New Orleans JazzFest

Pretty self-explanatory
ice nine

New Orleans JazzFest

Postby ice nine » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Elvis won't be there this year, but there is still an impressive line-up. I'll be there the first weekend so if anyone else is going I'd be happy to get together with you. http://www.nojazzfest.com
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain

ice nine

Re: New Orleans JazzFest

Postby ice nine » Wed May 02, 2018 12:43 am

David Byene was phenomenal. Many people said it was the best show they've seen at the fest.

https://youtu.be/md_EZYfRF7c
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain

erey

Postby erey » Thu May 03, 2018 8:11 pm

Thanks for posting, ice nine. I was reflecting recently that Byrne was probably EC's most direct peer: "new wave" (quote-unquote) star who just kept moving creatively. I'm going to try to check out Byrne's show when it comes to my town, if I can get a decent ticket.

bronxapostle

Postby bronxapostle » Thu May 03, 2018 9:59 pm

erey wrote:Thanks for posting, ice nine. I was reflecting recently that Byrne was probably EC's most direct peer: "new wave" (quote-unquote) star who just kept moving creatively. I'm going to try to check out Byrne's show when it comes to my town, if I can get a decent ticket.

Close...but, i give closest to mirroring Elvis' career to PAUL WELLER!!!

erey

Postby erey » Thu May 03, 2018 10:12 pm

bronxapostle wrote:
Close...but, i give closest to mirroring Elvis' career to PAUL WELLER!!!

I can see that POV, but I was thinking of audience size/reach as well as creative output. Paul Weller doesn't really have a career to speak of in the US. David Byrne fills the same sized, and sometimes the exact same, halls as EC.

Return to “Elvis Costello General Discussion”