Kojak Variety on vinyl

Pretty self-explanatory
cwr

Kojak Variety on vinyl

Post by cwr »

At long last!

My copy arrived this week, and it feels great to finally have it on vinyl. Maybe more than any other EC record, this one feels like it belongs in this format.

I know there have been complaints about the jacket art on other Music On Vinyl releases of EC's Warner albums, but I think this one looks terrific. The original liner notes are on a full-size insert.

I sure hope that they can make a deal for Painted From Memory to be re-issued on vinyl, as it now has the distinction of being the ONLY proper Costello album to never come out on vinyl. (Even the G.B.H. soundtrack and For The Stars can be found on LPs!)
Ymaginatif

Re: Kojak Variety on vinyl

Post by Ymaginatif »

I did enjoy spinning this one - it sounded good. 8)

A pity that they didn't go for a textured sleeve. The original did have that, didn't it? Or am I imagining that? :P
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

can't wait to get mine!
IbMePdErRoIoAmL

Post by IbMePdErRoIoAmL »

cwr wrote:I sure hope that they can make a deal for Painted From Memory to be re-issued on vinyl, as it now has the distinction of being the ONLY proper Costello album to never come out on vinyl. (Even the G.B.H. soundtrack and For The Stars can be found on LPs!)
As far as I know, My Fame Burns Blue was never released on vinyl... as well as a few other more "esoteric" recordings such as Deep Dead Blue, Costello & Nieve & Il Sogno.
cwr

Post by cwr »

As far as I know, My Fame Burns Blue was never released on vinyl... as well as a few other more "esoteric" recordings such as Deep Dead Blue, Costello & Nieve & Il Sogno.
I'd be kind of surprised if any of those live albums or EPs or Il Sogno ever got issued on vinyl, but PFM is the only proper EC studio album left without a vinyl edition, right? (I also wouldn't expect to see a vinyl edition of Cruel Smile.)
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

My Fame Burns Blue
Much better title! :D :D
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

I left my copy at work after receiving it there today. I did photograph it.