Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set - reduced to $11.99

Pretty self-explanatory
cwr

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set All orders will now ship by FRIDAY, MAY 17

Post by cwr »

I wish it had exclusive tracks, but as a luxury art object commemorating an album I am thrilled with, I love it. It is fun, and also for those who don't want to shell out or cannot afford such an indulgence, it is non-essential. Just a shiny pretty thing.
verbal gymnastics

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set All orders will now ship by FRIDAY, MAY 17

Post by verbal gymnastics »

That reminds me of this post earlier in the thread
verbal gymnastics wrote:https://twitter.com/ElvisCostello/statu ... 5473289226

:lol:

Sorry Elvis!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
jardine

Post by jardine »

Sorry, Elvis, as such. It is a wonderfully put together thing.
cwr

Post by cwr »

One other slightly unfortunate omission, given the nature of this box, is that the booklet doesn't contain Costello's detailed liner notes, which DO exist and have not been released publicly.

They are thick booklet-length, a la the best of his Rhino reissues (think the later ones, once he had really worked up a head of steam and was basically halfway to writing his memoirs) and so far have only been released to (as far as I know) journalists in advance of the LP's release last year.

My original hope was that they would be included with the deluxe CD (since a few reviews referenced things he had written in the liner notes) and it seemed like an obvious thing to include somewhere in this deluxe box set, just as his lengthy tour journal was one of the things included in the deluxe Spinning Songbook box set years ago.

Anyway: now that seemingly we have passed the final opportunity for EC to include those liner notes in a physical package (until the next superdeluxe edition of Look Now, perhaps many years from now), my hope would be that maybe he might consider popping those liner notes up on the official website for fans to peruse. Even though the music speaks for itself, Costello's writings about music (his own and others') always add something delightful to the experience.

I suppose it is always possible that they will leak out one way or the other, but I think it would be nice if fans could read them, especially since the core audience for them is made up of people who have probably bought this album more than once, happily.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The official website has new photos of the deluxe edition: http://looknow.elviscostello.com/

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It looks really nice when it’s set out like that.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://elviscostello.com/#!/news/298446

Where The Secrets Are Kept

The arrival of the “Purse” E.P. and the long-delayed delivery of the 45 RPM, 7” vinyl edition of “Look Now” concludes the release of material from these sessions.

(…)

For those of you who like to give gifts, there is also a Box-Set Edition of “Look Now” presented over eight 7” vinyl 45 RPM singles, each with its own picture sleeve and recalling a time in which music listeners were kept in fine fettle by getting out of their chair to turn the record over and perhaps stumbling upon an entirely different mood or narrative by playing a “B-" instead of an “A-Side” and find that this turns out to be your new favourite song.

Sadly, the Gods Of Manufacturing had different ideas and made the bewildering decision to punch a hole in each picture sleeve creating a most unfortunate and avoidable delay in these box-set editions reaching the purchaser for which I would apologize if I had been responsible for such an idiotic mistake.
I did my best to speed the process along, by asking the artist concerned if he might accept this accidental edit of his cover images and he responded that it would be just fine with him if the labels of the discs themselves were over-printed with the missing details of each illustration but this proved to be impossible.
Then there was the matter of the Special 10-disc “Complete Works” edition and it was at this point that Concord Records and I reached a fork in the road.

I could see no reason why we should not inform purchasers that the Disc Nine and Ten of the box-set contained the same songs to be found on the “Purse” E.P., after all some people simply like 7 inches, while others prefer 12 but my objection was overruled. This is certainly not the way we conduct business at Lupe-O-Tone.

To me, it seems a shame to have done this silly ducking and diving in hope of squeezing a pitiful rooker full of money out of what began with the intention of creating a beautiful object that one might give to the one you love. Oh well. Don’t ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to, as someone once said.

