A Case for Song (1996)

Pretty self-explanatory
FrankieJ

A Case for Song (1996)

Post by FrankieJ »

Hi all,

While we wait watching tumbleweed on tour dates or some similarly exciting news of any kind... I found fragments on A Case for Song on YouTube and noticed many songs are not there. E.g. Riot Act. I remember this being a particularly wonderful performance, but it's disappeared.

Does anybody know where I can find the full show online without having to buy some scratchy, expensive DVD? Or any full recordings from around this time where he made a few good televised performances.

Cheers my dears! :D
sinatra57

Re: A Case for Song (1996)

Post by sinatra57 »

There are a few places online that A Case for Song can be purchased, see below.

https://www.discogs.com/Elvis-Costello- ... se/6051612

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elvis-Costello ... B000IFQLR8
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

I bought a CD of what i believe is the full concert on Amazon. But I did check the other day and it isn't available at the moment. Which of course is of no use to you. :D I think it is called Elvis Costello Live and was great quality I am sure other here must have it too. Perhaps it is on ebay
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Sheep....that was obviously a boot as CASE never got a legitimate cd release. I'm not against people transferring from other media to cdr....BUT FREE SHARE IT please! scumbags who SELL it are indeed ROBBING the artist!! as opposed to my age old premise that free sharers HELP INCREASE the fan base AND artist revenue by inspiring collector fanaticism and intensified live show attendance. Just ask Grateful Dead taper section folks and late 1970's radio broadcast/leaked soundboards Mr. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN. Even E knows i am right in logic and premise at the least.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

BA wrote
[quote "scumbags who SELL it are indeed ROBBING the artist!! as opposed to my age old premise that free sharers HELP INCREASE the fan base AND artist revenue by inspiring collector fanaticism and intensified live show attendance.£][/quote]
At least we know we've done our fair share to liberate recordings an d make them freely available, BA ! A few years back I noticed a web site called Rock Of Ages was selling EC material that I was fairly confident I knew who had originally recorded it and who had shared it on a well known torrent site and within a few weeks ALL their EC content was removed - I hoped it was because someone from ECs entourage had noted it and hounded them !
I hated the thought that someone was making money out of fans passions and for such little outlay on their behalf.
Impatience

Post by Impatience »

Yikes. How ignorant I feel. Didn't even imagine bootlegs could sell this openly.
I got "Elvis Costello On Stage" off Amazon UK 7 years ago and just wondered what took them so long (2012) to put this wonderful 1996 concert on CD. Now I feel like a crime enabling idiot.
I didn't give "A case for a song" much playtime because the inconvenience of the DVD format, but I could without much extra effort have ripped the soundtrack to a CD and not put money in the pocket of a Leech.
Bad karma start on a Sunday :cry:
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I need to make clear it wasn't the Rock Of Ages of London (who sell legit albums and singles and music papers), just a website that offered live recordings at around $15.99 - they appear to have vanished following a brief search now !
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Impatience wrote:Yikes. How ignorant I feel. Didn't even imagine bootlegs could sell this openly.
I got "Elvis Costello On Stage" off Amazon UK 7 years ago and just wondered what took them so long (2012) to put this wonderful 1996 concert on CD. Now I feel like a crime enabling idiot.
I didn't give "A case for a song" much playtime because the inconvenience of the DVD format, but I could without much extra effort have ripped the soundtrack to a CD and not put money in the pocket of a Leech.
Bad karma start on a Sunday :cry:
Don't feel so badly...we are all junkies of a sort needing a fix when it comes to MORE music. FEEL NO SHAME....IT is quite odd that one of the largest retailers of the past 20 years does INDEED often times sell these illegitimate items right there alongside official releases. INEXPLICABLY IS THE ONLY ADVERB I ASSIGN HERE!!! :evil: and assuredly, noone but the top 5 percent of buyers would be able to ascertain that they are indeed UNOFFICIAL most of the time. These sales are the first order of business for ECs people to eradicate i feel. Surely a simple contact to a reputable LARGE seller like Amazon to cease THESE unauthorized sales WOULD be heeded, no???
ullissesmachado

Post by ullissesmachado »

Does anyone have the DVD? I'm trying to download it by torrent, but there's no one seeding it anymore. Contact me: +5579996625904 (WhatsApp)
facebook.com/ullissesmachado
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Please, no posts about illegal downloading!!
We had problems with this in the past!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.