A Brief Return and an LA Steely Dan/EC Shot in the Dark

Pretty self-explanatory
bobster

A Brief Return and an LA Steely Dan/EC Shot in the Dark

Post by bobster »

Hey all. It's been, like, a gazillion years. I was once a regular around these parts up until about 2006 or so and some of you remember me (and I see quite a few of you on Facebook).

Anyhow, I've been terribly remiss in seeing about figuring out a way into the show next a week from this Monday,7/13, at the Hollywood Bowl. I'm actually a moderately big Steely Dan fan to a certain degree who's never seen them live, though I suspect they don't quite rock hard live as our own Mr. C. In any case, would be fun to see the show in the company of actual EC fans (it's always amazing to me the number of people who see shows who don't seem to care who's on stage!) Don't quite feel like hitting the Hollywood Bowl all by my lonesome. Also, I'll be returning from Comic-Con the prior night, I don't know, I might be tired!

Anyhow, if anyone out there has an extra ticket in their group, I've got extra money...
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Otis Westinghouse

Re: A Brief Return and an LA Steely Dan/EC Shot in the Dark

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Hi Bobster. Wow, you're back! I remember enjoying your interactions well. Was it you that got horribly ill, or was that someone else? I've a feeling it was - someone who was moderator/hoster/MC on iteration 2 of the board (after Zebrasnake began sending people death threats and the FBI closed it down, or the like!). All a bit of a blur... Kind office to find this place still exists and regulars still post on it, just as it's great toes Elvis giving great shows in 2015. Hope you get to and enjoy the show.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I can't help I'm afraid but the return of bobster - wow! Welcome back.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bobster

Post by bobster »

Well, it's old home day. Nope, no serious illnesses (yet). Oh, and what reminder of drama now nearly forgotten (though the very name of a certain long ago flame of our mutual idol still brings out the shivers).

Good to hear from ya'll!
bobster

Post by bobster »

And, in a not so stunning turn of events, it looks like I very likely would have a hard time at turning up at this concert anyway. Not the greatest timing.

Still, good to drop in for old time's sake!