I'm Your Toy promo video on Vevo/YouTube

Pretty self-explanatory
FAVEHOUR

I'm Your Toy promo video on Vevo/YouTube

Post by FAVEHOUR »

EC's Vevo channel has put up the pro-shot of I'm Your Toy from the RAH show 1/7/82, the one that never got the video released. I don't recall this being officially available before, I've just had a version with a few glitches that ran on TV once. Am I right that this is noteworthy?

Now if they would only put out the whole thing

dave
FAVEHOUR

Re: I'm Your Toy promo video on Vevo/YouTube

Post by FAVEHOUR »

krm

Post by krm »

Wow! SPeechless. This is soooo goooood!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Have to post Gram Parson's original , Hot Burrito #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rrqBsG1yXs
ramalama

Post by ramalama »

That's got to be the worst bass-sync I've seen this side of Danny Bonaduce
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

FAVEHOUR wrote:Now if they would only put out the whole thing

Indeed. Maybe this is a sign!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Really enjoyable?

Can we have a full release of this gig please.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Holy crap, had no idea this had been recorded on video! And the amount of camera angles and live vision mixing surely means the whole concert was filmed... no? Must look up the set list!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Apparently ITV offered to show it at something like one in the morning and Jake said no. By then the moment had passed and so it , quite literally, got left on the shelf. Mark Perry remembers , on a visit to the F Beat offices, someone pointing to the tape box and saying what it was - Mark found himself entertaining , briefly, the notion of 'borrowing it'...
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Didn't Elvis say he was offered something like £400? Ridiculous.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Cocktail Murderess

Post by Cocktail Murderess »

Fantastic! I remember being absolutely desperate to go to this show but my parents wouldn't allow me to go (too young to go off to the big smoke alone especially as I'd have to stay overnight). They must have relented somewhere along the way as on Christmas morning I opened an envelope and 2 tickets were sat inside - one for me and one for my best friend! It remains to this day the best Christmas present I ever received. The show was absolutely amazing....I had goosebumps the whole way through. I'll never forget it.
I keep my lipstick twisted tight.
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

We had tickets in the second row and it was a fantastic seat.

I had received a 'proper' camera for Christmas and this show came along too quickly for me to have tried it out.

Without any real knowledge of the camera's workings I sat and happily snapped a whole film thoughout the gig.

When the photos came back from the developers I had 36 images that were either all white or all black and no idea what went wrong.

Fantastic gig though. I'd love to see the whole show again.
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I've never met anyone who attended this show and then, like route masters ( if you 'll forgive the analogy ) two come along at once. I'm so envious snd what wonderful parents you must :arrow: have had , Cocktail!! I remember having to explain long and hard about the warning sticker on Almost Blue to my fundamental. Christian father !!
Cocktail Murderess

Offshoreram wrote:We had tickets in the second row and it was a fantastic seat.

I had received a 'proper' camera for Christmas and this show came along too quickly for me to have tried it out.

Without any real knowledge of the camera's workings I sat and happily snapped a whole film thoughout the gig.

When the photos came back from the developers I had 36 images that were either all white or all black and no idea what went wrong.

Fantastic gig though. I'd love to see the whole show again.
Lucky you! That must have been brilliant. We were up in the ashtrays....quite near to the stage though so not bad seats. I seem to recall that there was someone famous in the box below us..,think it was either Bob Geldof or Midge Ure. Shame about the pictures though.....I daren't take any.....'cos it said you weren't allowed to on the back of the ticket, or somewhere similar!
Cocktail Murderess

sulky lad wrote:I've never met anyone who attended this show and then, like route masters ( if you 'll forgive the analogy ) two come along at once. I'm so envious snd what wonderful parents you must :arrow: have had , Cocktail!! I remember having to explain long and hard about the warning sticker on Almost Blue to my fundamental. Christian father !!
Sulky...I don't know whether to be more insulted for being likened to a bus, or for the fact that you didn't respond to my original post by exclaiming that I must surely, have still been a babe in arms when said concert occurred! :cry: Haha! I remember carefully peeling the offending sticker off my newly purchased copy of Almost Blue on the back seat of the 30 bus on the way home from town....just incase my mum wanted to see my purchases on arrival home. :evil: Happy days!
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

These are the songs that you saw performed, Cocktail Murderess. Hmm, so the RPO only came on for the second half. Did Elvis change into dickie bow for the second half, or did he have it all the way through? Anyway, am gagging to see this broadcast, now!

