So Far Richard Groothuizen book for sale

Pretty self-explanatory
sulky lad

So Far Richard Groothuizen book for sale

Post by sulky lad »

I've just been informed by the seller that a copy of this book is available on eBay. At my recommendation, it has a starting bid of £19.99, I believe and I thought it was worth at least that due to its rarity and the fact that the money goes to a deserving charity - helping with children's poverty. Anyone interested ?
bronxapostle

Re: So Far Richard Groothuizen book for sale

Post by bronxapostle »

Link please...cant find it sulky
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

This is the link for the UK ebay sale:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELVIS-COSTELL ... 1438.l2649
I believe there are a couple of UK fan forum members interested though no bidding as yet.
oliversa1

Post by oliversa1 »

Well, I've put a bid on it.
Don't Start Me Talking, I Could Talk All Night.
krm

Post by krm »

A fantastic Book. From the era of handwritten letters and cassettes.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

krm wrote:From the era of handwritten letters and cassettes.
It was through a fanzine that I started corresponding with sulky lad - about 22 years ago. He sent me cassettes galore and I never feel like I've ever gotten close to paying him back.

Whilst that era was great, collecting recordings etc and meeting fellow fans was much harder. The interweb has made this so much easier. This board is testament to that. I've made so many friends here, whether I've met them physically or not.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Santa's got this in his sack for me Chrimbo prezzie!

Looks like it was a bidding war between North and South of the Mersey, sorry Oliversa.

Roger's second book Going Through the Motions was my bible in those heady days of cassette trading (including with Sulky and Verbal) and bootleg buying at record fairs. Really looking forward to seeing it's predecessor after all these years.

Nice that the money's going to charity too.

Colin Top Balcony
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

KRM wrote
From the era of handwritten letters and cassettes.
Oh, the excitement of posting off a parcel and then waiting for a reply. I bought loads of Elvis' shows on cassette from someone who signed himself "Jake" in the early 80s and they came with a unique handwritten insert. I also go a lot of cassettes from "Goose Recording" with photocopied inserts using pictures copied from the weekly music papers of Elvis most often and then traded with folk all over the world, Dave, Mike and Tony from the USA, Fred, Kjell and Jef from Europe, and dozens of people in the UK, including the 2 x Colins, Allan S. in Scotland, Gordon in Northern Ireland, Mark, Peter, Andy and most importantly, Verbal which resulted in our long standing and enduring and valued friendship.
PS Congrats to Colin TB, on winning the book - I think l can now safely say the book is a bit like Everton's new signings, definitely hugely over-rated ( Only joking !!) :wink: