The Girl in the Other Room - The play

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

The Girl in the Other Room - The play

Post by sweetest punch »

The album "The Girl in the Other Room" was the inspiration of a play written by Sarah Jo Willey. The music is written by Carol Ann Jones.
http://www.sarahjowilley.com/p/girl-in-other-room.html

About the show: Where do you go when you dream? What if you had a chance to make peace with your regrets? Follow Alora on a journey of self-discovery as she's given a unique opportunity to reconcile her relationship with her Mom--a determined single mother who gave up everything for her daughter before losing her battle with Alzheimer's Disease.

From Sarah Jo: I was inspired to start writing Girl in the Room during the summer of 2012 while listening to one of my favorite albums of all time, The Girl in the Other Room, by Diana Krall. The script was completed in January (2013). Peter Garrow and I directed it for the first time April 5 & 6, 2013 at the Opera House at Enosburg Falls.

We are thrilled to be putting together our second tour. The cast is incredible and we continue to be in awe of the chemistry on and off stage. We know you were and will will be touched by their performances. We're posting videos regularly on YouTube featuring the actors...thank you for checking them out and spreading the word! Our 2014 trailer & update actor videos go live by 3/31/14!
--------------

I'm thrilled to announce that Girl in the Other Room is back! A three show tour kicks off on April 19th. We'll start in Burlington, move on to Stowe on April 26th, and wrap up on May 3rd in St. Albans. Details and online box office goes live next week. Check back and mark your calendars! Follow us on Facebook for daily updates, photos, and sneak peeks into rehearsals. Girl in the Other Room features the music of Carol Ann Jones who joins a cast that includes Wendy Maquera, Rebecca Ann Bennett, Sarah Mitiguy, Britain Paquette, Robert Willey, Anthony Modugno, and Rose Newton.
Although "Girl in the Other Room" is not specifically about Alzheimer's...the central conflict with the main character, Alora, stems from her decision to put her mother, who is suffering from Alzheimer's in a nursing home so that Alora can make an important career move. I am over the moon about the synergy that is coming out of this endeavor.

If you've never encountered Alzheimer's Disease or dementia in your own family I bet you know someone who has! It is a devastating disease. Our goal is spark conversations, create awareness, connect people to resources, and break down social barriers...while supporting the Vermont Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association; an organization that is committed to "eliminate Alzheimer's Disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health."
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.