Elvis playing Vegas, Feb/March 2018 - cancelled

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis playing Vegas, Feb/March 2018

Post by johnfoyle »

Today a Tweet from Elvis - or whoever operates his Twitter account - made light hearted comments about one of the shows in Europe during the summer. It could be received with mixed feelings. If you , as many are , are out of pocket because of the cancellations you'd be forgiven for being a bit annoyed that a clarification/explanation still hasn't appeared. On the other hand, it would appear that the 'unforeseen circumstances' aren't of a sufficiently calamitous nature as to prevent Elvis/his people making light hearted comments. Mixed feelings, as I say.

https://twitter.com/ElvisCostello/statu ... 0727711746

And great that our pal Nick Lowe will now be on the bill along with The Waterboys. Did you know that Pete Thomas contributed to “This Is The Sea”? Look out! @elviscostello
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

johnfoyle wrote:...because of the cancellations you'd be forgiven for being a bit annoyed that a clarification/explanation still hasn't appeared.
I think the silence will speak volumes. The fact that shows have been arranged on proposed Vegas show dates would demonstrate it's neither a logistical issue nor related to Chris' health issue.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
erey

Post by erey »

I wouldn't assume Chris's health issues had nothing to do with it. I'm hoping he got some good news today, too.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Oh..dear . the news of the cancellation of the gigs in Vegas has come too late for the deadline for the content of this Vegas publication. 'STRIPLV - The Sexiest Magazine on the Planet! ' says their Twitter page. I'll leave it up to some of our more intrepid contributors to maybe check out the feature on Elvis.

http://magazine.striplv.com/i/936234-striplvissue0218

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

A friend on F/book has undertaken the vital research :D :D

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Elvis posts this on Facebook:

“What goes on in that place in the dark”

"My grandmother was in service as a girl. Given the night terrors she experienced all her life and the coded and guarded things she said to me when I was still quite young, the family eventually deduced that she was speaking of abuse at the hands of her rich employer.

That was 100 years ago.

We should be doing better by now."

https://www.facebook.com/ElvisCostello/ ... 02/?type=3
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
krm

Post by krm »

johnfoyle wrote:Oh..dear . the news of the cancellation of the gigs in Vegas has come too late for the deadline for the content of this Vegas publication. 'STRIPLV - The Sexiest Magazine on the Planet! ' says their Twitter page. I'll leave it up to some of our more intrepid contributors to maybe check out the feature on Elvis.

http://magazine.striplv.com/i/936234-striplvissue0218

You can see those pictures in any magazine......
sulky lad

Re: Elvis playing Vegas, Feb/March 2018 - cancelled

Post by sulky lad »

:D :D :D