Steve Nieve Plays Elvis Costello with special guest Tall Uly

Pretty self-explanatory
Eugene

Steve Nieve Plays Elvis Costello with special guest Tall Uly

Post by Eugene »

bronxapostle

Re: Steve Nieve Plays Elvis Costello with special guest Tall

Post by bronxapostle »

i like this date for Steve in NYC as NO ONE will have the hope of seeing EC there as he is in Europe by then. 8) 8)
brilliantmistake

Post by brilliantmistake »

I just ordered a ticket. Decent price on this show and it's on a Friday so I pulled the trigger. Should be a pretty. Lots of great seats still available. I got a seat at a table right in the front. I see that JackShit is playing there next month but it is sold out. Too bad, that would of been cool.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://tickets.worldcafelive.com/event/ ... source=tw1

STEVE NIEVE PLAYS ELVIS COSTELLO WITH SPECIAL GUEST TALL ULYSSE
Thursday, October 2, 2014
Doors: 8:00 pm / Show: 8:30 pm
World Cafe Live Philadelphia - Upstairs
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Looks like he is playing a few City Winery shows. Has anyone tried purchasing tickets through the city winery site? It's all f'd up It seems. I tried to buy 2 for the Napa show and the process - selecting tickets and dropping them into your cart is messed up. When trying to re-select the same seats and purchase, the seats are not longer available. Weirdness. Tested it with a Chrome browser and a Safari Browser and was able to replicate the problem. Bogus. I want to test another browser, Firefox - but damn, I just want to buy tickets!

Support this guy! Go to his shows! (That is all).
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

me, brotherapostle and doc are going to NYC 10-3....and my friend TALL is going to come out and say HELLO!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Yes! Nice BA.

Just tried to order tickets from my iPhone and went through the "create an account" process and it totally loaded an empty page. Nice. Where is the guest only access? Take my money, Please! Brutal process. Again, Safari browser on an iPhone - this time.

I am not a total Idiot, but I have limited attention span and time for broken processes. Seems like a buggy setup as far as I can see. If anyone else wants to test out the purchasing process, let me know if you have success. I guess an IE or Firefox browser may work? WTF. I'm banned from buying tickets!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Steve announces a small US tour: http://www.glidemagazine.com/123712/ste ... solo-tour/

Steve Nieve Reinterpreting Elvis Costello on Solo Tour

Steve Nieve, renowned for his keyboard work with Elvis Costello and the Attractions, is bringing a special night of music to the US for an exclusive seven city tour. Steve Nieve Plays Elvis Costello: Piano Solo Reinterpretations of Elvis’ Best Songs with Special Guest, Tall Ulysse”

The mini-tour will begin in Los Angeles on September 22, and weave its way through seven cities: LA, as mentioned, Portland, Napa Valley, Nashville, Chicago, Philadelphia and ending in NYC, on October 3rd, 2014 at City Winery.

The show will consist of an evening of piano music accompanied by singer, Tall Ulysse. Although they had, the same line up in the past it’s the first time they will be playing a repertoire of another artist in a very interesting “exercice de style.”

“I am working to record piano solos of music by artists I love, Brian Eno, Robert Wyatt, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Costello and Elvis Presley, Neil Young, Lou Reed. Sometimes, when playing their songs, I adhere strictly to their melodies and other times their music is like a launch pad.

“I have been playing with Elvis for many years, with the Attractions, with the Imposters, with Burt Bacharach with Alan Toussaint, so many projects together, it feels natural to me to begin this series with E.C.” said Steve.

Elvis Costello says, “After playing 34 years with me it was almost predictable this could happen, however it’s a surprise to discover these tunes revisited by my friend, never too close to the ‘model’ and never so far from the spirit.”

Tall Ulysse, the singer who is accompanying him on this tour is Parisian composer and lead vocalist. “We have many musical ‘surprises’ for these shows. It promises to be fun, new, and musically interesting For me, it is an honor to be singing the words of such a lyrical master.”

Steve currently records and performs with the Steve Nieve Band, along with Francois Poggio on guitar and Tall Ulysse on vocals and drums. Projects in the works include “The Idiot Boy,” a chamber orchestral setting of William Wordsworth’s masterpiece, “The Table”, a second Téodori / Nieve opera, and a flute concerto for Flute and String Orchestra composed for Andrea Grimminelli.

