On Oct. 18, 2017 the Little Kids Rock organization is honoring Elvis Costello for their annual event

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

On Oct. 18, 2017 the Little Kids Rock organization is honoring Elvis Costello for their annual event

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... on-benefit

Elvis Costello to Be Honored at 'Little Kids Rock' Music Education Benefit
3/9/2017 by Lauren Tom

On Oct. 18, the Little Kids Rock organization is honoring Elvis Costello for their annual event. The national nonprofit benefit, known for transforming the lives of children’s music education, is raising funds to provide instruments and teacher training in low-income schools.

The legendary rocker supports the worthy cause of music education and has been a special guest to Little Kids Rock since 2012.

“Mr. Costello has been such a bright light in the world of music throughout his career and his work as an artist is as singular as it is memorable,” says Little Kids Rock Founder and CEO, David Wish. "The singer is the perfect person to highlight in this event with his talent and work that bridge together social issues and romantic optimism into the music world."

The special event also includes a live auction including cool prizes and the once-in-a-lifetime experience playing with Costello onstage.

For more information about the benefit, go to LittleKidsRock.org.

The 2017 event is set to take place on Oct. 18 at PlayStation Theater in New York City.
bronxapostle

Re: On Oct. 18, 2017 the Little Kids Rock organization is honoring Elvis Costello for their annual event

Post by bronxapostle »

Wheeeee, night before my birthday. I got a hunch, Elvis will be best pleased at this type of event honoring him, by performing most of the night. He is the consummate accompanist and will do well playing background to Weller, Young, Cave, Hynde, Macca, Springsteen, Malin, Adams, Parker and more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get excited folks, just my dream picks. Haha
bronxapostle

Re: On Oct. 18, 2017 the Little Kids Rock organization is honoring Elvis Costello for their annual event

Post by bronxapostle »

well, look at this!!!!

Sign me on as:*
Headliner Sponsorship for $200,000
Opening Act Sponsorship for $50,000
Rockstar Sponsorship for $25,000
Performer Sponsorship for $15,000
Roadie Sponsorship for $10,000 - SOLD OUT!
Individual Tickets for $1,000 per ticket

NOW, i got to hope and pray for the opportunity for a balcony seat in the $250 range!!! looking bleak. :( :(

OR MAYBE NOT!!! i find this on another page at the LKR site, describing each price range:

$1000: One ticket (Ticket Includes: table seating, show access, cocktail hour, open bar, and 3-course meal)

so, perhaps there will be a simple entry to showtime only ticket at a somewhat affordable amount for me!! :D
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

bronxapostle wrote:well, look at this!!!!

Sign me on as:*
Headliner Sponsorship for $200,000
Opening Act Sponsorship for $50,000
Rockstar Sponsorship for $25,000
Performer Sponsorship for $15,000
Roadie Sponsorship for $10,000 - SOLD OUT!
Individual Tickets for $1,000 per ticket

NOW, i got to hope and pray for the opportunity for a balcony seat in the $250 range!!! looking bleak. :( :(

OR MAYBE NOT!!! i find this on another page at the LKR site, describing each price range:

$1000: One ticket (Ticket Includes: table seating, show access, cocktail hour, open bar, and 3-course meal)

so, perhaps there will be a simple entry to showtime only ticket at a somewhat affordable amount for me!! :D
B, this will be no different than the same tribute to SVZ a few years back and the Pete Townsend thing....balcony seats will be around $100.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

hate to disagree Eugene...i am almost positive we paid $250 for that balcony seat in 2012 for the SVZ tribute. were you there?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

bronxapostle wrote:hate to disagree Eugene...i am almost positive we paid $250 for that balcony seat in 2012 for the SVZ tribute. were you there?
Yes, but that was in a different theater/ballroom(Manhattan Center?). The Darlene Love one the next year wasn't that much money IIRC. I'm hoping for less $$$.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Well, let us approach it this way. If Bruce is announced or even implied and/or the same for the then on tour Sir Macca, expect that cheap seat to be $300!!!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Research reveals this event will be GA if/when it goes on sale.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

I sent an email about tickets for the common people; awaiting a response.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Eugene wrote:I sent an email about tickets for the common people; awaiting a response.
thanks...keep me posted Eugene!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

bronxapostle wrote:
Eugene wrote:I sent an email about tickets for the common people; awaiting a response.
thanks...keep me posted Eugene!
Hi Eugene! YES - we will be selling General Admission tickets. They will be listed on the website on 8/20 - Thank you!!! Isa
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Wonderful work Eugene, thank you
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

And B, I asked the question about pricing....the response:

Not quite sure yet - still working on what these tickets will include - open bar / snacks / items like that! Thank you!

Isa
jmm

Post by jmm »

Me and Mrs. are signed up for this event and looking forward to it
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

jmm wrote:Me and Mrs. are signed up for this event and looking forward to it
Signed up as in you have purchased already or as in some sort of list for when general admission goes on sale jmm?? I would hope that it is our typical E performing with those playing his songs some or most of the night. Much better than having him watch the set like us, right?? 8)
jmm

Post by jmm »

Made a donation and we are in ba! Buddy tried to do the same and was told they are full for now
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

https://www.littlekidsrock.org/2017bene ... ervations/

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/little-kid ... 79951?aff=

Password protected...$200 GA open bar...my contact is away till Thursday. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sale starts today at 11AM.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

How does one get a password?

I already have an Eventbrite account.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

docinwestchester wrote:How does one get a password?

We may not need a password at 11AM. Fingers crossed.

The staff of LKR are on a company retreat until Thursday morning.
docinwestchester

Eugene wrote:
docinwestchester wrote:How does one get a password?

We may not need a password at 11AM. Fingers crossed.

The staff of LKR are on a company retreat until Thursday morning.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i am hoping NO PASSWORD NEEDED!!! good luck guys. and what are the chance of $200 tickets selling out immediately. i bet they are selling at least 300. the theater is awesome in regard to balcony seating.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

MusicChangedMyLife is the password Dave....they are still working on it.
docinwestchester

Eugene wrote:MusicChangedMyLife is the password Dave....they are still working on it.
Thanks! Got mine.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

We're in also....looks like only 200 tix available.
docinwestchester

Eugene wrote:We're in also....looks like only 200 tix available.
196 now