ba LIVE EC songlist updated thru March 23 = 777!

Pretty self-explanatory
stricttime81

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated: October 22, 2016 show NYC

Post by stricttime81 »

I added 10 between Nashville and Borgata!
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
bronxapostle

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated: November 6, 2016 show NYC

Post by bronxapostle »

well, as i am ABSENT tonight from the BEACON THEATER (unbelievably as i head home uptown from 52nd and 8th at approximately 6:15 p.m. {I KNOW DON'T RUB IT IN!!!!}), please DO NOT point it out to attendance teacher Mr. Costello! i figured i could update this now, and tell you the two lovely milestone numbers i reached last night. i went in at 699 different songs, so with the addition of the two, i am now at 701 songs i have seen him perform LIVE! staggering i know, HIM, NOT ME!!! also, i was at a total of 2993 songs i have seen him perform over the 122 appearances i have been fortunate enough to have witnessed. so, yes, ELVIS is now in the 3000 club with 3029 performed for me. i sure hope that these numbers continue to grow, with God's grace!!! best wishes to all, benny

P.S. i am noticing some bad story telling grammar...the 2993 number was BEFORE the 11/6 show, so the addition of 36 more at this appearance number 122 for me, got me above the 3000 total.
Last edited by bronxapostle on Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
emotional_fascism076

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated: November 6, 2016 show NYC

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

I'm really hoping that there's something released from this tour. I haven't had a chance to see it but sounds excellent.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?
bronxapostle

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated OCTOBER 19, 2017

Post by bronxapostle »

OCD ba updates his list adding three more from the LITTLE KIDS ROCK show here in NYC this week. Surely someone will point out that the 'SHE LOVES YOU' refrain was a part of the original ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE song and should NOT be added. But, it IS my list AND upon reflection, Elvis did NOT include it in the 1985 version. So.... :lol: :lol:
emotional_fascism076

What is the "man with the mission" version of EDIWTB
The other Side Of Summer "waltz" and Peace Love & Understanding "sad"?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

emotional_fascism076 wrote:What is the "man with the mission" version of EDIWTB
Hi ef!!! I will begin with the one MOST a stretch. EIWTB for me is the single song MOST revamped by Elvis. On the Steely Dan tour a few years back, the song had QUITE the different lilt to it once again. AND, as he wandered his way throughout the audience during, i gave it THIS silly little subtitle. The other two are much more accurate in title and easier to agree with if you hear my or any recording of the specific night. VERY oddly, soon after the release of MLAR, E and Rude 5 were performing at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN in NYC. Before I ever saw THE OTHER SIDE OF SUMMER played as recorded, this June 1991 evening, he CLEARLY played it as a waltz. And lastly at the 92nd Street Y interview with Bill Flanagan September 2005 evening, PLU was played very sadly, almost funereal. Way far away from the usual uplifting takes. Those are my sentiments...please feel free to ask anytime. Thanks, ba

P.S. see apology below for taking credit when it belongs to VG. XO
Last edited by bronxapostle on Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

bronxapostle wrote:
emotional_fascism076 wrote:What is the "man with the mission" version of EDIWTB...
EIWTB for me is the single song MOST revamped by Elvis. On the Steely Dan tour a few years back, the song had QUITE the different lilt to it once again. AND, as he wandered his way throughout the audience during, i gave it THIS silly little subtitle.
From earlier in this thread:
bronxapostle wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:EIWTB - thanks for using my "Man with a mission version" description!
ARE YOU KIDDING??? perfection...true marksmanship with that title VG. what i would like to know....has he been ambulating whenever possible with that song on this tour or was this indeed the first/(only) night????
Ahem! :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Sorry vg....like senile ba can remember all things EC accurately. :lol: :lol:
emotional_fascism076

bronxapostle wrote:
emotional_fascism076 wrote:What is the "man with the mission" version of EDIWTB
Hi ef!!! I will begin with the one MOST a stretch. EIWTB for me is the single song MOST revamped by Elvis. On the Steely Dan tour a few years back, the song had QUITE the different lilt to it once again. AND, as he wandered his way throughout the audience during, i gave it THIS silly little subtitle. The other two are much more accurate in title and easier to agree with if you hear my or any recording of the specific night. VERY oddly, soon after the release of MLAR, E and Rude 5 were performing at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN in NYC. Before I ever saw THE OTHER SIDE OF SUMMER played as recorded, this June 1991 evening, he CLEARLY played it as a waltz. And lastly at the 92nd Street Y interview with Bill Flanagan September 2005 evening, PLU was played very sadly, almost funereal. Way far away from the usual uplifting takes. Those are my sentiments...please feel free to ask anytime. Thanks, ba
Thanks for the info. I'd like to find these now.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

They all circulate....i and my old fashioned SONY cassette were together :lol: :lol: at each of the older two shows. 2015 was handled digitally by a fellow fan.
bronxapostle