TOUR DATES INCLUDE:

22 September Los Angeles, CA Largo
23 September Portland, OR Mississippi Studio,
24 September Napa Valley, CA City Winery
27 September Nashville, TN City Winery
30 September Chicago, IL City Winery
2 October Philadelphia, PA World Live Cafe
3 October New York City, NY City Winery

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-2 ... the_b.html

Elvis Has Left the Building

Perpetual sideman Steve Nieve steps uneasily into the spotlight.

“What’s a groupie?”
That question, innocently posed by young, classically trained, rock-crazed keyboardist Steve Nason in the presence of famously profane pub-rocker Ian Dury in 1977, prompted an amused Dury to christen him “Steve Naive,” a name which, slightly altered, has stuck ever since. Thirty-seven years later, Steve Nieve has traversed the globe, accompanied legends and, one presumes, become better versed in the “groupie” concept, yet he retains a guileless sincerity in conversation.

“It’s odd, talking about oneself,” he says by phone from L.A.’s legendary rocker haven the Chateau Marmont, the afternoon before a recent Hollywood Bowl appearance with the L.A. Philharmonic and the man Nieve has backed for most of his career, Elvis Costello. “I haven’t done it much. I’m much more comfortable talking about other people.”

He’s not just talking about himself these days: He’s playing by himself, too, in a show dubbed “Steve Nieve Plays Elvis Costello.” Nieve, 56, has been Costello’s most constant collaborator, in legendary backing band the Attractions and its current incarnation, the Imposters. A Stravinsky-loving student at London’s Royal College of Music in 1977 with “an obsession” to play in a rock band, the former Nason answered an ad for what he was told was a backing band for an Elvis Presley impersonator—a ploy to limit the number of respondents. “But as I knew all of Elvis Presley’s songs,” he says, “I didn’t think it would be a problem.” Instead, “in a darkly lit rehearsal room,” he met the bespectacled, acerbic, hyperliterate other Elvis. “It was about a week later,” he recalls, “that I discovered my parents in tears, because they’d received the call that I was now an Attraction.”

Nieve established himself as a proficient, imaginative player, often the essential melodic element accompanying Costello’s voice and guitar and the supple rhythm section. His adventurous excursions on the Vox Continental, Farfisa and other keyboards helped define Costello’s early sound. But Nieve really shone on the band’s sixth album, 1982’s expansive Imperial Bedroom, which featured complex, precise arrangements developed in unusually extensive rehearsals. “The songs that Elvis wrote for that album were particularly melodic,” he says, “very compatible with my way of playing.”

In 1986, Costello made his first Attractions-less album since his debut, the countrified King of America (though the band did appear on one track). One more album with the group was followed by an extended period of Costello experimenting with other musicians. It afforded Nieve the opportunity to explore other avenues, scoring films and commercials and leading the band for British chat-show host Jonathan Ross’ programs, shifting between styles to faithfully back such guests as Paul McCartney, James Brown and Morrissey. While Costello later reassembled the Attractions (eventually swapping bassists to form the Imposters), Nieve still smarts at missing out on some Costello projects like the recent Wise Up Ghost, cut with the Roots. “I’d have loved to be involved with that,” he says. “There’s regret that that didn’t happen.”

But Nieve has found time for his own projects, such as staging and recording the opera Welcome to the Voice—composed with his romantic partner, French psychologist and filmmaker Muriel Teodori—and releasing solo albums such as last year’s guest-laden ToGetHer.

And now he visits Portland, one of only seven stops on his U.S. tour, to explore some familiar music afresh, for once taking center stage—and, occasionally, the mic.

“Working with such a master of vocals [as Costello, singing] is daunting, but I’ve discovered singers that have given me more confidence,” he says, citing Brian Eno and Robert Wyatt as examples. “There’s a form of singing that is much more gentle, not in a traditional ‘I’m-a-singer’ manner. There’s something very beautiful about that. And it’s very hard to do, actually. It has to be very controlled. It’s a pure kind of singing, and it gives me hope.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEE IT: Steve Nieve plays Mississippi Studios, 3939 N Mississippi Ave., with Bill Wadhams of Animotion, on Tuesday, Sept. 23. 8 pm. $17 advance, $20 day of show. 21+.

Top Five Favorite Elvis Costello Songs to Play Solo, by Steve Nieve

“(I Don’t Want to Go To) Chelsea” (This Year’s Model, 1978)
Elvis writes killer rhythmic tunes. The Attractions arranged this into a beating stomper that always whips up the crowd. Now I found a new key and a new riff to play this song on the piano, like Terry Riley went to Mali.

