June 2014 solo tour (US midwest and south, plus Toronto)

Pretty self-explanatory
And No Coffee Table

June 2014 solo tour (US midwest and south, plus Toronto)

Post by And No Coffee Table »

http://www.elviscostello.com/news/ten-n ... ne-9th/573

Ten New "Elvis Costello - SOLO" USA Dates Begin June 9th

Elvis Costello has announced ten new "SOLO" tour dates in the mid-west and mid-south U.S.A beginning June 9th, the first time since 1999 (when touring with keyboardist Steve Nieve) that he's headlined the area with such a stripped down setup. For the last several years, Costello has been playing about a month of solo dates in the U.S. a year, region by region. They are some of the most adventurous and lauded performances of his career -- the last run in November 2013 was called “remarkable” (Esquire) and "exhilarating" (American Songwriter) -- and they reflect the musician's astonishing breadth of material.

In Los Angeles in 2012, the OC Register called Costello's solo show "spellbinding" and said that Costello's set list "touched on cornerstone numbers and obscurities of his own, but...also dipped back to pre-Elvis, pre-Beatles, pre-the-other-Elvis and prewar tunes that illustrated his familial roots in the riches of both the Great American Songbook and England’s dance hall and music theater traditions."

In November, 2013, the DCist pointed out that "It’d be tough to name another songwriter who’s produced as much original material over the last 35 years, and it’s impossible to name another who mines his back catalog as equitably onstage. Most artists have only a handful of songs they’ll ever play from any particular album. With Elvis, any tune he’s ever released is fair game." The Washington Post wrote that “Costello showed that real rockers don’t need amplification or sound processors to rock out."

"Elvis Costello - SOLO" June 2014 Tour Dates:

All tickets on-sale Friday, March 28 except as noted

Monday 9th St. Paul, MN - O’Shaughnessy

Tuesday 10th Milwaukee, WI – Riverside Theatre

Wednesday 11th Chicago, IL – Copernicus Center (on-sale April 5th)

Friday 13th Ann Arbor, MI – Michigan Theater

Saturday 14th Toronto, ON – Massey Hall

Monday 16th Cleveland, OH – Palace

Tuesday 17th Louisville, KY – Palace

Thursday 19th Atlanta GA – Cobb Energy Centre

Friday 20th Knoxville, TN – Tennessee Theatre

Saturday 21st Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium
bronxapostle

Re: June 2014 solo tour (US midwest and south, plus Toronto)

Post by bronxapostle »

one more just a LITTLE closer please...ENJOY EVERYONE WHO CAN!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Where are the Bay Area shows? No love for SF/Bay Area. Weak.

BA - you are spoiled. There have been too many east coast shows, plus you could totally fly into one of these shows (on a low budge) and check it out.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

MOJO wrote:Where are the Bay Area shows? No love for SF/Bay Area. Weak.

BA - you are spoiled. There have been too many east coast shows, plus you could totally fly into one of these shows (on a low budge) and check it out.
yes, i KNOW and APPRECIATE that i am SPOILED! and i WILL TOTALLY check into a cheap flight somewhere if i have to do it ALONE! 8) 8)
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

These are obviously warm up dates for a (soon to be expanded) UK tour. Hopefully...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Preview at Ultimateclassicrock.com:

Elvis Costello Announces Solo 2014 Tour of North America
by Dave Lifton March 24, 2014 7:11 PM

"Elvis Costello has announced that he will launch a small solo tour in June. This will be the first time he has headlined without a band since 1999, when he performed with longtime keyboardist Steve Nieve. Costello also did a solo acoustic set while opening up for Bob Dylan in 2007.

The 10-date tour will begin on June 9 at the O’Shaughnessy Auditorium in St. Paul, MN. He will focus mostly on the Midwest, except for a show at Toronto’s Massey Hall on June 14, before winding it up at Nashville’s famous Ryman Auditorium on June 21. The complete schedule can be found below.

Before the North American tour begins, however, he will play seven shows in Australia and New Zealand across 14 days in April with his regular back-up band, the Imposters. Two weeks ago, he performed a pair of shows at the Brooklyn Bowl in Las Vegas with the Roots, with whom he recorded last year’s acclaimed ‘Wise Up Ghost.’

Tickets will go on sale March 28 for all dates except the Chicago show, which will become available April 5. Visit his website for complete information.

Elvis Costello Solo 2014 Tour Dates

6/9 St. Paul, MN – O’Shaughnessy Auditorium
6/10 Milwaukee, WI – Riverside Theatre
6/11 Chicago, IL – Copernicus Center
6/13 Ann Arbor, MI – Michigan Theater
6/14 Toronto, ON – Massey Hall
6/16 Cleveland, OH – Palace
6/17 Louisville, KY – Palace
6/19 Atlanta, GA – Cobb Energy Centre
6/20 Knoxville, TN – Tennessee Theatre
6/21 Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium"

As Dave was a contributor to Beyond Belief, I am surprised that he claims " This will be the first time he has headlined without a band since 1999, when he performed with longtime keyboardist Steve Nieve". That would mean ignoring the 2054 Centenary tour in 2012 and the East Coast solo tour last year, let alone the European Solo tour in 2011, and a few rescheduled dates in 2012 and probably others...

MOOT
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Man out of Time wrote:Preview at Ultimateclassicrock.com:

Elvis Costello Announces Solo 2014 Tour of North America
by Dave Lifton March 24, 2014 7:11 PM

"Elvis Costello has announced that he will launch a small solo tour in June. This will be the first time he has headlined without a band since 1999, when he performed with longtime keyboardist Steve Nieve. Costello also did a solo acoustic set while opening up for Bob Dylan in 2007.

The 10-date tour will begin on June 9 at the O’Shaughnessy Auditorium in St. Paul, MN. He will focus mostly on the Midwest, except for a show at Toronto’s Massey Hall on June 14, before winding it up at Nashville’s famous Ryman Auditorium on June 21. The complete schedule can be found below.

Before the North American tour begins, however, he will play seven shows in Australia and New Zealand across 14 days in April with his regular back-up band, the Imposters. Two weeks ago, he performed a pair of shows at the Brooklyn Bowl in Las Vegas with the Roots, with whom he recorded last year’s acclaimed ‘Wise Up Ghost.’

Tickets will go on sale March 28 for all dates except the Chicago show, which will become available April 5. Visit his website for complete information.

Elvis Costello Solo 2014 Tour Dates

6/9 St. Paul, MN – O’Shaughnessy Auditorium
6/10 Milwaukee, WI – Riverside Theatre
6/11 Chicago, IL – Copernicus Center
6/13 Ann Arbor, MI – Michigan Theater
6/14 Toronto, ON – Massey Hall
6/16 Cleveland, OH – Palace
6/17 Louisville, KY – Palace
6/19 Atlanta, GA – Cobb Energy Centre
6/20 Knoxville, TN – Tennessee Theatre
6/21 Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium"

As Dave was a contributor to Beyond Belief, I am surprised that he claims " This will be the first time he has headlined without a band since 1999, when he performed with longtime keyboardist Steve Nieve". That would mean ignoring the 2054 Centenary tour in 2012 and the East Coast solo tour last year, let alone the European Solo tour in 2011, and a few rescheduled dates in 2012 and probably others...

MOOT
This seems to be an unfortunate reduction of the press release, which said it was first time he'd played without a band in the Midwestern area.....

Dave (not that Dave)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

FAVEHOUR wrote:
This seems to be an unfortunate reduction of the press release, which said it was first time he'd played without a band in the Midwestern area.....

Dave (not that Dave)
i figure that was what he meant also, REAL dave! wonder which show(s) you will go to....i can't. :cry:
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

bronxapostle wrote:
FAVEHOUR wrote:

Dave (not that Dave)
i figure that was what he meant also, REAL dave! wonder which show(s) you will go to....i can't. :cry:
Thinking of those 2 Tennessee shows....c'mon, Nashville is a pretty easy flight

Dave
migdd

Post by migdd »

The Tennessee Theatre in Knoxville is a great old restored venue with fantastic accoustics. Saw EC and the Imps there during the all-too-brief Momofuku tour. You'll have a great time, if you make it, Dave!
blureu

Post by blureu »

I noticed the Live Nation shows have a presale on Thursday. Is a password generally required?

Onsale to General Public
Start: Fri, 03/28/14 12:00 PM EDT

Live Nation Mobile App Presale
Start: Thu, 03/27/14 10:00 AM EDT
End: Thu, 03/27/14 10:00 PM EDT

Live Nation Presale
Start: Thu, 03/27/14 10:00 AM EDT
End: Thu, 03/27/14 10:00 PM EDT
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

For the presale:
username: elvis
password: costello

If it isn't Kosher for me to post this info, someone let me know and I will delete this post.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

SoulForHire wrote:For the presale:
username: elvis
password: costello

If it isn't Kosher for me to post this info, someone let me know and I will delete this post.
no worry soul..it has been the same username and password for about 7 years now! 8)
History Repeats

Post by History Repeats »

I have an extra for Ryman from the presale....if any "board members" require---it is floor section 3 about 5-6 rows back--- single ticket

Will also put up in trading post

Cheers
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Win tickets to Cleveland, June 16th -

http://www.1065thelake.com/contests/win ... ets/286751
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

cool...20 years since my first major road trip to see Elvis & the Attractions at Cuyahoga! i entered...thanks king foyle.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

:D
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

Bought tickets for the Nashville show for me and the Mrs.

Come to think of it . . . I think this is my 20th year anniversary of going to Elvis shows. '94 was the Brutal Youth tour, right? Saw that one in Chicago.