Elvis and The Imposters, Tysnesfest (Norway), July 14, 2018 - cancelled

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis and The Imposters, Tysnesfest (Norway), July 14, 2018 - cancelled

Post by sweetest punch »

Last edited by sweetest punch on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sulky lad

Re: Elvis and The Imposters, Tysnesfest (Norway), July 14, 2018

Post by sulky lad »

Come to tysnesfest and get seasick, judging by the graphics !!
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Preview by Ole Skaten in Bladet Tysnes on February 14th, 2018: http://www.tysnesbladet.no/article/2018 ... /180219969

" Elvis Costello – verdsstjerne til Tysnesfest

Han har samarbeidd med Paul McCartney og er gift med Diana Krall. No kjem Elvis Costello til Tysnesfest.

– Det er intet anna enn ei verdsstjerne som inntek Gjerstad arena laurdag 14. juli, seier ein godt nøgd Tysnesfest-leiar, Øystein Vaage.

Elvis Costello er ei legende som har vore på vegen i 40 år. 63-åringen har gitt ut eit 30-tals album åleine og med fleire band og andre artistar.

I starten på karrieren var Costello sterkt påverka av punk og new wave, sidan også i sjangrar som blues og country.

Engelskmannen har vore og er ein politisk person. Han var mellom anna ei av drivkreftene for «Rock against racism», og gav ut fleire plater med motstand mot Margareth Thatcher og hennar regjering, spesielt Falklandskrigen.

Costello har ein Grammy-pris, og vart i 2003 teken opp i Rock and roll hall of fame. Han har hatt mange hits opp gjennom åra. Ein av dei mest kjente er kanskje «She», som vart ein monsterhit då filmen «Notting Hill» kom i 1999. Men han er og kjend for perler som «Alison», «Veronica» og «I’ll never fall in love again», som han song saman med ei anna legende, Burt Bacharach. I november slapp han singelen «You shouldn’t look at me that way out now!», og han skal sommaren 2018 ut på nok ein turne. Før konserten på Tysnesfest skal Costello mellom anna spela i Anwerpen, Manchester og Wien."

Or in "English" via Google Translate:

" Elvis Costello - the star of star to Tysnesfest

He has collaborated with Paul McCartney and is married to Diana Krall. No, Elvis Costello goes to Tysnesfest.

"It's nothing more than a star of honor, who is in Gjerstad Arena Saturday 14th of July, winning a good-handed Tysnesfest-leier, Øystein Vaage.

Elvis Costello is a legend that has been on the road for 40 years. The 63-year-old has released a 30's album åleine and with several bands and other artists.

At the start of his career, Costello was strongly influenced by punk and new wave, the page also in genres like blues and country.

The Englishman has been and is one political person. He was between another one of the driving forces for "Rock Against Racism," and released several records with opposition to Margaret Thatcher and her government, especially the Falkland War.

Costello has a Grammy award, and in 2003 he signed up in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He has had many hits through the years. One of the most famous is maybe "She", as every monster hit when the movie "Notting Hill" came in 1999. But he is fond of pearls like "Alison", "Veronica" and "I'll never fall in love again "As he sang together with an old legend, Burt Bacharach. In November, he released the single "You should not look that way out now!" And he will be out on a tour in the summer of 2018. Before the concert at Tysnesfest Costello will play between Anna in Anwerpen, Manchester and Vienna."

MOOT
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Article: https://www.ba.no/pulsen/kultur/konsert ... 5-8-813262

Has anyone access to this article?
Is it an interview?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Cancelled: https://www.bt.no/direkte/kultur-direkte/pinned/121534

Google translate:
Elvis Costello has canceled the rest of the ongoing Europeans due to illness. The British artist was one of the major drawers of this year's Tysnesfest, and was going to play there on July 14th.
In a press release, chief executive at Tysnesfest, Øystein Vaage, wrote that they worked through the day to get replacements to the Saturday program, and received Hellbillies and Sondre Justad.