Elvis on Pop Gold 1980

Pretty self-explanatory
Goon Squad

Elvis on Pop Gold 1980

Post by Goon Squad »

Late Wednesday night I watched Pop Gold which is a collection of ITV music recordings from the 80's mainly from kids TV programmes of the time. There was a few interesting clips and then suddenly, completely out of the blue.......................there was Elvis with The Attractions from 1980 doing what looked like a live performance of I Stand Accused in front of all these youngsters. Quite bizarre ! :shock:
It was a really energetic performance, just like a live gig, so much so that I've never seen Bruce move around as much as he did towards the end of the song. It was a real treat to see ! 8)
It seemed a strange song choice to me bearing in mind I don't think it was ever released as a single, but it was great to watch.
For those that missed it you might find it on the ITV Player online.
Did anyone see it, or does anyone remember ever seeing this performance before coz I know I certainly haven't ? :?
Ulster Boy

Re: Elvis on Pop Gold 1980

Post by Ulster Boy »

Sounds like its from the Alright Now show, they also did Possession. I think there was drink taken...
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

Ulster Boy wrote:Sounds like its from the Alright Now show, they also did Possession. I think there was drink taken...
Well spotted UB ! That's the show the clip was from..........and yes, they did look quite "merry" ! :wink:
John

Post by John »

And here it is...
EC struggling with words a touch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbFudS ... e=youtu.be

Great fun though.
Ulster Boy

Post by Ulster Boy »

I must dig out my old vhs of Possession, I think it includes an ill advised guitar solo
Azmuda

Post by Azmuda »

This is wonderful. Many thanks!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

From the booklet with The Right Spectacle DVD, Elvis' comments on the 1983 Tube appearance included -

'This show was shot in the Newcastle studio of Tyne-Tees Television, where three years earlier, we had gone on a drunken rampage through another Mickie Most production called ' Alright Now'. I'm surprised they let us back in. Thankfully, no tape exists of us "improving" a performance by The Blues Band by joining in with their number and a spectacularly sozzled rendition of 'I Stand Accused' is probably better left in the archive where it cannot be a bad influence on young and impressionable musicians.