UK/European Tour 2015

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

UK/European Tour 2015

Post by Man out of Time »

We are now in the apparently desperate and unusual state of having no confirmed future dates for EC to play live anywhere in the world. However, at the end of the show at the Royal Albert Hall this evening, Elvis said that he hoped to be back in London (and possibly the RAH) "early next year", to play some of the songs he didn't play at the "Blues Fest" show.

These could be either some of the new PFM songs, or songs from "Lost On The River:The New Basement Tapes", or something else entirely. Elvis said "We hope to be back", rather than "I hope to be back", so we could be him and Steve (who was also on the stage at the time) or EC and the Imposters.

He also sounded like he had thoroughly enjoyed his European tour, and was showing off his new shoes bought (he said) on the Reeperbahn in Hamburg from a shoe shop located in between a sex shop and a gun shop.

Watch this space...

MOOT
Goon Squad

Re: UK/European Tour 2015

Post by Goon Squad »

Yeah, I must admit it is barely ten and a half hours since the last song at RAH and I'm already getting withdrawl symptoms ! :(
He did seem very positive when he said about early next year so hopefully it's well down the planning stage with news soon TBA. We can but hope !
Personally, for all the brilliance of this year's solo gigs, I'd like to see the Imposters back to add a bit of guts and life to the shows. It might even get some people off their bl***y seats ! :wink:
Fingers crossed for some news, sooner rather than later !
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

no love for the states or the city of San Francisco. Bogus. At least we have another World Series win! OH YEAH! Giants.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

MOJO wrote:no love for the states or the city of San Francisco. Bogus. At least we have another World Series win! OH YEAH! Giants.

could someone kindly run this through Google translate for me? :D :D :D
MooT is usually a dab hand at GT

Colin Top Balcony
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Yeah, major American spaz here. Let me translate:

San Francisco - I don't recall the last time EC played in SF. Seems like two years, maybe? I could be wrong. Sure, he has played 30 miles north and south of SF, but not in the city. Seems like it's been awhile.

World Series - You UKers have football (soccer in the US), we have baseball - read here: http://www.sfgate.com/giants/article/YE ... 857204.php
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

MOJO wrote: Sure, he has played 30 miles north and south of SF, but not in the city.

i'll take ANY show ANY direction 30 miles from home!!!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

BA - You live on the east coast and in NYC, you can see him and the band all the time. West Coast is a bit different. I'm not traveling to LA or north to Seattle. There are no shows anywhere close other than those two destinations, really. I've been to Reno a few times to see EC and the band, but it's such an undesirable place to hang, it's not funny. Whatever, man. I'll take whatever show I can get locally in the end, I guess. (SF Giants - World Series Champions! Sorry had to throw that in.) (peace)
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Oh and PS - both of EC's shows in Sept. where 50 miles north and south of SF. Brutal.
PSS - I don't even like to travel to Oakland or Berkeley for shows. Sad but true!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Goon Squad wrote:Personally, for all the brilliance of this year's solo gigs, I'd like to see the Imposters back to add a bit of guts and life to the shows. It might even get some people off their bl***y seats ! :wink:
I agree but I've seen Elvis play solo plenty of times and been able to get the crowd up off their seats.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
FrankieJ

Post by FrankieJ »

His Dance Card page on his official website just has a little calendar square with "Jan 2015" on it and it's blank apart from "..........." or whatever. I don't know whether this means shows are going to be announced for then or whether they just do that as standard because 2014's touring is now finished.

I also heard him mentioning at RAH about coming back early next year, so I hope he meant it. If he didn't he wouldn't have been so precise and said something more like "See you soon!" Something must be in the pipeline. EXCITEMENT! :D
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
Goon Squad wrote:Personally, for all the brilliance of this year's solo gigs, I'd like to see the Imposters back to add a bit of guts and life to the shows. It might even get some people off their bl***y seats ! :wink:
I agree but I've seen Elvis play solo plenty of times and been able to get the crowd up off their seats.

...........if they are allowed to ! :wink: