Bob Dylan: MusiCares Person of the Year for 2015

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Bob Dylan: MusiCares Person of the Year for 2015

Post by sweetest punch »

Will Elvis or "The New Basement Tapes" be part of this event? http://fdrmx.com/beck-norah-jones-tribute-bob-dylan/

Beck, Norah Jones, Others Tribute Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan has been named MusiCares Person of the Year for 2015 by the Recording Academy. Two days before the Grammy Awards on February 6th, the legendary singer-songwriter will be honored at a special ceremony. 2015 marks the 25th anniversary of the MusiCares Person of the Year tribute. President and CEO of the MusiCares Foundation and The Recording Academy, Neil Portnow said in a statement, “In celebrating the 25th anniversary of our MusiCares Person of the Year tribute, it is most fitting that we are honoring Bob Dylan, whose body of creative work has contributed to America’s culture, as well as that of the entire world, in genuinely deep and lasting ways.”

More than a dozen artists will pay tribute to Dylan at the special ceremony, including Beck, Norah Jones, Willie Nelson, Jack White, Bonnie Raitt, Crosby Stills and Nash, Tom Jones, Black Keys, Eddie Vedder, John Doe, Los Lobos, Neil Young, John Mellencamp, and more, yet to be announced. Some of the artists participating have received the award themselves, namely, Neil Young. Over the past ten years, artists such as Paul McCartney, Barbra Streisand, Aretha Franklin, Brian Wilson, Sting, Neil Diamond, Don Henley, Bruce Springsteen, and James Taylor have been given the award. This past year, Carole King was the recipient of the award. Bill Silva, Chair of the MusiCares Foundation Board, said of the Foundation’s choice of recipient this year, “Bob Dylan’s songwriting ability is unmatched, and it will be an extraordinary evening to hear his work showcased by such a remarkable group of artists.”

Leading up to the MusiCares event, Dylan will be touring the continental U.S. which will mark the first time he has toured stateside since last summer’s AmericanaramA tour. His 2014 fall tour has thirty-one dates scheduled. On November 18th, Dylan’s cover of The Beatles’ “Things We Said Today” will be released on the Paul McCartney tribute album entitled The Art of McCartney. Beyond even that, Dylan, in collaboration with The Band, is releasing on November 4th The Basement Tapes Complete: The Bootleg Series Vol. II, a collection of 138 tracks that he and The Band recorded in 1967. On November 11th a collection of lyrics he wrote without music during the same recording session, entitled Lost on the River: The New Basement Tapes, will be released. Among the artists who provided music for the lyrics are Marcus Mumford, Johnny Depp, Jim James of My Morning Jacket, and Elvis Costello. The MusiCares Foundation provides musicians and music-industry people assistance in times of need, be it financial aid, medical help, or a more personal need.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.