Elvis and The Imposters, Nocturne Live - Oxfordshire (UK), June 16, 2018

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis and The Imposters, Nocturne Live - Oxfordshire (UK), June 16, 2018

Post by sweetest punch »

Last edited by sweetest punch on Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sulky lad

Re: Elvis and The Imposters, Oxfordshire Festival, June 16, 2018

Post by sulky lad »

This is disturbing, with The Waterboys on as well, I may be obliged to take Mrs Sulky with me :shock: :roll:
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Of more importance, it raises the possibility of UK dates, although from the dates confirmed so far it could show the worrying signs that Elvis is becoming a festival act.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Of more importance, it raises the possibility of UK dates, although from the dates confirmed so far it could show the worrying signs that Elvis is becoming a festival act.
He does seem to be planning a series of mostly festival dates. This might be because whilst his tour manager, Chris, is unwell, there is less to do to agree a festival date (where the stage is set and publicity etc is all taken care of), than to book theatre dates where EC would have to do his own tour publicity. I could be wrong. The exceptions seem to be two Austrian dates (oddly), which I cannot account for.

I would rather see EC and the Imposters in a theatre than outdoors, so hopefully more UK dates will follow. I would also hope that EC and Nick Lowe will share the stage at some point.

MOOT
FrankieJ

Post by FrankieJ »

Not another festival act! Come on, EC! Don't you think you're good enough to have your own shows anymore? I won't be attending any festivals. Mud, rain, crowds, rude people, standing endlessly, waiting through acts you didn't come to see, being in the middle of nowhere, and the set probably won't be very long... no thanks. Please do some proper UK dates in proper venues! Stop saving all your intriguing proper tour ideas for the US and bring it over here. Pretty please!

All my love,

The socially awkward lady who you keep seeing in the front rows of your London gigs. :P :P
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis and The Imposters, Nocturne - Oxfordshire (UK), June 16, 2018

Post by johnfoyle »

Today a Tweet from Elvis - or whoever operates his Twitter account - made light hearted comments about this show. It could be received with mixed feelings. If you , as many are , are out of pocket because of the cancellations of the Vegas shows you'd be forgiven for being a bit annoyed that a clarification/explanation still hasn't appeared. On the other hand, it would appear that the 'unforeseen circumstances' aren't of a sufficiently calamitous nature as to prevent Elvis/his people making light hearted comments. Mixed feelings, as I say.

https://twitter.com/ElvisCostello/statu ... 0727711746

And great that our pal Nick Lowe will now be on the bill along with The Waterboys. Did you know that Pete Thomas contributed to “This Is The Sea”? Look out! @elviscostello
verbal gymnastics

Presale link for Wednesday 7th February at 9am.

https://www.ticketline.co.uk/event/unav ... i5PBA66Aku
verbal gymnastics

Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

Despite living only an hour away this is no good to me as I’m working away and not due back in the UK until the following week.

That is Oxford and Manchester ruled out for me so Antwerp it is. Tickets purchased and they are relatively cheap at only €48
At least I’ll get one Elvis fix this year
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

https://twitter.com/MickPuck/status/961 ... twterm%5E1

Slight change in emphasis in the poster for the Waterboys tweet :D

Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

The marketing for the Nocturne Live concert is currently in full swing. This turned up in an inbox this morning, based on an algorithm somewhere knowing that I was likely to be interested in purchasing a ticket.
Email marketing from Amazon.co.uk
Email marketing from Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.PNG (161.28 KiB) Viewed 29538 times
MOOT
verbal gymnastics

I would like to say for the record that the algorithms on my Amazon account for Justin Timberlake were purely of my daughter's making *cough* :lol:

As it's our 15th wedding anniversary on 14th June, I thought about getting a pair of tickets for me and Mrs VG but then thought I'd like to see future anniversaries...

I'm also not keen on outdoor gigs, especially when they are seated.
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

Maybe Nick Lowe will sing Surrender to the Algorithm.
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

This was a must for me with Nick Lowe on the bill. Hoping for a bit of Elvis sings Nick and Nick sings Elvis stuff.
Got some fairly decent tickets late last night on a presale before it was officially meant to start.
Agree generally against festival performances but as only 3 acts from 6pm the setlists should be fairly generous.
Hoping still for other dates to come. How about coming back to Norwich Elvis? You always speak so warmly about us!
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

verbal gymnastics wrote:I would like to say for the record that the algorithms on my Amazon account for Justin Timberlake were purely of my daughter's making *cough* :lol:

As it's our 15th wedding anniversary on 14th June, I thought about getting a pair of tickets for me and Mrs VG but then thought I'd like to see future anniversaries...

I'm also not keen on outdoor gigs, especially when they are seated.
Maura’s birthday is the 15th but I think I’ll leave this until nearer the time I have the grandsons christening next month and will need some money for that. Maura is happy with a weekend in Oxford if we do go
Goon Squad

Re: Elvis and The Imposters, Nocturne Live - Oxfordshire (UK), June 16, 2018

Post by Goon Squad »

Well........................I tried yesterday and today but all I was offered was rows R,T or further back ! :(
Even looked at StubHub this morning, but BEWARE they had some seats in front row but their seating plan was differently numbered to the one on the official site , so I think they are not front centre but front extreme side ! Be very careful !
Think I'll now wait to nearer the time and see if anything comes up ! :roll:
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Mrs Sheep has gone cold on the idea of spending her birthday in Oxford..looks like just Manchester for me this year
verbal gymnastics

In case you haven’t booked this there is a 2 for 1 flash sale on Ticketmaster until Monday 7th

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/promo/82 ... =flashsale
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Whilst the "two for one" doesn't bode well in terms of overall sales, at least it suggests Elvis will have recovered enough to perform at all the other shows.
By the way, anyone got a decent Newcastle ticket -I may be forced to go to the balcony with my lapels looking at current seating availabilities !
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

This ‘two for one’ flash is also available for two other acts from Nocturne Live (Chic and Noel Gallagher).
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

sulky lad wrote:Whilst the "two for one" doesn't bode well in terms of overall sales, at least it suggests Elvis will have recovered enough to perform at all the other shows.
He seems to have managed a corporate (and I imagine, very well-paid) gig on 4th May without collapsing, so the indications are good for the summer!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

My ticket has arrived . It's interesting to see that only Elvis & co. are named '+ Special Guests'. Mike Scott/Waterboys mightn't be terribly happy at such anonymity .I'm thinking of availing of the offer in the accompanying sheet for reduced admission to seeing the castle. All going well I should be on site by midday , after flying into Birmingham that morning & travelling on by train & bus.

https://nocturne.seetickets.com/event/e ... 1526893857
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

Well, I finally succumbed last week and treated myself to a front row seat ( row A so let's hope it is ! ) off one of the re-sale sites. :roll:
I'm really looking forward to it. Two great acts and then Elvis, what more could I want................oh, yes.........a dry day ! Fingers crossed !
Hopefully bump into some of you gang when I'm there ! 8)