On Oct. 18, 2017 the Little Kids Rock organization is honoring Elvis Costello for their annual event

Pretty self-explanatory
Eugene

Re: On Oct. 18, 2017 the Little Kids Rock organization is honoring Elvis Costello for their annual event

Post by Eugene »

Springsteen will be at the Walter Kerr that night...no certain why Bonnie Raitt was added as a co-honoree.
bronxapostle

Re: On Oct. 18, 2017 the Little Kids Rock organization is honoring Elvis Costello for their annual event

Post by bronxapostle »

I specifically saw 11:30 as the end time. So, if the old man wants to honor his two legendary friends, he can run the four short blocks to get there. I'm more looking forward to the Bonnie and EC duet on Love Has No Pride, What Do You Want the Girl to Do or Willin'...wheeeee!!
Better yet, ALL THREE.
Last edited by bronxapostle on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Got my tix

Like Bonnie Raitt but disappointed this won't be all about EC
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

FAVEHOUR wrote:Got my tix

True Favedave...but at least it is shared with another legend and not a Dave Matthews or a red hot chili pepper or something like that.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

bronxapostle wrote:
FAVEHOUR wrote:Got my tix

True Favedave...but at least it is shared with another legend and not a Dave Matthews or a red hot chili pepper or something like that.

Ha! Yeah that's the truth. Just seems like he warrants a night of his own....
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

That's lovely, thanks for posting Doc
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

this gorgeous a version of this gem alone with 2 hour OPEN BAR is worth my $200!!!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

bronxapostle wrote:I specifically saw 11:30 as the end time. So, if the old man wants to honor his two legendary friends, he can run the four short blocks to get there. I'm more looking forward to the Bonnie and EC duet on Love Has No Pride, What Do You Want the Girl to Do or Willin'...wheeeee!!
Better yet, ALL THREE.
Date and Time

Wed, October 18, 2017

7:00 PM – 10:30 PM EDT

And B, don't forget the Pete thing ended exactly at 10PM in the same theater.

Doors at 7; show at 8.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

I did see that also Eugene...ill try to find where I saw 11:30. What PETE thing???
docinwestchester

The ticket:

Google listing:

bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

That's the ticket??? It has both end times listed, but neither Elvis or Bonnies name??? Horrible $200 souvenir. :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:That's the ticket??? It has both end times listed, but neither Elvis or Bonnies name??? Horrible $200 souvenir. :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
An expanded view of the ticket:

The second picture my previous post is the Google listing, not the ticket.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

bronxapostle wrote:I did see that also Eugene...ill try to find where I saw 11:30. What PETE thing???
The Pete Townsend MusiCares thing at the then Best Buy theater.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

15 tickets sold out of 200; not listed on the PlayStation theater website...we'll have the balcony all to ourselves at this rate. :D

LKR did send out an email, but without the password. LOL
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

Just got my ticket, so they'll be 16 of us!
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Yeah, we will all be on a first name basis...then i will introduce you to my friend Donald who will get a $3 seat filler ticket the day before. WE HAVE GOT TO DRINK LOADS THAT NIGHT GUYS. And when do they plan on telling us who else besides Kebmo and Paul ugh Schaeffer
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

bronxapostle wrote:Yeah, we will all be on a first name basis...then i will introduce you to my friend Donald who will get a $3 seat filler ticket the day before. WE HAVE GOT TO DRINK LOADS THAT NIGHT GUYS. And when do they plan on telling us who else besides Kebmo and Paul ugh Schaeffer
Darlene Love announced herself on Friday. Would you rather Macca just show up or added formally?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Guess added formally if we want it sold out. Didn't check his tour schedule...is he off Eugene?

FORGET THAT GENE...on tour in Brazil that week. :cry:
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

LKR website now lists the following performers:

"Bernie Williams & Darlene Love
Keb' Mo' and Paul Shaffer
Bettye Lavette
LKR students

And special guests Mike Myers and more"

Perhaps you'll get some Austin Powers nonsense?

MOOT
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

181 tickets left...still password protected. WTF?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

definite lack of getting the word out here. i let monkey2man know FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY as i kinda just casually asked if he will attend. HE KNEW NOTHING OF IT! he also was glad to go for the price tag with a two hour open bar included. hope they start announcing some acts to maybe pique potential interest.

oh, just seeing this blurb from the brooklynvegan link from johnfoyle....

Mike Myers, Darlene Love, Bettye Lavette, Keb’ Mo’, Paul Shaffer, Bernie Williams and more will perform at a benefit concert for music education foundation Little Kids Rock at NYC’s PlayStation Theater on October 18. The event is also honoring Elvis Costello, Bonnie Raitt and City Winery’s Micheal Dorf whose “Music Of” tribute shows benefit Little Kids Rock. Will Lee, formerly of Paul Shaffer’s Late Show band, is the musical director for this event and lots more performers are still to be announced.

Still think we could do quite a bit better!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

LKR explained that it's still password protected because it's a "private" event.

M2M's ticket leaves 180 left. LOL
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

just had an email from City Winery offering tickets also to the event, Michael Dorf the founder is also on the to be honored list so obviously a few openings still exist.

I am in town that nigh but have tickets for First Aid Kit and will be seeing Elvis in Austin Sunday so will be missing this one.