bronxapostle

Re: Elvis taking questions on Twitter, June 5 '14

Post by bronxapostle »

migdd wrote:Don't get us started. 8)
right??? we might NEVER stop!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Elvis - are you prepared to admit that you or your people look at this site. There have been many occasions where songs are suggested that turn up in the set soon after.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
verbal gymnastics

Ps - this would need to be edited into 140 characters :lol:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Why Manchester and not Liverpool in upcoming UK tour?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

that's a good one VG (am i the one who egged him on 200 different this past November?) :lol: :lol:

make them goodies folks...here's mine:

#AskElvisNYC as 2 of most prolific writers/varied LIVE performers, have you & BRUCE ever thought to write/record/tour 2gether
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

I have asked him if he is free for the get together Saturday.
verbal gymnastics

:lol:

His people are checking his availability as we speak.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

This'll be at 11 UK/Ireland time, right? Way past my bed time but I'll make an exception, I suppose.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Ongoing -

MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I liked EC's response to BA's post about a double-LP - "Someone will steal it..." Bummer, BA.. Maybe you should leave that Sony at home?

I tweeted, but was ignored. Possibly because my tweets were not so serious and I was bored to death with all of it. Twitter is lame. I just can't get into it. Nice way to promote the upcoming show, I guess. I liked the young girl who posted that she and her professor bonded over EC"s music... Yeah, I'm sure you did.. If it's a dude professor, he is working his way south of the waistline, no doubt. Or wait, I guess it could be gal on gal, too... whatever.. I'm out!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

my guilty conscience thought similarly for a moment mojo but i realized he was just speaking of his disgust with people acquiring the music for free upon the internet one way or another. i don't think he minds the simple 'shared for free' bootlegs. in fact, i bet he enjoys them.

benjamin agostino ‏@bronxapostle 1h
#AskElvisNYC @ElvisCostello are you thinking like i'm thinking: ELVIS LIVE AT CARNEGIE HALL double LP?
Expand Reply Delete Favorite More
Live Nation NYC ‏@LiveNationNYC 1h
We would we bother? Someone will steal it @bronxapostle @ElvisCostello
Expand Reply Retweet Favorited More
Chris Wright ‏@PLUChris 1h
@LiveNationNYC @bronxapostle @ElvisCostello There's a lot of people that would jump at it!

if anyone is better at posting from twitter proper rather than my "cut and paste" method, please!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I don't get the difference between a bootleg and a bootleg music file posted on the Internet. Anyone can download it for free right? Make no sense. Stolen goods if you ask me.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

I rather like the idea, raised by this Q&A, of Costello rerecording the entire "Thriller" album, perhaps with The Roots backing him and Chopsticks Madel at the desk.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

MOJO wrote:I don't get the difference between a bootleg and a bootleg music file posted on the Internet. Anyone can download it for free right? Make no sense. Stolen goods if you ask me.

errr, you don't understand that they do not like RELEASED music being acquired for free??? :shock:
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Ah, yeah, that I get. That's the FBI warning on every piece of content commercially produced. But, if you suggested EC release a double LP of the Carngie Hall shows and then you show up with a recorder, tape it, transfer it to bits, and upload that to the web, how is that not stealing? So much for the LP and profits from it when someone is recording it illegally. Also, isn't there a notice upon walking into venues that there should be no recording devices in the hall?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

my very simple recording is nothing but a souvenir. no REAL fan would pass up on officially released live recordings IF available! and PLEASE do not make it seem as if you do not do bootlegs. i have a hazy memory of you wanting me to mail you all i had of mine on the house, yet YOU wanting to get money from ME for some ZAPPA boots. :twisted: i have had enough of you and your oft times antagonistic posts. bye.
MOJO

Re: Elvis taking questions on Twitter, June 5 '

Post by MOJO »

BA - no hard feelings here. I love your passion. Here is my last comment: people still listen to AM/FM radio and they are happy. No big deal, my friend. Do as you wish. I'm an idiot and quite lazy, so let's leave it at that. As for that Zappa trade, how many years ago was that? I've changed my ways since then. My mother gave me heat about the legality of downloading free stuff, etc. This was many years ago as my mother will be 85 this year. When I get heat from my mother, I listen. Sorry. I don't download free stuff anymore. I am happy to buy that EC double LP. Peace.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

no hard feelings here either...just wish you would stop being negative and down on life most times. :lol: PEACE TO YOU TOO!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Doesn't EC have a comment from way back along the lines of live bootlegs can be fun but studio boots are the work of bandits and thieves. ( or something akin to that ) ? I always felt he thought that the highly amateur recordings that BA and I amongst others make is nothing like as inflammatory as finding someone you've worked with in the studio (or a friend of a friend....) has pre-emptied the release of some seriously hard work and maybe jeopardised the whole album making process. Kojak Variety would have been a prime example of the latter
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

There you go BA!

DeathWearsABigHat

Post by DeathWearsABigHat »

Missed the Twitter thing. What else did he say? Any new recordings in the pipeline?
"trust the wizards, here we go" http://www.trustthewizards.com
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Here it is in relatively readable form: http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... r_Takeover
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks for your effort here once again ANCT! nice to see it compiled like this. we all appreciate your work always.