Burt Bacharach: Close to You Musical

Pretty self-explanatory
supplydavid

Burt Bacharach: Close to You Musical

Post by supplydavid »

https://www.londontheatredirect.com/mus ... ckets.aspx

I was in London last week and noticed a flyer for this show starting in October. Looks to a greatest hits reimagined rather than a Mamma Mia type rework. Probably unlikely any of the Elvis collaborations made the cut but its probably a good nigh out.

David
Neil.

Re: Burt Bacharach: Close to You Musical

Post by Neil. »

They had this at a smaller theatre earlier this year, where I saw it. There are no Elvis songs. It's performed by some v talented young musicians/singers - but hardly any of the songs are performed in their entirety, which gets really annoying! You're just starting to enjoy a beautiful rendition of 'Trains and Boats and Planes', when they switch to something else. Some of the 're-imagined' covers work better than others - 'Don't Make Me Over' is allowed its entirety and is prob the showstopper of the night!
sulky lad

Re: Burt Bacharach: Close to You Musical

Post by sulky lad »

That's a bit like the Burt medley that happened at the Royal Festival Hall in 1998 when, after several songs from PFM, Elvis left the stage and the backing singers got to shine but though there were clever segues between different songs, like Neil, you couldn't help longing for one song in its entirety !
Of course the most important part of the RFH show in 1998 was the fact that it was my first of many gigs in the great company of VG - now I'm the straight man to his wit and repartee :oops: