Book promo, Manchester , England - 27 October 2015

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Book promo, Manchester , England - 27 October 2015

Post by johnfoyle »

New book signing announced - Tuesday 27 October, 12:30 pm at WH Smiths in the Arndale Centre, Manchester.

MOOT posts elsewhere -

http://events.whsmith.co.uk/event/unfai ... aring-ink/

" ‘Elvis Costello’ Signing Unfaithful Music & Disappearing Ink
Elvis Costello will be signing copies of his new book, Unfaithful Music & Disappearing Ink

Signing Schedule
WHSmith Arndale Centre, Manchester Tuesday 27th October from 12:30pm Telephone 0161 834 8300

Terms And Conditions
This will be a wristbanded event. Wristbands and books are available from the WHSmith stores hosting the event from Tuesday 13th October. To queue for this event you must purchase a copy of Unfaithful Music & Disappearing Ink from a WHSmith store and collect your wristband from the store hosting the event. Queuing for this event opens an hour before the event. Anyone arriving earlier will be asked to return at the correct time. Proof of purchase from WHSmith WILL be required. Please keep this in a safe place. Wristbands will be given out on a first come, first served basis. Please be prepared to wait in the queue. To avoid disappointment, we cannot guarantee entry after the signing start time. Anyone under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult. Any accompanying adults will not need a wristband. Due to time and space limitations only one child can only be accompanied by one parent. Those without a book and wristband will not be permitted to join the queue unless they are a parent or guardian of anyone under 14 years of age. Your wristband entitles you to one place in the queue to get your book signed by Elvis Costello. Only copies bought from WHSmith will be accepted. Only the book will be signed. No other merchandise will be signed. No posed photos. You are free to take pictures whilst Elvis is signing. Unfortunately no dedications will be possible due to the anticipated turn out for the event. The time at which the event ends will be determined by the promoters on the day."

and presumably "don't pass out now, there's no refund" either.

MOOT
Mikeh

Re: Book promo, Manchester , England - 27 October 2015

Post by Mikeh »

This is a rather grotty location, even by WH Smith's standards. I would have thought the nearby Waterstones would be more approprate.

I got the Audio version from Auduble on a month's free trial - very entertaining so far!
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Mike

I agree Manchester is a grotty location :D :D :D

However as I work in Salford I may take them up on this - plan to queue in my Everton scarf - it's Waterstones who're organising the Liverpool Q+A.

Colin Top Balcony
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Any reports?
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

All went swimminly well John. No photos allowed though. I was nineth (but whoose counting!) in the queue so this took 15 minutes from kick off to signing. My copy is from Santa so he wrote as requested "Happy Christmas Colin, Elvis Costello". in the brief time allotted I said how much I enjoyed the previous night at the Royal Court and he replied, generously I thought, "yeah, Mark was good wasn't he"! Smiths had 300 wristbands available, hard to tell if they all went.

Colin Top Balcony
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

So it wasn't embarrassingly under attended?
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

nope - decent turn out in Mudchester