"Shipbuilding” (Punch the Clock, 1983)
Great song, great tune composed by Clive Langer. They wrote it for my friend Robert Wyatt. I love playing this tune. It is a symphony of emotion: “Diving for dear life when we could be diving for pearls.” A tune that always brings forth a new surprise. Timeless.

“Birds Will Still Be Singing” (The Juliet Letters, 1993)
Although this has such killer unusual melodic moments, super-classical and intricate, it also contains a passage or two of sublime simplicity that lends itself to a contemplative jazz mood. That makes a wonderful piano solo.

“God Give Me Strength” (Painted From Memory, 1998)
It has such an extraordinary melodic range and, again, contemplative jazz harmony. A Burt Bacharach collaboration for sure, but it sounds like pure Elvis to me.

“When It Sings” (North, 2003)
Elvis collaborated with me on a project called Welcome to the Voice [an opera written by Muriel Teodori], and it seems Muriel’s subject interested him loads—look at all the songs about the “voice” he has composed since then. They all have one thing in common: unusual melodies and harmonies that make beautiful piano pieces.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/niev ... tello.html

Steve Nieve goes at it alone for Los Angeles show

Elvis Costello’s longtime keyboardist performs solo piano versions of his frontman’s songs.

As the keyboard player in Elvis Costello & the Attractions, Steve Nieve is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, though casual fans might be hard-pressed to recognize him without Costello, his bespectacled friend and frontman, in the same photo.

And that’s just fine with Nieve, who admits to being never fully comfortable in the spotlight, whether that be the nearly four decades he’s shared the stage with Costello – first with the Attractions, now with the Imposters – or even for solo projects such as his 2013 album “ToGetHer,” or “Welcome To The Voice,” the opera he wrote with his life partner Muriel Teodori.

Now though, Nieve is leaving the wings for center stage on a limited U.S. tour that starts at Largo in Los Angeles on Sept. 22 and features Nieve’s solo piano interpretations of Costello’s songs.

“At home I’m always playing the piano when I’ve got a moment to spare,” said Nieve by phone from Australia, where he was touring with the same show last week. “And my partner, Muriel, said to me, ‘You should make a series of albums of other artists’ music,’ because I’m always sitting there playing other artists’ songs.

“So I told her this was an excellent idea she had, and I felt that the best starting point would be with my friend Elvis Costello because I’ve been playing his music the longest time.”

Familiarity encouraged Nieve that a debut album of piano versions based on Costello would be easier to make than some other other artists on his list, artists such as Brian Eno, Neil Young and the other Elvis, Mr. Presley.

“It turned out to be quite difficult, because he’s written so many songs,” Nieve said. “I think he’s written 500-plus songs, and there’s so many different areas of his work that to look at it. It’s going to be difficult to imagine what the final album could be.”

Instead of making a record and then touring behind it, Nieve decided to flip that normal order on its head and hit the road and the clubs to try out different tunes from Costello’s vast catalog.

“I’ve been recording the shows that I’m doing,” he said. “I’ve been recording in different places when I’ve got time, in different studios and on different pianos.”

The stripped-down approach to these songs isn’t entirely new. In 1996, Costello and Nieve played a short U.S. tour as a duo. This time, though, Nieve will be mostly unaccompanied by a vocalist. (Tall Ulysse, a French singer with whom the Parisian resident Nieve has worked in the past is along to sing a few Costello songs, and Nieve says other guests may turn up here and there.)

“This way, the piano solo way, is even more minimalistic,” Nieve said. “Some of the songs I stick to quite religiously, what the composition was; they’re very fine compositions and don’t require many changes.

“But other songs, I start to play them and it’s like a diving board I can get launched off,” he says. “They’re different each night when I play them. And so I’m rehearsing and I’m learning, but I’m also open to just taking the emotion of the song and allowing it lead me somewhere, and I think that’s the beauty of this.”

On his Facebook and SoundCloud pages Nieve has posted snippets of arrangements he’s recorded so far, versions of songs such as “Accidents Will Happen,” “All Grown Up” and “I Want To Vanish,” versions that reflect the classical training Nieve left behind when he dropped out of the Royal College of Music to join the Attractions at the age of 19.

On tour, he’s mixing it up depending on the night, the crowd and the mood.

“We did the Spinning Songbook tour where we have no idea what song might be coming up,” Nieve said of one occasional way in which Costello has presented his own music. “I’m not going that far. I’ve got a whole list of things I can play, which is too many for a set.

“But the ones that I like to play regularly would include things like something from ‘The Juliet Letters,’ which is obviously not a piano album, but I’ve worked to arrange one of the songs from the album. And I try to play something from the Burt Bacharach collaboration (“Painted From Memory”) that Elvis did because to me that’s one of the albums where the songs really sound great on the piano.

“What else? Another song that comes up regularly is ‘Veronica,’ which again is a song that I didn’t actually work on on the album.”

Nieve, 56, and Costello, 60, have been musical collaborators for most of their adult lives now, and the twist of fate that brought them together, a simple audition notice in the back pages of an English music magazine, isn’t lost on Nieve.

“I sometimes wonder what I might have done if I done that, if I hadn’t dialed the number on the end of that advert,” he said. “But I’m really glad I did, and I’m sure the adventure will continue.”
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Not half as glad as we are that you answered that ad , Steve- and if you're reading this , see you in Stuttgart ! :shock:
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-at-ni ... -costello/

Q&A Interview With Steve Nieve

(Concert Preview: Steve Nieve Plays Elvis Costello - Tuesday, September 30 at City Winery, Chicago )

By Jim Ryan, Sept 29 '14

Gearing up for a show Tuesday night at City Winery in which he'll reinterpret the music of Elvis Costello solo on the piano, I spoke with longtime Attractions member and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, Steve Nieve about the unique sound of his playing on the vox organ and what exactly it is that has allowed the music he's created with Elvis Costello to remain so relevant after nearly forty years...
"Stiff Records require keyboard player for rocking pop combo."

Those are the approximate words of the ad that Steve Nieve legendarily responded to in 1977 which led to his eventual hiring as a member of The Attractions, forging, in the process, a musical bond with songwriter Elvis Costello that would span the course of most of the next thirty-seven years, exploring a diverse range of musical sounds en route to a career that would ultimately land him in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Collaborating with Costello as a member of backing bands The Attractions, as well as The Imposters, Nieve has also worked with the tunesmith on orchestral pieces, albums featuring both Allen Touissaint and Burt Bacharach and much more, lending a key, underrated sound to Costello's vaunted pop canon along the way.

Headed to town Tuesday night for a set that will see him reinterpret the familiar territory of his past work alongside Costello, Nieve, in his inimitable fashion, manages to forge ahead even while looking back on material that's nearly forty years old.

What follows is our conversation which examines the thought process behind his current tour and delves into the deep bond Nieve has forged working with Costello since 1977...

Q. This is a short run of dates that stops in only seven cities… Is there a reason for you that warrants Chicago being amongst them?

Steve Nieve: Well, it’s a town that I love and I’m very happy to do this short run.

It’s a project that was an idea of my partner Muriel Teodori. We’ve worked together on several projects which started with Welcome to the Voice. The last album that I made was called Together which was some songs that I composed to record as duets with various artists that I’ve encountered along my musical route. This new project is the idea to revisit music by an artist that I love just on the solo piano. Eventually, there will be several volumes of this piano music. I’d like to get to people like Brian Eno, Neil Young and David Bowie. And I thought the best place to start would be with Elvis Costello because I’ve been playing with him since I was a young lad and I know his music intimately.

Q. So on this tour, this is just you solo on the piano?

SN: No. When I worked on the album Together – the duet album – I came across a young artist called Tall Ulysse. He’s a young singer but he loves Elvis’s music. So I’ve invited him to join me toward the end of the set to interpret some of Elvis’s songs as the climax of the show.

[Fans] will hear the songs in a slightly different light. I think that just playing them on the piano reveals something about the music itself and the words that are inside those songs come into your head as you’re listening.

Q. In 2013, you kind of got out in front releasing your album Together and touring for that, but by and large the work you’re most well known for amongst casual fans is that in which you’re accompanying other artists. What’s it like for you being quite a bit more out front in the type of touring environment that this tour finds you in?

SN: Well, I think it’s one of the challenges of this project: it gives me the opportunity to tell a few personal stories - which I’m looking forward to doing actually. So the structure of the show will be mainly music but I will be telling a few personal anecdotes. And I think that’s a part of the show that I’m very much looking forward to.

Q. Especially when it comes to your work with Elvis Costello, I think one of the the most identifiable parts of your sound and your collaborations together – especially on the early hits - is that of your playing of the Vox organ. On this tour, will you be performing at all on that particular instrument?

