Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers - Indianapolis, IN, Murat Theatre , June 10 2017

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers - Indianapolis, IN, Murat Theatre , June 10 2017

Post by johnfoyle »

Who's going ?
Mountjoy

Re: Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers - Indianapolis, IN, Murat Theatre , June 10 2017

Post by Mountjoy »

I am going. Will 'only' be my 8th EC concert, and only my third time seeing the Imposters, so pretty excited...
verbal gymnastics

Re: Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers - Indianapolis, IN, Murat Theatre , June 10 2017

Post by verbal gymnastics »

8)

We expect a review!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
krm

Post by krm »

Mountjoy wrote:I am going. Will 'only' be my 8th EC concert, and only my third time seeing the Imposters, so pretty excited...
enjoy!!!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

One of our correspondents on Facebook says both "Little Savage" and "Boy With A Problem" were played.
And No Coffee Table

Setlist.fm has this:

01. On Your Way Down
02. The Loved Ones
03. ...And In Every Home
04. Accidents Will Happen
05. You'll Never Be A Man
06. Tears Before Bedtime
07. Moods For Moderns
08. Shabby Doll
09. Human Hands
10. Green Shirt
11. Go Tell (Your Quiet Sister)
12. Watching The Detectives
13. The Long Honeymoon
14. Indoor Fireworks
15. Kid About It
16. I Wanna Be Loved
17. King Horse
18. Pidgin English
Encore 1
19. Alison
20. Little Savage
21. Shot With His Own Gun
22. Boy With A Problem
23. Almost Blue
Encore 2
24. Uncomplicated
25. Beyond Belief
26. Man Out Of Time
27. Town Cryer
28. Everyday I Write The Book
29. Pump It Up
30. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?

Actually, setlist.fm calls #17 "tenderness," which I assume is "King Horse," and #22 "unknown," but it has to be "Boy With A Problem."

I wonder if they really skipped "You Little Fool" though.
Mountjoy

Post by Mountjoy »

Here is my version...

Indianapolis – June 10 2017

Show starts 7:50 PM (with brief ‘slide show’)

1. On Your Way Down
2. The Loved Ones
3. And In Every Home
4. Accidents Will Happen
5. You’ll Never Be A Man
6. Tears Before Bedtime
7. Moods For Moderns
8. Shabby Doll
9. Human Hands
10. Green Shirt
11. Go Tell (Your Quiet Sister)
12. Watching The Detectives
13. Long Honeymoon
14. Indoor Fireworks
15. Kid About It
16. I Wanna Be Loved
17. King Horse
18. You Little Fool (seemed to be a snippet of ‘Young Girl’ in there)
19. Pidgin English

1st Encore
20. Allison
21. Little Savage (sort of a gospel version)
22. Shot with his Own Gun
23. I Still Have That Other Girl
24. Almost Blue
25. Boy With A Problem

2nd Encore (almost no separation, but full band out)
26. Uncomplicated (with ‘Shotgun’)
27. Beyond Belief
28. Man Out Of Time
29. Town Cryer
30. Everyday I Write The Book
31. Pump It Up
32 (What’s so funny ‘bout) Peace, Love & Understanding

Show ends 10:19 PM
And No Coffee Table

Thanks! So they finally played all of Imperial Bedroom in one show.
Jocko Wainwright

Post by Jocko Wainwright »

I think Elvis spilling a bottle of water on Steve's piano deserves its own spot on the set list, because that happened to much fanfare.

It was a great show. First time I've seen several of those songs live. I'm too tired to write anything else, but did I mention it was a GREAT SHOW?
Mountjoy

Post by Mountjoy »

Yes, the spilled water (as Elvis gestured in Steve's direction) at the beginning of "I Still Have That Other Girl" added some comedy/drama, but I was afraid that it was going to derail the song (especially with a tech rushing out to wipe off the top of the piano). It didn't. Still a great rendition of the song!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Great set although I personally don't think On your way down is a strong opener.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
rightbrain

Post by rightbrain »

Some notes from last night . . . I think when Elvis plays a proper indoor theater (vs. an outdoor "shed"), he's willing to try more ballads and crooning (which I prefer). And with a day off tomorrow and a short 3-hour ride to Chicago ahead, I'm not surprised we got a 2-and-a-half hour show.

