Elvis hosts Sirius XM event on May 12 2015

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis hosts Sirius XM event on May 12 2015

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.nonesuch.com/journal/emmylou ... 2015-05-08

Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell to Host SiriusXM Outlaw Takeover

Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell celebrate the release of their new duo album, The Traveling Kind, out next Tuesday on Nonesuch Records, by hosting a "takeover" of SiriusXM Outlaw Country—channel 60—during the week of its release, including their own daily one-hour show, an interview and performance on The Buddy & Jim Show, and an intimate performance with a live audience at the SiriusXM studios in New York City for a very special broadcast event hosted by Elvis Costello.

First up is The Buddy & Jim Show hosted by Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale, which first airs on SiriusXM Outlaw Country this Saturday, May 9, at 10 PM ET. Encore broadcasts follow on Sunday May 10, at 10 AM ET; twice on Monday, May 11, at 2 AM and 2 PM ET; and again on Wednesday, May 13, at 12 AM and 10 PM ET.

Every day of release week, Monday, May 11, through Friday, May 15, Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell take over hosting duties for Daily Traveling Hour, which airs at 9 AM ET and again at 2 PM ET.

And last but certainly not least, Harris and Crowell perform live from the new album on The Traveling Kind – LIVE, hosted by Elvis Costello, on the evening of the album's release, Tuesday, May 12, at 7 PM ET. If you miss the live broadcast (or want to listen again), the show will air again next Saturday, May 16, at 9 AM and 5 PM ET, and Sunday, May 17, at noon and 9 PM ET.

For more on SiriusXM Outlaw Country, visit siriusxm.com.

Harris and Crowell are also marking the release of The Traveling Kind with a number of sold-out shows at City Winery venues across the United States this month, as well as sets at the Kerrville Folk Festival and Spoleto Festival. Harris will also join the Dave Matthews Band for two shows in her home state of Alabama in early June before heading to Sweden to receive the Polar Music Prize. For details on all of these events and more, visit nonesuch.com/on-tour.

The Traveling Kind is streaming in full all this week as an NPR First Listen. To hear it now, head to npr.org.

To pre-order The Traveling Kind and download three album tracks now, head to iTunes or the Nonesuch Store, where CD and vinyl orders also include an exclusive, limited-edition print autographed by Harris and Crowell.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis hosts Sirius XM event on May 12

Post by johnfoyle »

docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

I caught the last 15 minutes. Elvis joins them at the end for one song:

FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

They'll probably re-run it a few times, maybe you can get the whole thing.

Dave
docinwestchester

FAVEHOUR wrote:They'll probably re-run it a few times, maybe you can get the whole thing.

Dave
From the OP:

If you miss the live broadcast (or want to listen again), the show will air again next Saturday, May 16, at 9 AM and 5 PM ET, and Sunday, May 17, at noon and 9 PM ET.
docinwestchester

Same song, with Emmylou, different arrangement:

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Via Facebook -

Elvis, Emmy , Rodney , Amy Allison & Jed Hughes
docinwestchester

Listen here:

migdd

Post by migdd »

Listening now. Thanks, doc! You Rulz!!!
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

I have now had over a week with the new record and I am consistently impressed with how it holds together as a statement. I was suspicious that it would be a let down from "Old Yellow Moon" but it is not in the least. I think it is an improvement over that record. One hears the joy and love for one another in their harmonies and individual vocals on this record as they move back and forth in time recalling shared events, friends, loved ones and a friendship and a shared love for musical and lyrical expression. Time, both linear and memory infused, permeates this album. EC is right to point that out. Both records pay homage to space and the heavens and our inevitable progress into that continuum. I also liked that "Kin" was given mention. That project from a few year's ago really resonated with me and I have been saddened by how little it failed to connect with too many other music listeners.

The last song on the album encapsulates for me why this record works-I picture these two just kicking up their heels and lovingly moving on into that continuum of time:

https://youtu.be/IsjctoTYliY
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Video of "wheels" is now available from Sirius:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FIVcrLhK2o

Dave
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-siriusx ... 1481927170#

Artists featured on Outlaw Country include, from left, Rodney Crowell, Emmylou Harris and Elvis Costello. Jeremy Tepper, far right, is the program director of the channel. PHOTO: JASON SHALTZ