Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers -Vienna, VA, Filene Center At Wolf Trap , June 22 2017

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers -Vienna, VA, Filene Center At Wolf Trap , June 22 2017

Post by johnfoyle »

Who's going ?
johnfoyle

Re: Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers -Vienna, VA, Filene Center At Wolf Trap , June 22 2017

Post by johnfoyle »

Anyone?
FAVEHOUR

Re: Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers -Vienna, VA, Filene Center At Wolf Trap , June 22 2017

Post by FAVEHOUR »

I'm going!

dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

FAVEHOUR wrote:I'm going!

dave
ENJOY!!!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... -22_Vienna

01. The Loved Ones
02. ...And In Every Home - including Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
03. Accidents Will Happen
04. You'll Never Be A Man
05. Tears Before Bedtime
06. Moods For Moderns
07. Shabby Doll
08. Human Hands
09. Green Shirt
10. Go Tell (Your Quiet Sister)
11. Watching The Detectives
12. The Long Honeymoon
13. Indoor Fireworks
14. Kid About It
15. King Horse
16. You Little Fool - including Young Girl
17. Pidgin English
Encore 1
18. Alison
19. A Face In The Crowd
20. Shot With His Own Gun
21. Boy With A Problem
22. Almost Blue
23. I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down - with Imelda May
Encore 2
24. Beyond Belief
25. Man Out Of Time
26. Everyday I Write The Book
27. Pump It Up
28. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Little Savage seems to have fallen by the wayside in the quest of a complete IB show.
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

The lack of variety in the set lists this tour was a little disappointing, although granted they did have to play most of the IB songs. Eases the pain of missing this leg of the tour a little.
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

Agreed. Also, it seems his voice has lost a little something. I think perhaps age is catching up with him.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I don't think it's age. Raising young boys + constant touring... That's exhausting. Maybe a bit more focus on himself - exercise/rest/diet might help? Don't we all need to focus on these things as we get older? Everyone knows loosing some poundage increases your energy level, right? I read it online, so I know it's true. Thinking about a sugary snack right now. Gotta go.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

stricttime81 wrote:The lack of variety in the set lists this tour was a little disappointing, although granted they did have to play most of the IB songs. Eases the pain of missing this leg of the tour a little.
for me too!
Arbogast wrote:Agreed. Also, it seems his voice has lost a little something. I think perhaps age is catching up with him.
WOW! are we ALL approaching heresy??? :lol: :lol:
MOJO wrote:I don't think it's age. Raising young boys + constant touring... That's exhausting. Maybe a bit more focus on himself - exercise/rest/diet might help? Don't we all need to focus on these things as we get older? Everyone knows loosing some poundage increases your energy level, right? I read it online, so I know it's true. Thinking about a sugary snack right now. Gotta go.
a little of this for certain. slightly longer breaks in between tours perhaps? ALSO, maybe his REAL fanbase longs for NEW material.

many artists with similar devout fandom, length of service and numbers of released lps (DYLAN, NEIL, BRUCE, WELLER, CAVE!) continue. AND they continue to release (EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE FIVE I MENTION HERE) upon VINYL as well all these years. AND, they ALL persevered with virtually EVERY ONE of their releases available upon vinyl lp even in the darkest days of the 1990's. and ELVIS should enjoy this approach eternally, as after all, VINYL IS THE ONLY POSSIBLE SALVATION OF THE RECORDING INDUSTRY!!!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

MOJO wrote:I don't think it's age. Raising young boys + constant touring... That's exhausting. Maybe a bit more focus on himself - exercise/rest/diet might help? Don't we all need to focus on these things as we get older? Everyone knows loosing some poundage increases your energy level, right? I read it online, so I know it's true. Thinking about a sugary snack right now. Gotta go.
a little of this for certain. slightly longer breaks in between tours perhaps? ALSO, maybe his REAL fanbase longs for NEW material.

many artists with similar devout fandom, length of service and numbers of released lps (DYLAN, NEIL, BRUCE, WELLER, CAVE!) continue. AND they continue to release (EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE FIVE I MENTION HERE) upon VINYL as well all these years. AND, they ALL persevered with virtually EVERY ONE of their releases available upon vinyl lp even in the darkest days of the 1990's. and ELVIS should enjoy this approach eternally, as after all, VINYL IS THE ONLY POSSIBLE SALVATION OF THE RECORDING INDUSTRY!!![/quote]

New material is always a plus for any music fan. Just say yes to new EC/Imps music!

Touring - scale back, smaller venues, bigger ticket price OR Tour, tour, tour - seems like a good way to bring in the $$$.

EC Vocals - Add more back up, maybe? I know Davey and the gals are there for that, but I could hardly hear them at the Greek. Could be I'm deaf / dumb / buzzed or the outdoor venue + sound mix wasn't giving me what I needed. Whatever. Again, I'm clueless.

Pressing Vinyl - If you can sell all of it, then press it. If a small niche group is buying and your fanbase is nichey -smaller than Neil, Bruce, Dylan - then press a small amount for profit. But what do I know. I'm clueless.

Poundage - Let's all jazzercise through the summer in the hopes shedding some lbs! Whose in?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=na9ZZ4ZjVa8