1st Set - Elvis, the Attractions & John McFee
01. Big Tears
02. Strict Time
03. Secondary Modern
04. Green Shirt
05. Kid About It
06. Watch Your Step
07. Shabby Doll
08. Almost Blue
09. Success
10. Tonight The Bottle Let Me Down
11. Colour Of The Blues
12. How Much I Lied
13. The Long Honeymoon
14. Clowntime Is Over
15. Big Sister's Clothes

2nd Set - Elvis, the Attractions, John McFee & the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
16. Shot With His Own Gun
17. Accidents Will Happen
18. Sweet Dreams
19. Just A Memory
20. Too Far Gone
21. I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down
22. Watching The Detectives
23. New Lace Sleeves
24. Brown To Blue
25. Town Cryer
26. Alison
27. Good Year For The Roses
28. I'm Your Toy
29. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
Cocktail Murderess

Thanks Neil. Honestly, I can't remember if EC got changed before the second set.....I'd like to think that he did as that would have been the right thing to do! I do, however remembering him fluffing the beginning of one of the songs (Sweet Dreams if my memory serves me correctly), stopping the whole thing and asking to start again. I remember thinking at the time that it must have taken a lot of guts to do that, especially since he'd looked so nervous at the start of the show, and with the RPO in full swing at that point.

I decided to don the white gloves tonight and dip into the old archive and found a few related bits......not sure which papers the clips are from, sorry, I wasn't that organised way back then...... :cry:

It made me smile when I read that the audience members were requested to dress formally as the show was being recorded for posterity!!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (213.8 KiB) Viewed 23119 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (218.55 KiB) Viewed 23119 times
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

As you're probably all aware, an audience recoding exists of the show, including a high quality recording of the second half with the RPO from an alternative source ! :D
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Wow, CM.: the top price seat was £9.50!! Obviously, wages as well as prices have gone up since then, but it still seems so quaint. Cool, Sulky - but I'm hoping that somehow the video gets released. Maybe the rights are too complicated with all the RPO musician royalties? Would love to see a high quality release of this footage.
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

Truly brilliant video.
I'm so jealous of Cocktail and Offshoream getting to that show, I remember being so keen to go but couldn't get time off work and was living and working in Taunton at the time (as a junior doctor then I did work 80-100 hours a week ).
What a great setlist Here's hoping the whole gig eventually gets a video or audio release of some sort.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Well Sulky here comes another bus.

I was also there with the first missus Sheep. I am not sure if the if the other two forum members attended in 'formal attire' but I wore an old 50's suit and a bow tie, She was in a cocktail dress. But to be fair we were going thorough the new romantic/rockabilly phase and I dressed like that most of the time. The frilly bows, make up and baggy trousers never suited me even in my young slim youth. We had pretty good seats near the front to the side.

At the time Kim Wilde was very popular and we had seen her in the crowd at the Rainbow show just before Christmas. I used to wind the girlfriend up saying how much I fancied Kim. Between sets my GF said there she is the cow. Who I replied, Kim Wilde. She had spotted her the other side of the RAH.
Not sure what the girlfriend had to be so worried about she was just 17 then and better looking than Kim Wilde. Happy times. I have the 'pleasure' of meeting up with her Saturday week when our oldest daughter gets married. Maybe I will bring up the RAH show.

I still think it was of the best Elvis's gigs I have been to and I was always disappointed it was never shown on TV. I am not sure if that was the RAH where Steve Nieve was playing the theme to Dallas as we were entering the hall.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

All these buses it's have needed Robert Kirby as a conductor ( groan) don't ask me to apologise ...... Etc
I couldn't afford the tickets for the RAH and had to send my ticket for the Rainbow gig in December to an old university flame as I couldn't get a train back to Plymouth on time for Christmas - I'm very envious of you all. In 1989 I went with the first Mrs Sulky ( how apt) to see the middle of the 3 solo nights and wore a dinner jacket and dicky bow - sadly I was sartorially 7 years too late - and that's still a personal best :oops: