Post by verbal gymnastics »

Rome-os were restless
They were ready to kill...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sulky lad

Re: Elvis (solo) plays Rome , May 29 2016

Post by sulky lad »

:lol:
I responded so your 9000 post might be aimed at me !!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I didn't realise that was my 9000th post. I'd have made a bigger issue of it had I known. :lol:

9000 posts - and every one worse than the last!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

A curio , this one. A Italian radio station aired a interview with Elvis yesterday , recorded in May. Thing is , they have someone talking over it with a simultaneous translation. From what I can hear he doesn't say anything terribly new.

From about 25 minutes into this -

http://www.kingkong.rai.it/dl/portaleRa ... 9f100.html

http://www.kingkong.rai.it/dl/portali/s ... cf349.html

Google translation -

SPECIAL-INTERVIEW WITH ELVIS COSTELLO

GIOVEDÌ July 21, 2016

Between one stage and the other of his Italian tour, we met Elvis Costello and we had a long talk with him.

40-year career, a record curriculum and collaborations that rivals any artist. An attitude of experimentation that Costello has as a boy, when in 1977 in full punk explosion, began with a drive that was completely different from anything that was spinning around: "I had no absolutely no idea apart from the fact that they were several years that I was knocking on doors but nobody opened me, which made me completely detach from the turmoil that was living in London at that time. "

The son of a musician who recorded radio plays in elegant concert halls, says "" I wanted to be a writer, not a musician. I was for a short time a kind of pop star, in England, in the late '70s, but I really liked it .... "But the music was at home.

"At the time I did not care labels that affibbiavano to music, went hand in hand with the clothes they were wearing. I just wanted to be able to do my music."

Elvis Costello about his tour, or as he called him his "Detour": "I choose the songs to be performed during the concert following the emotion.

Just a concert in Italy, in fact, Costello sang "I threw it all away" Dylan "because it was his birthday and did not say anything, but that's a song that I love for years, even though it was a long time since live played ".

SPECIALE-INTERVISTA CON ELVIS COSTELLOGIOVEDÌ 21 LUGLIO 2016

Tra una tappa e l'altra del suo tour italiano, abbiamo incontrato Elvis Costello e abbiamo fatto una lunga chiacchierata con lui.

40 anni di carriera, un curriculum di dischi e collaborazioni da fare invidia a qualsiasi artista. Un'attitudine alla sperimentazione che Costello ha sin da ragazzo, quando nel 1977 in piena esplosione punk, esordiva con un disco che era completamente diverso da tutto ciò che girava intorno: "Non avevo nessunissima idea a parte il fatto che erano diversi anni che bussavo a diverse porte ma nessuno mi apriva, cosa che mi fece distaccare completamente dal fermento che viveva Londra in quegli anni."

Figlio di un musicista che registrava radiodrammi in eleganti sale da concerto, dice ""Volevo fare lo scrittore, non il musicista. Sono stato per un breve periodo una specie di pop star, in Inghilterra, alla fine degli anni 70, ma non mi è veramente piaciuto...". Ma la musica era di casa.

"Al tempo non mi importava niente delle etichette che affibbiavano alla musica, andavano di pari passo con i vestiti che indossavi. Io volevo solo riuscire a fare la mia di musica”.

Elvis Costello a proposito del suo tour o come lo ha chiamato lui del suo "Detour": "Scelgo le canzoni da eseguire durante il concerto seguendo l'emotività.

Proprio in un concerto in Italia, infatti, Costello ha cantato “I threw it all away” di Dylan "perché era il suo compleanno e non ho detto niente, ma quella è una canzone che amo da anni, anche se era molto tempo che non la suonavo dal vivo".