Elvis and The Imposters plays Manchester Castlefields, July 6 2018

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Re: Elvis and The Imposters no longer playing Manchester Castlefields, July 6 2018

Post by verbal gymnastics »

But you’ll miss the encore of Elvis and Paul doing Happy Hour :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sheeptotheslaughter

Re: Elvis and The Imposters plays Manchester Castlefields, July 6 2018

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Heaton and Abbott are probably the bigger draw in the UK now I am afraid. They look like they are playing to decent crowds on the 'forestry live' circuit and have had two decent selling albums in the last couple of years.
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

Not wanting to get to ahead of things, but I hope there is a contingency plan should a clash with an important football match arise.
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

Harry Worth wrote:Not wanting to get to ahead of things, but I hope there is a contingency plan should a clash with an important football match arise.
Nothing is bigger than an Elvis gig ! :wink:
sheeptotheslaughter

Harry Worth wrote:Not wanting to get to ahead of things, but I hope there is a contingency plan should a clash with an important football match arise.
Are England due to play anyone that night f they get that far?

I am sure I cant be the only one who watched Elvis play with the Sugarcanes in Hyde Park at the same time as England lost 4-1 to Germany in 2010. when Elvis supported Paul McCartney
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:

I am sure I cant be the only one who watched Elvis play with the Sugarcanes in Hyde Park at the same time as England lost 4-1 to Germany in 2010. when Elvis supported Paul McCartney
Should Eng-er-land win their group and their next knockout match they could be facing Germany again :shock: at 7pm that night.
sheeptotheslaughter

Harry Worth wrote:

Should Eng-er-land win their group and their next knockout match they could be facing Germany again :shock: at 7pm that night.
Bad timing then
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Harry Worth wrote:
Panic over, as neither of those things happened. In an evening of great football but not a lot of drama, England lost to Belgium, but the match was an academic exercise anyway as both teams were already through to the next stage. By losing that match, England get Colombia in the next round, which is arguably a slightly tougher call than Japan (who will be Belgium's opponents) but there's not much in it.

The previous day, in an evening of pretty ropey football but high drama/great entertainment, Germany bowed out of the group-stage (for the first time since there has even been a 'group stage'), largely by having no strategy other than to lob the ball forward and see who could run the fastest to pick it up. South Korea, God love them, appeared to have the same strategy, but having younger players and a bit of luck on their side, they carried the day.

All of which means that if England beat Colombia, they will face Sweden or Switzerland on Saturday 7th July. The only thing that might distract people on Friday 6th (in the evening) is Brazil/Mexico versus Belgium/Japan. If that turns out to be Brazil/Belgium (or even if it turns out to be Mexico/Belgium) it could be an interesting scrap, but mainly of interest to football aficionados rather than England supporters as such. In the bizarre event that it turns out to be Mexico/Japan, only your hardcore West Ham and Leicester fans would be remotely interested.
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

:D

Now all I have to hope for is that Elvis's voice is back on song!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Unable to make it, ticket going spare if anyone's interested, PM me !
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Ticket going to a good home - hoorah !
sheeptotheslaughter

If anyone is looking for tickets there are two going as a forum member now has other plans,

is there a pre gig meet up planned?
sheeptotheslaughter

Elvis has pulled out being replaced by the buzzcocks
verbal gymnastics

I'm really sorry to hear this for all of my friends who were going. It'll still be a good gig but not so good for those specifically going to see Elvis. :(
sheeptotheslaughter

I will see if I can get my money back.
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

He's tweeted that full explanation will be given after tomorrow's show in Amsterdam.
Hope things are not too serious.
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:I will see if I can get my money back.
Apparently full refunds inc booking fee will be available from Sounds of the City official outlet/point of purchase.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/218476/9

Elvis Costello Pulls Out Of Manchester Sounds Of The City Show Due To Illness

Elvis Costello has been forced to pull out of this year's Sounds of the City series in Manchester due to illness.

Buzzcocks will replace the singer-songwriter, who was due to perform with Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott at the Castlefield Bowl on July 6. Heaton confirmed the news with a statement issued to his official Facebook page.

For fans who were hoping to see Costello and are now unable to attend, a full refund will be available from point of purchase.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sheeptotheslaughter

I got an email from ticketmaster and the money will be refunded within 15 days
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

15 days? They're bastards aren't they? Bet it didn't take them 15 days to take your money when you booked. 15 seconds, more like.
verbal gymnastics

sulky lad wrote:Ticket going to a good home - hoorah !
I bet the buyer is well happy. Did Elvis phone you personally and tell you to get rid of it :lol:
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I'm proud to say it was going to be a magnanimous gesture so the cancellation means I actually get a refund - bit of a result really !
sheeptotheslaughter

Hawksmoor wrote:15 days? They're bastards aren't they? Bet it didn't take them 15 days to take your money when you booked. 15 seconds, more like.
I did speak to someone yesterday who had their refund already so hopefully i will get mine in the next few days
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote:I'm proud to say it was going to be a magnanimous gesture so the cancellation means I actually get a refund - bit of a result really !
I can personally vouch for Sulky's magnificent magnaniminity iro the still-going-ahead at-the time appearance in Mudchester. Sadly subsequently rained off.

Colin Top Balcony
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Hawksmoor wrote:15 days? They're bastards aren't they? Bet it didn't take them 15 days to take your money when you booked. 15 seconds, more like.
I did speak to someone yesterday who had their refund already so hopefully i will get mine in the next few days
I'm with ticketline for these, and they're telling me 3-5 days. Which is still iniquitous, but a lot better than your quote of 15 days.