Elvis & The Imposters, Tokyo , Dec 13 '13

Pretty self-explanatory
SoulForHire

Re: Elvis & The Imposters, Tokyo , Dec 13 '13

Post by SoulForHire »

docinwestchester wrote:
sulky lad wrote:Excellent news, thanks FaveDave and Doc. ! :D
Should be uploaded soon.
I'm figuratively shuddering in anticipation. These Japan shows have been AWESOME, and so I can't wait to see some video. :D
krm

Post by krm »

Should be uploaded soon.
where are we supposed to search for it??? *not so patient*
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

krm wrote:
Should be uploaded soon.
where are we supposed to search for it??? *not so patient*
I'll post the link.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Thanks, but is anyone seeding right now?
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Wow! That clip is great
docinwestchester

SoulForHire wrote:Thanks, but is anyone seeding right now?
Yes it's seeding. The KAT page looks like this:

The numbers at the top are wrong. Right now there is 1 seeder (me) and 3 leechers according to my tracker. Just download the torrent and it'll work.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Thanks Doc and favehour and everyone else involved.
Looks magnificent!!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Pigalle

Post by Pigalle »

For those in the UK who are blocked from kickass you may need to go through the kickass proxy. Just replace kickass.to in the above link with proxykat.eu
krm

Post by krm »

Absolutely fantastic! Thanks to the usual suspects involved!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I've been unable to download this from proxykat as I get a "problem connecting to tracker" error. Any suggestions ? :(
docinwestchester

sulky lad wrote:I've been unable to download this from proxykat as I get a "problem connecting to tracker" error. Any suggestions ? :(
Sorry, I'm not familiar with proxy stuff. The direct link doesn't work for you?
Pigalle

Post by Pigalle »

kickass banned in UK (but depends on who your ISP is)
Pigalle

Post by Pigalle »

sulky lad wrote:I've been unable to download this from proxykat as I get a "problem connecting to tracker" error. Any suggestions ? :(
I've just retried it from scratch on proxykat by downloading the torrent file and it is downloading for me at the moment. Have you tried different torrent software; I'm using Transmission.
Santi

Post by Santi »

Late to the party but this beauty is already in my hard disk. Thanks to everyone involved, specially those constant seeders. It's going to be a sweet Easter afternoon. :D
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

This review was published on the "Spin the Black Circle " blog on December 14, 2013. It has taken a while to find it...

"Elvis Costello and The Imposter @ EX Theatre 12/13/2013
Credit:Spin the Black Circle
Credit:Spin the Black Circle
2013-12-14 Tokyo photo 01.jpg (38.14 KiB) Viewed 17425 times
とうとうスピニング・ソングブックが来日しました!ニューヨークで観た感動から2年、今年はキャリア屈指の名盤のひとつと言えるアルバム"Wise Up Ghost"もリリース、俄然期待が高まります。

会場に入ってビックリ、アリーナはすし詰め状態です!前2日は不入りから立ち見から座席に変更と聞いていたので、この詰まり具合は驚きです。前2日を早めにソールドアウトにして、TV中継のあるこの日に客を集中させたようです。フム、やはり今の人気なら2日が限界のようですね。

とはいえ、やはり客が多いのは嬉しい。御大の登場を盛大に迎えることが出来ます。コステロは絶好調、連日の公演ですが声の張りもよく、快調に飛ばしてゆきます。セットリストはこちらから。スピニング・ホイールもそれほど波乱もなく、代表曲満載のセットになりました。

一番驚いたのは"She"から"God Give Me Strength"にかけて、スタンディングのオーディエンスの中をぐるりと一周しながら歌い上げたこと。わたしの目の前にも現れました!おお、触れる!とちょっとだけタッチしておきました。

演奏内容では、期待していた"Wise Up Ghost"からの曲が、やっぱり素晴らしい出来でした。アルバムとは違いThe Imposterとの演奏はここ東京がほぼ初演、その初々しさが緊張感を生んで、聴き惚れる演奏でした。特に"Walk Us Uptown"と"Sugar Won't Work"のグルーブは格別なもの、背筋が震える素晴らしさでした。

充実したライブの多かった今年のライブを締めくくるにふさわしい、全34曲、みっちり3時間の濃厚なライブでした。いやあ、ホント楽しいね、このスタイルは。"

Or in "English" via Google Translate:

"The Spinning Songbook has finally arrived in Japan! It's been two years since I saw it in New York, and this year I released the album "Wise Up Ghost", which can be said to be one of the best records in my career.

I was surprised when I entered the venue, and the arena is packed! I heard that the seats were changed from standing to seats on the previous two days, so I was surprised at how clogged they were. It seems that the previous two days were sold out early and the customers were concentrated on this day when there was a TV broadcast. Hmm, it seems that 2 days is the limit if it is popular now.

However, I am happy that there are many customers. We can welcome the appearance of the great grand. Costello is in great shape, and although it is a daily performance, the voice is strong and it will fly smoothly. Click here for the set list. The spinning wheel wasn't too turbulent, and the set was full of representative songs.

What surprised me most was that I sang from "She" to "God Give Me Strength" while going around the standing audience. It also appeared in front of me! Oh, touch! I just touched it.

In terms of performance, the song from "Wise Up Ghost" that I expected was a wonderful result. Unlike the album, the performance with The Imposter was almost premiered here in Tokyo, and the innocence created a sense of tension, and it was a performance that I fell in love with. Especially the groove of "Walk Us Uptown" and "Sugar Won't Work" was exceptional, and the spine trembled.

It was a rich live performance of 34 songs, 3 hours in total, suitable for ending this year's live performance, which had many fulfilling live performances. Well, it's really fun, this style."

MOOT