Pretty self-explanatory
FAVEHOUR

Re: A Face In The Crowd: new musical

Postby FAVEHOUR » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:36 pm

you wouldn't think so, no.....

Man out of Time

Postby Man out of Time » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:39 am

It looks like Hugh Jackman may also be in New York at the moment. This article from the New York Times in mid-February had him there filming "The Greatest Showman"- coincidentally a musical about PT Barnum (subject of The Secret Songs). The article says:

"when “The Greatest Showman” is done, Mr. Jackman said, his schedule will be clear. “I’m actually freer than I’ve ever been,” he said. “I don’t have anything actually planned for after this movie, which is really exciting for me.”

So he would be free to be involved in A Face In The Crowd.

MOOT

bronxapostle

Postby bronxapostle » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:02 am

FAVEHOUR wrote:you wouldn't think so, no.....

RIGHT? i am sure, BET MY PAYCHECK POSITIVE IN FACT, that they have a 90 minute set, that all four can plow through, if awoken in the middle of the night, after four years off the road and play it letter perfect, with a BIG handful of off the cuff requests playable as well. :D :D :D

sweetest punch

Postby sweetest punch » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:37 am

I made a mistake a few posts back that led to some confusing comments.
The Imposters play this one off gig on Saturday and not on Friday.
And this gig is in Washington ( and not New York).
I made these posts quickly at work on my smartphone.
Guess that wasn't a good idea after all.
I'm sorry for that.
:)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.

johnfoyle

Postby johnfoyle » Sat May 13, 2017 1:46 pm

https://twitter.com/gentlyrotting/statu ... 1542820864

Lee, U.K., Tweets -

That time I caught a glimpse of Elvis Costello's hat and sunglasses #elviscostello #musicalgenius

Mike Tandrow comments -

New LP artwork revealed!

sweetest punch

Postby sweetest punch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:21 pm

Elvis talks about the musical in a new interview in Rolling Stone: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... ic-w488090

(...)
You're working on a musical version of A Face in the Crowd, and playing some of those songs live. Could that end up as an Elvis Costello album as well?

I couldn't say it hadn't crossed my mind that I might sing these songs and put 'em down in some way. But, you know, the show is moving along at such a speed now. It's a different process than anything I've ever done. It's somewhere between making an album and making a big movie. In terms of people pooling their resources, their schedules, it'd be like if you were trying to cut The New Basement Tapes, except you only wanted to have Beyoncé and Adele and Bono on it. Then you might have had a bit more difficulty getting the studio time!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.

sweetest punch

Postby sweetest punch » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:40 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1784

http://www.lemonde.fr/musiques/article/ ... 54986.html

(...)
Vous aviez annoncé ne plus souhaiter enregistrer d’albums après Wise Up Ghost, votre album de 2013 avec les Roots. Mais vous écrivez toujours des chansons ?

J’en ai écrit 19 pour une comédie musicale qui, je l’espère, sera montée en 2018, A Face in The Crowd, fondée sur une nouvelle dont Elia Kazan a tiré un film [Un homme dans la foule, 1957]. L’histoire d’un chanteur de hillbilly qui devient un démagogue médiatique. Et la dernière en date est à moitié en français, à moitié en anglais, elle s’intitule Adieu Paris (l’envie des étoiles).

Google translation:

You announced that you would no longer wish to record albums after Wise Up Ghost, your 2013 album with Roots. But you still write songs?

I wrote 19 for a musical that, I hope, will be staged in 2018, A Face in The Crowd, based on a short story from which Elia Kazan shot a film [A Man in the Crowd, 1957]. The story of a hillbilly singer who becomes a media demagogue. And the latest is half French, half English, it is called Adieu Paris (the envy of the stars).

bronxapostle

Postby bronxapostle » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:16 pm

How many of 19 can we list please?
Okay... i can start. Cut, paste, continue please.

A FACE IN THE CROWD
VITAJEX
THEY CALL ME MRS. LONESOME
BLOOD AND HOT SAUCE
AMERICAN MIRROR
BURN THE PAPER DOWN TO ASH
THEY'RE NOT LAUGHING AT ME NOW
THIS UNEASY HOUR
STRIPPING PAPER
UNDER LIME
ADIEU PARIS
A TOWN CALLED RIDDLE