Elvis and The Imposters, Plymouth (England), June 28, 2018 - postponed

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis and The Imposters, Plymouth (England), June 28, 2018 - postponed

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sulky lad

Re: Elvis and The Imposters, Plymouth (England), June 28, 2018

Post by sulky lad »

I'll be there - hahahaha
:roll:Coincidentally I see Elvis now prefers Plymouth to Liverpool - how about that Colin TB ??
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote:I'll be there - hahahaha
:roll:Coincidentally I see Elvis now prefers Plymouth to Liverpool - how about that Colin TB ??
You're saying he's abandoned Big Stand FC for the mighty Argyle? I can understand that.... :D

Great that he's saving you a long journey for once, I am investigating the possibility of Nottingham - before you start, the show not the football team.

Colin Top Balcony
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

:D :D
I think a meet up in Nottingham is definitely on the cards
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote::D :D
I think a meet up in Nottingham is definitely on the cards
that would be great, as an alternative I am also exploring the possibility of Southend on Sea. These options are almost entirely dependent on relatives with spare beds in Chesterfield and Barking. Would be much easier ( ie for me) if he'd have done an NYC type residency here around his mum's birthday!

All the best

Colin
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Preview on Devon Live website:

"Elvis Costello announces UK tour - and he's coming to Devon
Tickets to the event go on sale on Friday

Elvis Costello has announced his UK tour - and he's heading to Devon.

The singer-songwriter who has four albums in the Rolling Stone ‘500 Greatest Albums of all Time’ list, will be performing at Plymouth Pavilions on June 28.

Tickets to the event go on sale this Friday (March 2) and can be found online here.

Who is Elvis Costello?

Elvis Costello began writing songs at the age of thirteen. 2017 marked the 40th anniversary of the release his first record album, “My Aim Is True”.

His record catalogue of more than thirty albums includes the contrasting pop and rock & roll albums, “This Year’s Model”, ”Armed Forces”, “Imperial Bedroom”, “Blood and Chocolate” and “King Of America” along with an album of country covers, “Almost Blue” and two collections of orchestrally accompanied piano ballads, “Painted From Memory” - with Burt Bacharach and “North”.

He has performed worldwide with his bands, The Attractions, His Confederates - which featured two members of Elvis Presley’s “T.C.B” band - and his current group, The Imposters – Steve Nieve, Pete Thomas and Davey Faragher - as well as solo concerts, most recently his acclaimed solo show, “Detour”.

Costello’s songs have been recorded by a great number of artists, including, George Jones, Linda Ronstadt, Georgie Fame, Chet Baker, Johnny Cash, June Tabor, Roy Orbison, Dusty Springfield, Robert Wyatt, Anne Sofie von Otter, Solomon Burke and Darlene Love."

MOOT
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Who's going?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

No surprises here- me and Mrs. Sulky provides she promises not to talk or sing !!
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

Plymouth Pavilions website says this is postponed - no surprise I guess, after Southend.

Bugger.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Postponed is ok - the show will go ahead on another date although that does not help people who have made expensive travel arrangements for these gigs.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

https://www.theticketstore.co.uk/online ... 248F29EDE3

"We have just been informed by the promoter that unfortunately Elvis Costello has been forced to postpone his next two performances on his current UK tour due to medical reasons. Following surgery last month, his doctor has strongly advised him to take a break from his current tour itinerary and rest. He apologises to his fans for the inconvenience and looks forward to rescheduling the dates.

Original tickets will remain valid for the rescheduled performance and we will be in touch with all ticket holders as soon as a date has been confirmed.

We would like to apologise for any disappointment caused and hope to see you at the rescheduled date."
Eugene

Re: Elvis and The Imposters, Plymouth (England), June 28, 2018 - postponed

Post by Eugene »

Elvis Costello Forced To Cancel Shows

Elvis Costello has been forced to cancel his next two performances on his current UK tour for medical reasons. Following some surgery last month his doctor has strongly advised him to take a break from his current tour itinerary and rest.
He apologises to his fans for the inconvenience and looks forward to rescheduling the dates.
Ticket holders should go to point of purchase for refunds.

The two cancelled dates are as follows:

June
Wed 27th SOUTHEND, Cliffs Pavilion
Thu 28th PLYMOUTH, Pavilions
sulky lad

Re: Elvis and The Imposters, Plymouth (England), June 28, 2018 - postponed

Post by sulky lad »

I didn't get a phone call from the Pavilions but I did get a couple of emails and a text message on Tuesday to confirm the postponement. I drove into Plymouth with Mrs Sulky and went to the box office to see if I could "retain" my row B seats for any future gig and this was confirmed so I'll hold onto my tickets and, in the meantime, the wonderful ladies on the box office contacted their manager and she managed to wangle me a Plymouth Pavilions EC poster !! Big thanks to all concerned and a slight compensation for not seeing him ( and the gang) at Southend and Plymouth!