SN: That is a subject that I will be mentioning in my short stories that I will be telling. But I’ve decided to keep to the piano on this tour. So it will be strictly piano: no electronic jiggery, pokery. That’s quite good because that brings some of the songs into a slightly different focus.

I’ve posted a few soundbytes onto my SoundCloud page. You can hear a few things on there. There’s several soundbytes and I think there’s two or three complete tracks on there of the solo piano versions.

Q. One of the elements of your work I’ve most enjoyed when watching you perform live is the fact that - and this is especially true of your work with Elvis Costello - is that kind of like Bob Dylan never sings a song the same way twice, you really seem to put your own unique spin on a given song through your playing no matter how many times a particular song is performed. Is that something that lends itself well to a tour like this where you’re kind of reinterpreting these songs that you worked on with Elvis… without Elvis?

SN: Yeah, I think so. Because for the most part, I’m not accompanying someone and I can sort of go where I want to go. Sometimes, I’ve found that I will follow the song as it’s “supposed” to go and other times it will just provide a sort of springboard for me and I will launch off into something that I didn’t expect. And I’ve tried to keep the spirit of the concert like that. So I don’t think I will vary the setlist once I’ve kind of “got it,” but I [also] don’t think [the show] will be the same every night.

Q. With the exception of only a short period of time, you’ve worked with Elvis on almost everything as a member of the Attractions, with the Imposters, on the Allen Touissaint album, the Burt Bacharach album, touring as a duo, etc. Can you describe the musical bond that's developed over all these years between the two of you?

SN: I think it’s been a wonderful musical adventure that I’ve been fortunate enough to accompany Elvis on through all of his sort of searchings and presentations and collaborations. Each one of them has given me great pleasure and delight and new information about music and stuff.

So it’s been great… and it still continues. Right at the moment we’re about to play two concerts at the Hollywood Bowl with the Los Angeles Symphony Orchestra. And, again, it’s songs that we know but they’re going to be different than they have been in the past.

Q. You guys have explored so many different sounds together – punk, pop, soul, orchestral etc. Is it important to your continued growth as an artist to continually try and explore new sounds and musical territory?

SN: I think so. I think, even within the bands that we find ourselves in, we’re always constantly looking at what we’re doing and finding ways to do it better. I don’t think we change things around just to change them but we’re also constantly discovering new music and hearing new things and it’s a constant… Music is a living thing, you know? It’s like that I think.

Q. Do you have a favorite moment working with Elvis, whether it be a moment onstage or something musically you’ve created together?

SN: Well, one of the moments that I really enjoyed was when we did Welcome to the Voice and we put it onstage at Théâtre du Châtelet in Paris… Just because it was such a mammoth undertaking. My partner Muriel directed it on the stage. We did six performances and we had Sting, Elvis and various great opera singers [like] Sylvia Schwartz. And it was people coming from different worlds of music and working on something together, all with their different experiences. And it was wonderful. We had orchestral musicians, choirs… that was great.

And the other thing I like is when we do small things. We did a tour with Elvis – just the two of us, a duo tour. I really enjoyed working in that, sort of, stripped down way.

This project that I’m doing now, I’m totally alone for the first part of it. I’m going to Australia to do it and am doing some shows there just completely by myself. And then when I get back to the States, Tall [Ulysse] is going to be joining me. So that’ll be a good experience I think.

Q. Is there anyone out there that you’ve never had the chance to work with that you’d still like to collaborate with?

SN: Yeah, there are several people. Some of them are no longer with us unfortunately. But of people that are… that’s a difficult question. I have worked with, and gotten to know very well, Annie Clark of St. Vincent. Recently she did a tour with David Byrne. And I’ve never been in a project with David Byrne but that’s a person that I find very interesting and I’d love to work with him one day.

Q. As quite possibly his closest collaborator over all of these years, in your opinion, what is it about Elvis Costello's song catalog that stands the test of time the way it does?

SN: Well, his songs have got several great qualities. One of them is that he’s a great a melodist. I mean, he composes some wonderful melodies that are sometimes very ambitious in terms of, I should think they are quite difficult to sing, some of them. And they all seem to take you to unexpected places.

And I would say that maybe it’s the same with his lyrics. They’re not the sort of lyrics that you can have one understanding of: different people will see different things in them. The same lyrics that, for me... you might find several different layers of meaning inside [that] lyric.