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated MARCH 2018

Post by bronxapostle »

might as well bump this once now that i have updated it. fun to see that it has 7200 views. OCD ba at his finest! :lol: :lol:
jmm

Post by jmm »

What is the newest bunch BA?
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

jmm wrote:What is the newest bunch BA?
The last six at post one of this thread...beginning with A LOVE SUPREME. So sorry we did not get to say HELLO this time, jmm. Best to the Mrs. please
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Okay friends...in spite of losing out on a Wallingford show Friday night, i got lucky in Asbury Park this Tuesday past quite nicely. Firstly, a freaking GREAT show!!! Secondly, ten tracks from the new record, though i had seen two of these previously back in the 90's. So, i get to add eleven today to this list and i imagine wrap up my first forty calendar years of seeing this guy sing to me. At a personal fave number to me now of 722!! :D :D

I have amended my list to 723, as i have now added A FACE IN THE CROWD with intro. It is 90 seconds longer now and i do still have to compare the lyrics proper of this year to the original airing of the tune back in 2016. I have edited this post so as to NOT rebump my thread again. Once a tour for THAT is more than enough. AND I STILL SAY HE CHANTS SOMETHING EXTRA TOWARDS THE ENDING OF AMERICAN GANGSTER TIME too.
bronxapostle

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated 10/19

Post by bronxapostle »

This thread is baaaaack!!! :P :P

After not adding anything at my two BLONDIE AND THE BEASTLY E.C. shows attended back in the summer, we have the JUST TRUST October shows in Port Chester! I got very lucky Tuesday night with not one, not two, but THREE beloved Elvis cuts from three different decades past. I also got two snippets that he's been to known add previous. Again, this post is only to brag about what HE performs before my eyes. I'm just the lucky guy who lives in a part of the world that does get a healthy number of appearances. Hope you enjoy the read. Best, ba
emotional_fascism076

Is the June 1991 MSG NYC show the only time The Other Side of Summer was played as a waltz? I can't find any recording of that show and would be interested to hear this version.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

emotional_fascism076 wrote:Is the June 1991 MSG NYC show the only time The Other Side of Summer was played as a waltz? I can't find any recording of that show and would be interested to hear this version.
As far as i know!!
Not a stellar recording, but i will do my best to share it here soon ef!!! BUT A GREAT SOUVENIR nonetheless.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Isn't the waltz version on disc 2 of the Rhino Mighty Like a Rose?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

And No Coffee Table wrote:Isn't the waltz version on disc 2 of the Rhino Mighty Like a Rose?
Yes nunki, that's about the same waltzing take....listen here right about the 15 minute mark or so.

https://youtu.be/EDGpNGtVqp4
emotional_fascism076

bronxapostle wrote:
emotional_fascism076 wrote:Is the June 1991 MSG NYC show the only time The Other Side of Summer was played as a waltz? I can't find any recording of that show and would be interested to hear this version.
As far as i know!!
Not a stellar recording, but i will do my best to share it here soon ef!!! BUT A GREAT SOUVENIR nonetheless.
That would be great :D
emotional_fascism076

bronxapostle wrote:
And No Coffee Table wrote:Isn't the waltz version on disc 2 of the Rhino Mighty Like a Rose?
Yes nunki, that's about the same waltzing take....listen here right about the 15 minute mark or so.

Sounds like a waltz. Interesting version.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

As you asked, ef, i will try to share my MSG show version. It was a VERY STRANGE HEADLINE APPEARANCE at the world's greatest arena....but, oddly not a greatest hits show!! He did this odd take of SUMMER, HARPIES BIZARRE, PLAYBOY TO A MAN and several KOJAK VARIETY tunes as of then, still unreleased. STRANGE, EVERYBODY'S CRYING MERCY and a few more. Again, an oddball set for a strange night all for my VERY LEAST FAVORITE EC releaae.

01. Accidents Will Happen
02. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
03. Harpies Bizarre
04. Home Is Anywhere You Hang Your Head
05. Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
06. Suit Of Lights
07. The Other Side Of Summer
08. So Like Candy / I Want You
09. Temptation
10. Playboy To A Man
11. Must You Throw Dirt In My Face
12. Veronica
13. Couldn't Call It Unexpected No. 4
14. That Day Is Done
15. Hidden Charms
16. Strange
17. Everybody's Crying Mercy
18. Hurry Down Doomsday (The Bugs Are Taking Over)
19. God's Comic
20. How To Be Dumb
21. Alison
22. Pump It Up
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

..with opening band THE REPLACEMENTS!!!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

The waltz version was introduced at the beginning of the MLAR tour on the West Coast, and was in fact played on MTV Unplugged.

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Yes, established here Fave...
bronxapostle wrote:

Arbogast wrote:..with opening band THE REPLACEMENTS!!!
This band was a shadow of its glory days this night too.