Elvis ( solo) plays Bexhill, July 17 2014

Pretty self-explanatory
FrankieJ

Re: Elvis ( solo) plays Bexhill, July 17 2014

Post by FrankieJ »

Amazing some of you guys met him. I wish he'd done more UK gigs this year and maybe a theatre in Kent so I could get the chance. I could only manage Kew and hopefully Bluesfest in October and those are in venues/events where you don't get that chance. EC - PLEASE do a show in Kent so I can see a full set and get your autograph afterwards!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

sulky lad wrote:I'd like to refute VG's implication that I have extended bandwidth and need 2 seats to fit into !
Taking the image of those good old sexist, racist and everything else-ist of the 1970s

"My mate sulky is so fat that" :lol:

FrankieJ - depending upon your budget, is it worth considering somewhere like Edinburgh or (better still) Paris in October? Steve's supporting and if he and Elvis don't do any songs together then I'll buy a hat just so that I can eat it. You'd be pretty certain of meeting Elvis at one of the October proper tour shows rather than the RAH. I don't even bother hanging around after RAH gigs, and I am Fan Forum Royalty :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

I don't know if this will work but this is a link to photos I took and posted on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 4d75d9e295
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

verbal gymnastics wrote:You'd be pretty certain of meeting Elvis at one of the October proper tour shows rather than the RAH. I don't even bother hanging around after RAH gigs, and I am Fan Forum Royalty
I have to agree with Verbal (about the RAH, not him being Fan Forum Royalty). Elvis either seems to linger in the green room at the RAH forever, or else be gone before you've had chance to get outside. The only people I have seen after an RAH show have been Jo Brand and Mark Lamarr. Much better to travel to a smaller venue. Elvis was very friendly after the Bexhill show last week, and happy to sign autographs, pose for photos and chat about tour venues.

MOOT
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

I cannot remember where it is located in the RAH, but we were standing in one of the corridors on the ground floor and low and behold Elvis went in to what must be the green room. I think it is near the main entrance. This was the Costello and Nieve tour of 1999.

We arranged to meet there after the show as a couple of us were seated elsewhere and we actually managed to get a couple of guest passes to the after show party.

We were lucky that we found people leaving the party early and asked for their passes.

So if you are lucky you can meet him at the RAH.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Although I couldn't make it to Bexhill, in the end I've been more than compensated by the mighty VG who got my ticket signed by Elvis and managed to procure a plectrum for me as well - he is a mighty miracle man ! :D
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

sulky lad wrote:Although I couldn't make it to Bexhill, in the end I've been more than compensated by the mighty VG who got my ticket signed by Elvis and managed to procure a plectrum for me as well - he is a mighty miracle man ! :D
Don't you think that I know that Bexhill by the water won't make me a miracle man? :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.bexhillobserver.net/what-s-o ... -1-6191904

A good year for fans of Elvis Costello at DLWP

Tim Harris writes: So, I have been looking forward to Elvis coming down since December...and I wasn’ t disappointed.

Without his keyboard wingman, Steve Nieve, he came on to rapturous applause and with just a Good Evenin’ piled into Radio Radio and continued with Workin’ Week.

Inter-woven with family anecdotes and stories behind his songs he involved the audience with Everyday I Write The Book, old fave raves of Olivers’ Army, a funked-up version of Watching the Detectives and New Amsterdam that flowed into The Beatles cover You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away.

With an array of guitars behind him he slowed things down with a Good Year For The Roses, the Notting Hill classic She, and with Shipbuilding as poignant as ever he ended the show with the good ol’ rocking, dancin’ in the aisles version of Peace Love and Understanding.

As a 40 something I would have liked some more of the older songs off his back catalogue, so with the new management team in place can I (as well as the rest of the audience) suggest that they bring him back. Many thanks Elvis, you really rocked us.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
sulky lad wrote:Although I couldn't make it to Bexhill, in the end I've been more than compensated by the mighty VG who got my ticket signed by Elvis and managed to procure a plectrum for me as well - he is a mighty miracle man ! :D
Don't you think that I know that Bexhill by the water won't make me a miracle man? :lol:
Brilliant ! :lol: