2014 Wednesday Oct 29th LONDON, ENGLAND, Royal Albert Hall

Pretty self-explanatory
krm

2014 Wednesday Oct 29th LONDON, ENGLAND, Royal Albert Hall

Post by krm »

just added to the official site

Presale starts 4th APril according to http://www.elviscostello.com
Last edited by krm on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
bronxapostle

Re: 2014 Wednesday 29th LONDON, ENGLAND, Royal Albert Hall

Post by bronxapostle »

cool..remember, you are ALL on ticket stub patrol for ba's collection! hope everyone is as kind to me as KRM and SULKY have been over the years this time around. call it a "thank you" for my brilliant analog recordings! :lol: :lol: :lol:
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

The title of this thread does not include a month. It's October, right?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Yes, it's October 29. Elvis is sharing the bill with Georgie Fame & The Blue Flames. Will we finally get the "That's What Friends Are For" duet we've been waiting for?

The Telegraph has this quote from Elvis: "I've waited a long, long time to share a bill with Georgie Fame. There is no better address to do it than Albert's Royal Hall. Fame at last!"

http://www.bluesfest.co.uk/
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Whoopee looks like a tour straight after my birthday so I know what prezzies I'll want this year too :wink:
Really looking forward to seeing Georgie Fame - he used to get muddled in my pre- teen mind with Alan Price (until I developed natured musical taste) and I thought his jazz/pop blend sublime ! Of course I'll probably have to have a little mini tour with VG if further dates ensue
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Elvis and Georgie Fame.

Yeh yeh (see what I did there? :lol: )
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
verbal gymnastics

Re: 2014 Wednesday Oct 29th LONDON, ENGLAND, Royal Albert Ha

By the way, The Telegraph article says the show is 28th October but the Bluesfest website shows this as 29th.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Georgie Fame is someone I have always meant to go and see. Kills two birds as they say.

Talking about Alan Price the 'O Lucky Man' soundtrack has some cracking songs on it
HarryWorth

Post by HarryWorth »

Just got Front Row, 15 and 16! Bit pricey though, nearly as much as Kate Bush.
Deportee

Post by Deportee »

Those top prices are taking the pish. No way will I ever pay that. Cheaper to fly up to Edinburgh from Bristol for the Usher Hall gig, than train & ticket for London.
I reckon if EC was to include RAH as part of a tour and not as Blues Fest, the top price would be around £75.00.

They done the same last year - Tedeschi Trucks Band, charged £30 for the SB Empire in 2012. Blues Fest 2013 at RAH was £34-£135 for the same band. The Blues Fest organisers are money-grabbing bastards (although the day-time stroller tickets were good value and did include some surprises - so keep your eyes open for someone with whom there could be a guest appearance - but that's only good if you are retired/not working/on holiday in London in October). The number of BLuesFest artists has certainly scaled down from last year. Would also be better if they actually did have some Blues artists in the line-up!
Partick Thistle - The Greatest Thing
verbal gymnastics

The ticket prices range from £20 to £125!

I'll go but not at the top seat prices.
Deportee

Post by Deportee »

verbal gymnastics wrote:The ticket prices range from £20 to £125!

I'll go but not at the top seat prices.
Best keep to the best you can afford in the "Arena" or "stalls" area. I've bought cheaper tickets for both The Who and Al Green at RAH and although both acts put on great shows, the experience in terms of view and sound wasn't great. Was fine for Clapton and Eels when I bought decent tickets in the stalls areas which are tiered, so you have good sight lines.

Hard to believe it's been 20 years since I last saw him there during the Brutal Youth tour in 94, when Steve played the mighty RAH organ. Standing down the front that night.
verbal gymnastics

Thanks to a delayed start at a meeting and the wonders of the smartphone I've booked Stalls tickets for me and sulky lad at £65 each although booking fees and postage took it to £74.

I think there's a good chance of a mini set with Elvis and Georgie so from that point of view it could be good. I think Elvis might play some different songs given it's a Blues festival.

Not keen on the rip off price though. I love Elvis but unless he's playing a tiny gig I'm not paying over the top prices. I'm reminded about when I paid £70 for the terrible Tower of London show in 2007 with Allen Toussaint. [shudders]
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

70 odd quid :shock: none of the rest of the Sheep family will be coming this time.

VG strangely Mrs Sheep's fav Elvis gig is the Tower of London, But then again I bought the tickets
Deportee

Post by Deportee »

verbal gymnastics wrote: I'm reminded about when I paid £70 for the terrible Tower of London show in 2007 with Allen Toussaint. [shudders]
Worst venue for a concert I've ever been at. More atmosphere on the moon. Would have loved to have seen the same show at somewhere like SBE, as I thought it was a good show from the musicians, it was everything else (sound - probably the only concert where the music was at times drowned out by traffic noise, sightlines from where I was at the back on the temp stand were partially obscured by the covering for those on the lawn) that spoiled it.
verbal gymnastics

The daytime session shows Dr Feelgood playing so there's a possible Elvis sighting.
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

Whilst looking quite interesting it's gonna be a "no" from me on this one I'm afraid.
Although expensive, I would happily pay the price for an Elv gig on his own, but with a shared one you never quite know what ,or how much, you're going to get..........as they say on Dragons' Den...........regrettably I'm out ! :(
johnanderson

Post by johnanderson »

I've just paid the best part of £200 for four tickets in the Gods. I went to my computer several times, put tickets in the basket and then rejected them on the grounds of price. £130 for front stalls is outrageous.

In the end, I opted for the cheap seats, which turned out to be the same price as the expensive seats in Manchester. Mind you, it is selling pretty well 8)
MistakenForLilies

Post by MistakenForLilies »

Goon Squad wrote:Whilst looking quite interesting it's gonna be a "no" from me on this one I'm afraid.
Although expensive, I would happily pay the price for an Elv gig on his own, but with a shared one you never quite know what ,or how much, you're going to get..........as they say on Dragons' Den...........regrettably I'm out ! :(
How exactly does this Bluesfest gig work? Is it really a "shared" gig, even though you can buy tickets specifically for EC? Is it a shorter set than usual, or something?
verbal gymnastics

Good question. I think it'll take the usual format - support act and headliner.

But I'd find it hard to believe that Elvis won't join Georgie in his set and/or vice versa. Also I'm hoping for a mini set with Elvis being backed by Georgie's band. I would also expect some blues songs funnily enough!
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

According to a full page advertisement in the London Evening Standard tonight, highlights of the concert will be broadcast on BBC Radio 2.

MOOT
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

I'm still buzzing after two gigs in two nights, and despite my earlier statement about not going, I'm now hoping to go to this at the RAH. :roll:
However the best tickets still available are row 18 which seems a long way back, so before I go for those I thought I'd just ask if anyone on here has a spare ticket much nearer the front that I could buy off them.( front row would be perfect ! :lol: )
Sorry for the request but if it helps us both out it's a win-win situation ! As my old dad used to say...........if you don't ask you don't get" !
verbal gymnastics

You usually find that tickets come up in the forums nearer the time.

I don't think 18th row back is that bad but it depends at what price they're going for. The front tickets were staggering at £125. I paid enough as it is and I'm not in the arena bit.

I hope this blues fest is better than the apparent reaction he got at the Belgium Bluesfest last night.
FrankieJ

Post by FrankieJ »

Agreed. The ticket prices for this are eye-poppingly high. I wouldn't pay £130 to see a show that probably won't be as long as his other solo shows on tour. I'd just be going to see Elvis. Not interested in anyone else. I'm hoping to get a stalls seat because they're cheaper (still expensive, though) and the ones near the stage are a good view. I'm checking the RAH website on a daily basis.

If anyone does notice any tickets suddenly becoming available anywhere, please post in this thread! :wink:
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Page ad from Evening Standard August 27 '14 - thanks Verbal!