Elvis is working on three musicals

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis is working on three musicals

Post by sweetest punch »

From the Mojo article: http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... =2&t=10656

(...)
Being free - that is another reason he's paled on making LPs. "What I did after the last record solely credited to me (National Ransom, 2010) was I detached myself from this... motor that had been running the previous 30 years: you put a record out then you tour that record. I hated that. I'm not out "promoting" an album, I'm out doing what I've always done, play songs."
But is he still writing songs?
"I aim and I'm planning all sorts of things. There are three (stage) musicals in different states of play - two with Burt Bacharach, one of which I fear may have fallen foul - theatre politics are a different structure to the record business - and another is still developing. There's a lot of songs written - maybe 30 or more that Burt and I wrote. Some of them are so killer. So what's the next thing? It might not be that a (new) record is the best way to introduce it. How did they get songs out of people before there were records? They went and played them. I like that idea."
(...)

The musical with Burt Bacharach that may have fallen foul must be the Austin Powers musical. The one that is still developing is the Painted From Memory musical.
Hopefully we will hear soon what this third musical is about.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.