It was a real treat to hear LITTLE SAVAGE (with Elvis at the piano) slowing the song down and re-arranging it in such a way that it would sit nicely next to "Blood And Hot Sauce" from A FACE IN THE CROWD. He added a call-out to the audience after each verse: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, say it again . . . whoa, whoa, whoa, say it again." It was the most confident I've seen Elvis at the keyboard since he treated us to an entire suite from A FACE IN THE CROWD as an encore in Akron, Ohio last October.

BOY WITH A PROBLEM was a pleasant surprise. During the intro, he said most of the words were "written by my pal ChrIs Difford, and I'm gonna read it off this piece of paper here, 'cause I don't know how it goes." And sure enough, Elvis had a yellow legal pad with the lyrics that he held in front of him as he sang. Powerful vocal, too.

If there was any doubt, Steve Nieve proved once again that he is the most essential member of the Attractions/Imposters. It's as if he had THREE hands running everything from the piano, to the Vox Continental, to the Hammond Organ and the string samples off the computer. And the crowd was anticipating and applauding each of his "solos." Steve went particularly baroque on SHOT WITH HIS OWN GUN doing more of an extended instrumental break than usual - to tremendous applause!

Kitten Kuroi and Brianna Lee's back-up vocals added a lot of "drama" to YOU LITTLE FOOL and also shined on THE LOVED ONES, AND IN EVERY HOME, and of course, LITTLE SAVAGE with the Gospel-tinged "MISTAH" AVERAGE . . . great stuff.

All 15 songs from Imperial Bedroom in a single show. Can't ask for more than that.

And GO TELL (YOUR QUIET SISTER) is a really good new song. Makes you wish Elvis would release a studio version as a one-off on iTunes or something.

Some sample lyrics:

Go tell, go tell your quiet sister
Tell your obedient brother
To tell your anxious mother
Pray, tell
Call on your Heavenly Father
For all the fools that gather
From His ???? to his sons and daughters

Go tell
Go yell it on the hillside
Tell every imaginary landslide
To speak in spells

Go tell
Go tell your guiltless neighbor
Speak up, he's a silent witness
His name could be on the "Hit List"

You want my name, well that's a shame
You should be under a key and lock
Get your cash in a laughing stock
Trade it in on a ????

Farewell
Okay, you can call your imaginary cousin
The one who looks like ???
Go Tell
And go ahead and go down the mountain

I know a lot has been said in the past about "sound issues" going back to the Fall 2016 leg of this IbMePdErRoIoAmL & Other Chamber Tour. I was seated in the 5th Row "dead center" and while Steve's keyboards were finally "present" from the start (thankfully!), Pete's drums were so over-miked and BOOMING in the mix, that Elvis' voice got buried, while Davy's bass often blended in to the overly-muddy mess. It was nice when you could hear it "chirp" more (like in the final verse of HUMAN HANDS), but more often than not (THE LOVED ONES, YOU'LL NEVER BE A MAN, etc.) the rhythm section was a deep slurry of mush. But of course, none of that mattered for ALMOST BLUE, I STILL HAVE THAT OTHER GIRL, LITTLE SAVAGE, BOY WITH A PROBLEM or SHOT WITH HIS OWN GUN.

And I was able to snag a copy of BRIGHT BLUE TIMES before the show, so it's all good!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Nice review. Thanks for wanting to see this show again and again while I am 1000+ miles away from the next group of shows. Hope this show circles back to the west coast again.

Yeah, what is up with the mix? Every spot has its own nuances for sound, I guess, but isn't the sound / mix sorted out at sound check?

Signed "still clueless" MOJO

(Peace)