's Heart
2. Difford & Tilbrook feat. Robert Glasper & ?uestlove - Take Me I'm Yours
3. Erykah Badu & James Poyser - Tempted
4. Todd Rundgren - Bang Bang
5. Mike Watt + The Secondmen - In Quintessence
6. Bilal & Nikki Jean - Black Coffee in Bed