Relatively Insignificant EC Stuff. . .

Pretty self-explanatory
ice nine

Re: Relatively Insignificant EC Stuff. . .

Postby ice nine » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:48 pm

Listening to the podcast 'Smartless' where Judd Apatow is being interviewed, the interviewers ask how Judd got his start. He says that he and Ben Stiller first met at an Elvis Costello show and Ben hired Judd to direct/write on 'The Ben Stiller Show'.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain

sweetest punch

Postby sweetest punch » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:42 pm

https://www.irishnews.com/arts/2021/04/ ... --2277982/

Arts Q&A: Writer Louise Kennedy on Elvis Costello, Edna O'Brien and starting to write in her 40s...

(...)

2. Best gigs you've been to?

The Smiths, National Stadium, February 1986: I loved that band so much and it was a great show, but the best thing about that night was the angsty young fellas in Dunne's Stores jumpers who kept climbing onto the stage to throw their arms around Morrissey and had to be pulled off him by the bouncers.

The Pogues, Olympic Ballroom, December 1986: I became separated from my friends and got stuck at the front, which was both terrifying and outrageous craic. I left looking like Alice Cooper, with a rivulet of molten mascara and eyeliner on each cheek.

Elvis Costello and The Attractions, Olympia Theatre, July 1994: A brilliant gig, but the best thing about it was that I didn't have to go to Féile to see them – I hate muck, queueing and portaloos.
(...)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.

johnfoyle

Postby johnfoyle » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:16 pm

Elvis Costello and The Attractions, Olympia Theatre, July 1994: A brilliant gig, but the best thing about it was that I didn't have to go to Féile to see them – I hate muck, queueing and portaloos.

Not The Attractions , it was The Rude 5 , in 1991 , not 1994.

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... -02_Dublin

sulky lad

Postby sulky lad » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:00 am

johnfoyle wrote:

Not The Attractions , it was The Rude 5 , in 1991 , not 1994.

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... -02_Dublin

Can't imagine any of the UK and Ireland 1991 shows would have been a highlight of their concert attending career :shock: !
On the other hand, Royal Albert Hall 1994 would be a different matter :wink:

johnfoyle

Postby johnfoyle » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:13 am

I've since found this listing . Incorrect , of course , but maybe an explanation for the confusion

Return to “Elvis Costello General Discussion”