New Orleans JazzFest

Pretty self-explanatory
ice nine

New Orleans JazzFest

Post by ice nine »

Elvis won't be there this year, but there is still an impressive line-up. I'll be there the first weekend so if anyone else is going I'd be happy to get together with you. http://www.nojazzfest.com
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
ice nine

Re: New Orleans JazzFest

Post by ice nine »

David Byene was phenomenal. Many people said it was the best show they've seen at the fest.

https://youtu.be/md_EZYfRF7c
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
erey

Post by erey »

Thanks for posting, ice nine. I was reflecting recently that Byrne was probably EC's most direct peer: "new wave" (quote-unquote) star who just kept moving creatively. I'm going to try to check out Byrne's show when it comes to my town, if I can get a decent ticket.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

erey wrote:Thanks for posting, ice nine. I was reflecting recently that Byrne was probably EC's most direct peer: "new wave" (quote-unquote) star who just kept moving creatively. I'm going to try to check out Byrne's show when it comes to my town, if I can get a decent ticket.
Close...but, i give closest to mirroring Elvis' career to PAUL WELLER!!!
erey

Post by erey »

bronxapostle wrote:
Close...but, i give closest to mirroring Elvis' career to PAUL WELLER!!!
I can see that POV, but I was thinking of audience size/reach as well as creative output. Paul Weller doesn't really have a career to speak of in the US. David Byrne fills the same sized, and sometimes the exact same, halls as EC.