Yours through music and daubs. Elvis Costello and Eamon Singer
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set will now be out MAY 8, 2019

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:Yes.... these things are better off left until AFTER release date for acquisition.

okay...it took me 18 months to get the die cut hole in center eight color vinyl 45's for bargain price of $36.85 with shipping & tax!!
i always love to wait this stuff out when I already have the vinyl LP, cd & the PURSE ep ALL in house from their original release dates.
delay pays! :D :D :D
Last edited by bronxapostle on Mon May 31, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

Got mine for 50 couple months back.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

fred darden wrote:Got mine for 50 couple months back.
Cool Fred....is that the ten record, entire sleeve set???
Now, i got to hunt that one down for a bargain price. Lol
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

Yes. Also postcards, libretto and 45 adapter. Colored vinyl. Lovely set.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

fred darden wrote:Yes. Also postcards, libretto and 45 adapter. Colored vinyl. Lovely set.

it is gorgeous. but, it is indeed hard to afford it all sometimes. but, we are loony fanatics and when I can score these goodies at a nice price, i can not leave them behind. I couldn't possibly spring for the original asking price for SPECTACULAR SPINNING box set autograph 10" etc...but, when i got a slightly dinged one for $95, it joined the collection. LMK when you see another of the ten 45 set for under $50 please. and happy collecting to all of us, especially 2021 ticket stubs, the good Lord willing. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

fred darden

Post by fred darden »

They are boycotting Amazon stateside in support of the union trying to form in Alabama. Just for this week though.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Look Now 10 x 7" deluxe singles boxset is drastically reduced at the Elvis Costello store and is now selling for $11.99

Only c. €25 , including post, for delivery to Europe

https://t.co/dF24mtJu1C
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

johnfoyle wrote:Look Now 10 x 7" deluxe singles boxset is drastically reduced at the Elvis Costello store and is now selling for $11.99

Only c. €25 , including post, for delivery to Europe

https://t.co/dF24mtJu1C

DEAL OF THE YEAR!!!! thanks for pointing me there John. i bet it will be sold out by tomorrow
Top balcony

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set - reduced to $11.99

Post by Top balcony »

Sucked into this one - honestly going for style over substance it's the package that's got me rather than the music!!!! £21.37 inc shipping. I expect it to dock here in a few months given other's experiences. Bargain
jmm

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set - reduced to $11.99

Post by jmm »

Picked it up too. Thanks for the heads up John!!
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Seems like the Hey Clockface merchandise website is no longer run by ‘Limited Run’, but by Concord Records: https://elviscostello.concordrecords.com/
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

What’s that phrase that goes “fools and their money “? I knew I should have listened to BA abs saved myself a pile - by this reckoning I could have been into real estate in NY :shock: :) !
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:What’s that phrase that goes “fools and their money “? I knew I should have listened to BA abs saved myself a pile - by this reckoning I could have been into real estate in NY :shock: :) !
bronxapostle wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:Yes.... these things are better off left until AFTER release date for acquisition.

okay...it took me 18 months to get the die cut hole in center eight color vinyl 45's for bargain price of $36.85 with shipping & tax!!
i always love to wait this stuff out when I already have the vinyl LP, cd & the PURSE ep ALL in house from their original release dates.

do you mean THIS sulky??? i am clairvoyant sometimes, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:
fred darden wrote:Got mine for 50 couple months back.
Cool Fred....is that the ten record, entire sleeve set???
Now, i got to hunt that one down for a bargain price. Lol

or THIS one???? 8) 8)
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

bronxapostle wrote:
sulky lad wrote:What’s that phrase that goes “fools and their money “? I knew I should have listened to BA abs saved myself a pile - by this reckoning I could have been into real estate in NY :shock: :) !
bronxapostle wrote:

do you mean THIS sulky??? i am clairvoyant sometimes, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nah, just wishful thinking BA. I was offered the collection as a birthday treat provided I did the donkey work in purchasing it and it seems a shame that the donor has been sort of bushwhacked by this - not that i don't want any of my dear friends to have it !
Another 9 months and the Armed Forces box set should be going for about $25 ! :wink:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i am confused....but, i will give $30 NO PROBLEM for Armed Forces deluxe. maybe $75