Elvis hints at new release: Lupe-O-Tone's vinyl singles

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Re: Elvis hints at new release: Lupe-O-Tone's vinyl singles

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I don't entirely agree. A batch of 1000 copies will be far more expensive per unit than a bigger batch run.

I think the demand is there for limited edition vinyl runs but this will be more of a collector's item - how many people are actually going to play the single as opposed to keeping it in the collection (taking it out only to ask Elvis to sign it at a gig) and then getting it on download?

My criticism would be that postage costs weren't sorted out.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

another complaint will be...CAN WE GET SOME ARTWORK INCLUDED FOR THE BIG INVESTMENT PLEASE???? :lol:

i mean that plain yellow sleeve is quite nice for BRIGHT BLUE TIMES, very reminiscent of old 78 rpm records. but, how many of those does your average record collector want in their cabinet?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

American Tune is the Paul Simon song.
Lucky Dog sounds like a guitar demo.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Hi Fi Entertainment, the distributor, is jacked. Try checking out Wise Ghost from their storefront. The shipping costs are nutty. Is someone smoking meth over there or what? I feel bad the promotion didn't go down as planned. That's lame and I would be totally pissed. It's angered some fans and they are putting the blame on EC - which is really sad and stupid. HiFi is the real problem. They shouldn't even be in business. Their web design and storefronts are from the mid 90s... like something you would find within the internet archive. Totally weak. Time to think of a new business model, geniuses. Aside from my bitchfest, I look forward to hearing the new tunes.
krm

Post by krm »

MOJO wrote:Hi Fi Entertainment, the distributor, is jacked. Try checking out Wise Ghost from their storefront. The shipping costs are nutty. Is someone smoking meth over there or what? I feel bad the promotion didn't go down as planned. That's lame and I would be totally pissed. It's angered some fans and they are putting the blame on EC - which is really sad and stupid. HiFi is the real problem. They shouldn't even be in business. Their web design and storefronts are from the mid 90s... like something you would find within the internet archive. Totally weak. Time to think of a new business model, geniuses. Aside from my bitchfest, I look forward to hearing the new tunes.
Thanks for bringing this up. I noticed this some days ago, but didn´t want to scream it out. I have the songs now on spotify. They are great. I am happy with that. Do I need more vinyl? Probably not. Today 2nd hand LPs are going for $2 and there is so much music to listen to and to catch up with. I dont need to spend $138,37 in postage for a record.
Lupeotone.jpg
Lupeotone.jpg (20 KiB) Viewed 28683 times
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

It would appear from emails that my copy has been despatched and delivery will be between 2 and 6 weeks. I assume this is because the cost has ensured that the disc won't be warped since it will be taken by husky sledge over the Arctic and then down through the Artic and North Sea by trained porpoises rather than anything orthodox like a regular flight from the US to the UK and then by van ! :roll:
verbal gymnastics

With the postage it might have been cheaper to pick it up personally!
jardine

Post by jardine »

Really enjoy the bass playing on AT -- the bit i can hear on line. I used to love the days of going to a, what were they called? record stores? and finding by accident some new 12 inch something or other by elvis or other loves. now, instead, we get all this fooling around and weird postage matters and deletions and, in the end, no real release, just "if you want it, here it is, come and get it," oops, no, oops yes. Seems full of arty irony but not much affection for many fans. make a cd release cheap and sell it so i can buy it. i will, still, after all this nonsense.

and i really want to immerse myself in this lovely song that i've known for decades, given the current circumstances of america.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

Missed out on the vinyl over the weekend as I was away (boohoo - though may have been too pricy)
Just downloaded and probably just as well I didn't shell out.
Elvis's vocals are good on American Tune but I think Questlove's drumming is too intrusive and unecessary; think Pete would have done a better job.
Lucky Dog is OK but I heard it live some time before National Ransom was out, I think. If EC really rated it then it would have seen the light of day before now.
The limited edition vinyl idea is good (like Ryan Adams did) but make sensible numbers of vinyl singles and sort out a UK/European distribution deal with sensible costings please.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

sulky lad wrote:It would appear from emails that my copy has been despatched and delivery will be between 2 and 6 weeks. I assume this is because the cost has ensured that the disc won't be warped since it will be taken by husky sledge over the Arctic and then down through the Artic and North Sea by trained porpoises rather than anything orthodox like a regular flight from the US to the UK and then by van ! :roll:
That's bogus. What did you pay for shipping? Tell them you will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

https://www.bbb.org/en/us/

It may wake them up... or not. What is their beef? Are they focused on wholesale? Who is actually buying singles from these guys?

Happy 4th ya'll. Here is a little something from a member of one of America's favorite band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saWlOBBxHJ0

Brian Wilson's Pet Sounds Tour is traveling through Europe right now. Go to this show. It's a blast.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

may i ask a silly question that has NOT yet been discussed (i do not believe!) there was a previously released version of this song from a PAUL SIMON tribute compilation that i had NEVER acquired. is this indeed a different, more recent take on the song, or the same from ten years ago? thanks, ba
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

It's different. The old one is a live version with Allen Toussaint, who does most of the singing.

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... Paul_Simon
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

verbal gymnastics

Spotify shows this as an album. Does two songs qualify as an album? It never did in my day when I was a young boy etc.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

That's a spotify database issue most likely. They want to join the two tracks together but have no other way to assign it or call anything else other than an album, so the tracks are together. Not knowing anything about nothing is my expertise, call it American laziness at it's best? Hell, yes!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Dennis is Boston has received a copy of the single- (photo via Facebook)

As has Gary in Holliston, MA -

Fishfinger king

I watched one of these 10" singles on ebay just to see what it went for.
Any guesses?

£238!!!!!!!!!!!!
(plus postage)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Fishfinger king wrote:I watched one of these 10" singles on ebay just to see what it went for.
Any guesses?

£238!!!!!!!!!!!!
(plus postage)
CRAZY!! meanwhile, as per FAVEDAVE...on sale last night at the show!
JONPD

Post by JONPD »

It's on sale again at lupe-o-tone.com

Cheapest postage to the UK is $32.58 compared to $22.35 I paid to the previous distributor! And it took about a week to arrive.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

JONPD wrote:It's on sale again at lupe-o-tone.com

Cheapest postage to the UK is $32.58 compared to $22.35 I paid to the previous distributor! And it took about a week to arrive.
$32.58 is the total cost of the record plus shipping, not the shipping cost alone.
Fishfinger king

I bet the guy who paid £238 is less than happy........
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

JONPD wrote:It's on sale again at lupe-o-tone.com

http://www.lupe-o-tone.com/

Get "American Tune" by The Imposter
Side A: American Tune (Paul Simon)
Side B: Lucky Dog (L.E. Singer)

Order your 10" 45 RPM vinyl record via Paypal
"Distant cousins, there's a limited supply"

A small of stock of this limited 10" vinyl edition of "American Tune/Lucky Dog" by The Imposter is once again available, directly from Lupe-O-Tone, purveyors of rare and beautiful musical editions since 2010.

$15.00 USD + shipping. One copy per customer please!

Choose your geographic region from the dropdown box.
Please allow 3 weeks for delivery.
Choose region & shipping method. Prices below include the record AND shipping.
History Repeats

Post by History Repeats »

As I offered with the Bright Blue Times Single, I am planning on attending the final 4 shows (Cooperstown, Vermont, Maine, Providence), and would be happy to pick-up for anyone who wants this release, assuming it continues to be available at the shows

Just send me a PM

Cheers
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

It's reached Dublin