ba LIVE EC songlist updated OCTOBER 19, 2017

Pretty self-explanatory
stricttime81

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated: October 22, 2016 show NYC

Postby stricttime81 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:58 pm

I added 10 between Nashville and Borgata!
AKA: Mike the Lawyer

bronxapostle

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated: November 6, 2016 show NYC

Postby bronxapostle » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:38 pm

well, as i am ABSENT tonight from the BEACON THEATER (unbelievably as i head home uptown from 52nd and 8th at approximately 6:15 p.m. {I KNOW DON'T RUB IT IN!!!!}), please DO NOT point it out to attendance teacher Mr. Costello! i figured i could update this now, and tell you the two lovely milestone numbers i reached last night. i went in at 699 different songs, so with the addition of the two, i am now at 701 songs i have seen him perform LIVE! staggering i know, HIM, NOT ME!!! also, i was at a total of 2993 songs i have seen him perform over the 122 appearances i have been fortunate enough to have witnessed. so, yes, ELVIS is now in the 3000 club with 3029 performed for me. i sure hope that these numbers continue to grow, with God's grace!!! best wishes to all, benny

P.S. i am noticing some bad story telling grammar...the 2993 number was BEFORE the 11/6 show, so the addition of 36 more at this appearance 122 for me, got me above 3000 total.
Last edited by bronxapostle on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emotional_fascism076

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated: November 6, 2016 show NYC

Postby emotional_fascism076 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:37 pm

I'm really hoping that there's something released from this tour. I haven't had a chance to see it but sounds excellent.

bronxapostle

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated OCTOBER 19, 2017

Postby bronxapostle » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:54 am

OCD ba updates his list adding three more from the LITTLE KIDS ROCK show here in NYC this week. Surely someone will point out that the 'SHE LOVES YOU' refrain was a part of the original ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE song and should NOT be added. But, it IS my list AND upon reflection, Elvis did NOT include it in the 1985 version. So.... :lol: :lol:

emotional_fascism076

Postby emotional_fascism076 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:56 pm

What is the "man with the mission" version of EDIWTB
The other Side Of Summer "waltz" and Peace Love & Understanding "sad"?

bronxapostle

Postby bronxapostle » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:34 am

emotional_fascism076 wrote:What is the "man with the mission" version of EDIWTB

Hi ef!!! I will begin with the one MOST a stretch. EIWTB for me is the single song MOST revamped by Elvis. On the Steely Dan tour a few years back, the song had QUITE the different lilt to it once again. AND, as he wandered his way throughout the audience during, i gave it THIS silly little subtitle. The other two are much more accurate in title and easier to agree with if you hear my or any recording of the specific night. VERY oddly, soon after the release of MLAR, E and Rude 5 were performing at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN in NYC. Before I ever saw THE OTHER SIDE OF SUMMER played as recorded, this June 1991 evening, he CLEARLY played it as a waltz. And lastly at the 92nd Street Y interview with Bill Flanagan September 2005 evening, PLU was played very sadly, almost funereal. Way far away from the usual uplifting takes. Those are my sentiments...please feel free to ask anytime. Thanks, ba

verbal gymnastics

Postby verbal gymnastics » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:16 am

bronxapostle wrote:
emotional_fascism076 wrote:What is the "man with the mission" version of EDIWTB...

EIWTB for me is the single song MOST revamped by Elvis. On the Steely Dan tour a few years back, the song had QUITE the different lilt to it once again. AND, as he wandered his way throughout the audience during, i gave it THIS silly little subtitle.

From earlier in this thread:

bronxapostle wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:EIWTB - thanks for using my "Man with a mission version" description!

ARE YOU KIDDING??? perfection...true marksmanship with that title VG. what i would like to know....has he been ambulating whenever possible with that song on this tour or was this indeed the first/(only) night????

Ahem! :lol:
international laughing stock...

bronxapostle

Postby bronxapostle » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:13 am

Sorry vg....like senile ba can remember all things EC accurately. :lol: :lol:

emotional_fascism076

Postby emotional_fascism076 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:26 am

bronxapostle wrote:
emotional_fascism076 wrote:What is the "man with the mission" version of EDIWTB

Hi ef!!! I will begin with the one MOST a stretch. EIWTB for me is the single song MOST revamped by Elvis. On the Steely Dan tour a few years back, the song had QUITE the different lilt to it once again. AND, as he wandered his way throughout the audience during, i gave it THIS silly little subtitle. The other two are much more accurate in title and easier to agree with if you hear my or any recording of the specific night. VERY oddly, soon after the release of MLAR, E and Rude 5 were performing at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN in NYC. Before I ever saw THE OTHER SIDE OF SUMMER played as recorded, this June 1991 evening, he CLEARLY played it as a waltz. And lastly at the 92nd Street Y interview with Bill Flanagan September 2005 evening, PLU was played very sadly, almost funereal. Way far away from the usual uplifting takes. Those are my sentiments...please feel free to ask anytime. Thanks, ba

Thanks for the info. I'd like to find these now.

bronxapostle

Postby bronxapostle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:38 am

They all circulate....i and my old fashioned SONY cassette were together :lol: :lol: at each of the older two shows. 2015 was handled digitally by a fellow fan.

Return to “Elvis Costello General Discussion”