Fanzine "Beyond Belief" on Ebay

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Fanzine "Beyond Belief" on Ebay

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Costello- ... 1e861198ac

Description

Beyond Belief was an important and authoritative EC fanzine that published 28 issues between 1995 and 2001. This is a set of all remaining issues directly from the publisher and includes all but the sold out issues #2, 3 and 4. I will however include color photcopies of these three missing issues.

BB featured all original material by the biggest and most knowledgeable EC fans. The issues covered current events as well as looks back on EC's earlier career. They also include many original photos and interviews.

Also comes with seven full color Collector Cards (pictured) of EC live in concert,
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
krm

Re: Fanzine "Beyond Belief" on Ebay

Post by krm »

great reading! I got my package this week.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

good deal....but, i've got no time to read through it all. i think i have about 15 of them here somewhere that i have yet to peruse. but, GREAT STUFF at a GREAT PRICE for certain.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

bronxapostle wrote:good deal....but, i've got no time to read through it all. i think i have about 15 of them here somewhere that i have yet to peruse. but, GREAT STUFF at a GREAT PRICE for certain.
Come on, BA, read 'em! I listen to your recordings!

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i will...if not before, when i retire! no...now you've shamed me into pulling out my collection and seeing what i have. maybe you can help with the small handful i need. i WILL get to READING and get back here about it, promise :wink: :wink:
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

I still have my stack, stored in a box. It was a fantastic resource, particularly in the pre-Internet days. It also reminded me that I was nowhere near as fanatical about EC as I could have been. After over a decade (wow) I still hold out hope that Dave Farr will resume and finish his A to Z series.

And they make excellent bathroom reading -- so there's another incentive for the Apostle!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

ya think??? :lol: :lol: i couldn't do that to Dave! he wouldn't dishonor my cassette recordings by leaving them in the lav.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

bronxapostle wrote:ya think??? :lol: :lol: i couldn't do that to Dave! he wouldn't dishonor my cassette recordings by leaving them in the lav.
:lol: :lol:
The Gentleman

Post by The Gentleman »

wardo68 wrote:I still have my stack, stored in a box. It was a fantastic resource, particularly in the pre-Internet days. It also reminded me that I was nowhere near as fanatical about EC as I could have been. After over a decade (wow) I still hold out hope that Dave Farr will resume and finish his A to Z series.

And they make excellent bathroom reading -- so there's another incentive for the Apostle!
Dave finishing A-Z would be amazing. I hope he'll have a compelling reason to do it someday. I don't think he has any idea how wonderful and vital his work was. Where did it end? Around "H" if I recall.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

It ended with "Full Force Gale." Don't leave us hanging, Dave. Tell us about "Georgie and Her Rival."

(Or "Funny Little Tragedy" if you prefer. But that wasn't around in 2001.)
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

This publication was a Pre-Internet Godsend.
My gratitude goes out to all that contributed.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

And No Coffee Table wrote:It ended with "Full Force Gale." Don't leave us hanging, Dave. Tell us about "Georgie and Her Rival."

(Or "Funny Little Tragedy" if you prefer. But that wasn't around in 2001.)
See, there's one of the problems. The guy keeps putting out new songs, and I'd have to go back and get all the new ones from A-F, before I could even go on to G!

But seriously folks, sometimes I think about it. I wish I had the time to set up a website or write a little book or something. Maybe in the future. Thanks for the kind words.

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i looked and i do have ALL 28 issues sent to me by a kind member here in Spain if i recall. and it includes 10 photo/concert pics. it is a sensational resource very reminiscent of the REALLY pre-internet SENSATIONALLY necessary, back then, and still: GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS book. A+ buy this at ebay; a bargain!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

One of the many highlights of Beyond Belief, besides all the insider info Mike provided, was the sheer profoundness of Dave's reading of the songs. I can't recall the number of times I read the magazine at breaks at work and then rushed home to wallow in the music, (usually with headphones on so I could ignore the kids !) and have my ears opened further by his acute and knowing dissection of tracks that had become so familiar. It took an amazing talent to be able to offer musical and lyrical insights to tracks that must have been as familiar to him as it was to me.Will always be grateful for our trading partnership and the chance to meet at Meltdown in 1995. Now go for it Dave !! :wink:
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

Interesting ... as I only have a couple of these. But the listing says it only ships to the United States?
--Paul--
Now put on your ironic dancing shoes
And dig my brand new rhythm and hues:
https://www.paulinglis.org