So I would say that there’s a mystery to him and his work that is also extremely interesting. All those qualities are what makes him and his songs eternal, you know?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

City Winery NYC now has Elysian Fields on the bill as well....or they were this morning at least!!!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Apparently one of Steve's stories is about a solo show he did in the 1980s. Here's an account form ECIS Feb. 1989 of the Jan. '89 shows -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0015064/

The Last Laugh (1924)
"Der letzte Mann" (original title)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

psyched for the show tonight. i took last evening to transfer 8-18-1999 Knitting Factory to cd. audio checking it today before burning multiple copies later. one for Steve, one for Tall, one for brotherapostle and one for DOC to upload at dime. is it my good memory that Steve was indeed the archivist/sharer of soundboard/audience recordings in the old days??? he will NOT be offended to receive my unauthorized fifteen year old brilliant analog capture, right? oh, and it sounds GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Slightly off topic...we were in City Winery NY last night for Shelby Lynne. That's all. :roll:
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

A very enjoyable show. We spoke with Steve afterwards and he was incredibly nice.

Setlist:
01 intro
02 Muriel On Main Beach
03 Shipbuilding
04 The Birds Will Still Be Singing
05 Accidents Will Happen
06 story 1 - Steve talks about auditioning for Elvis Costello
07 Veronica
08 Alison
09 Country Darkness - with Tall Ulysse
10 Oliver's Army - with Tall Ulysse
11 story 2 - Steve talks about playing Steinway pianos with snippets from:

Goldberg Variations
Life On Mars
She
Are You Lonesome Tonight?
Big Chief

12 Everyday I Write the Book - with Leslie Mendelson
13 The Loved Ones
14 Revolution - with Tall Ulysse
15 Confident Again
16 Chemistry Class - with Elysian Fields
17 New Amsterdam/You've Got to Hide Your Love Away - with Elysian Fields
18 You Lie Sweetly - with Tall Ulysse
19 Passionate Fight - with Tall Ulysse
20 Amy's Adirondack In Sagaponack
21 (I Don't Want to Go To) Chelsea
22 Green Shirt
23 Beyond Belief - with Elysian Fields

Encore:
24 (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding? - with Tall Ulysse, Leslie Mendelson, and Elysian Fields

Complete video here:

Audio will be uploaded soon.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

FANTASTIC WORK DOC! THANKS....and you didnt even need me to help you with the setlist! ah, the wonders of the internet. how did you get "GOLDBERG VARIATIONS"??? i didnt know that one. my temperamental newest SONY got funny again, with an odd tape fluctuation on playback 10-15 minutes into the show, but then the rest seems fine for analog lovers. however, i bet we do better with doc's audio anyway in this case. anybody good at changing the belts inside my little SONY friend????
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:FANTASTIC WORK DOC! THANKS....and you didnt even need me to help you with the setlist! ah, the wonders of the internet. how did you get "GOLDBERG VARIATIONS"???
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steve-nie ... f52d7.html
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

haha..true confessions, huh doc? this uploader here must be the dude that beat me to getting it off the stage! :twisted:
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:haha..true confessions, huh doc? this uploader here must be the dude that beat me to getting it off the stage! :twisted:
This guy goes to an incredible number of shows:

http://www.setlist.fm/concerts/CharlesD

Attended Concerts
CharlesD attended 917 concerts of 216 different artists.

(in 3 years)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

docinwestchester wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:haha..true confessions, huh doc? this uploader here must be the dude that beat me to getting it off the stage! :twisted:
This guy goes to an incredible number of shows:

http://www.setlist.fm/concerts/CharlesD

Attended Concerts
CharlesD attended 917 concerts of 216 different artists.

(in 3 years)

yeah, but he is the kind of guy responsible for inaccurate setlists there at fm as he just goes out of his way to grab stage paper set list and posts as if performed that way! and believe me...as a LONG TIME (40 year!!!) setlist keeper, even my PRE-SONY days....there are MANY WRONG setlists posted there thanks to this type of setlist poster.

& John Foyle...please feel free to post ANY of my photos (actually brotherapostles efforts) from fbook here...you know i still NEVER learned to post pics here!! :twisted:
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

& John Foyle...please feel free to post ANY of my photos (actually brotherapostles efforts) from fbook here...you know i still NEVER learned to post pics here!!

two great songwriters talking shop! LOL srsly...me telling Steve to keep writing!