Maybe it's just me....

Announcements and instructions regarding the board
laughingcrow

Maybe it's just me....

Post by laughingcrow »

but over the last couple of days the site has not been accessible sometimes. It comes up with that Error404 thingy page, and it's like the site's done a Marie Celeste.

Is anyone else having this problem? :?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Yes. It sort of freezes up, taking ages to then show that 404 page. It happened in the middle of trying to post, so resulted in a rare double posting yesterday. A few times lately I haven't been able to access the site for about half an hour or longer.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I couldn't get in yesterday evening, and also had some difficulty on Sunday.
signed with love and vicious kisses
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Yup - I had the same thing yesterday. I wrote out a long bit of text and then had to wait frantically to see whether or not it was sent. Still, at least my fingernails are nowe shorter!

I would not have been happy if I'd have lost it. In fact I'd have lost it.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Sometimes when I write a longer text, just to ensure that all my typing won't be in vain, I try to function much the same way as typing in MS Word. Rather than doing a "File, Save" like in MS Word, I just highlight my entire message, do an "Edit, Copy" and then go ahead and hit the submit button. If I get "invalid session" or some other error message then, I can always go back and start the post over and then hit "Edit, Paste" and I get my message back.

I've been burned on losing long text before. :roll:
Misha

Post by Misha »

SG thanks for the tip....I'll have to reread it to figure it out....but I have lost long text, too.

Couldn't get any posts out last night....invalid session.....considered doing aerodynamic test with computer, but shut it off instead....if this works, it is back to normal for me now...
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Alternatively you can type your text into Wordpad and then copy and paste it into the post. If it fails you start again with the text you already have in Wordpad. Makes sense to me!
signed with love and vicious kisses
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Sometimes when I write a longer text, just to ensure that all my typing won't be in vain, I try to function much the same way as typing in MS Word. Rather than doing a "File, Save" like in MS Word, I just highlight my entire message, do an "Edit, Copy" and then go ahead and hit the submit button. If I get "invalid session" or some other error message then, I can always go back and start the post over and then hit "Edit, Paste" and I get my message back.
Genius....you're so practical Spooky!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Nah, I just hate losing text I've worked so hard to create. It's a journalism thing. Plus, my hubby never trusts Microsoft. He does a "save" every few words! :wink:
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

laughingcrow wrote:
Genius....you're so practical Spooky!
I thought everyone did that? Okay, so it's just Spooky and I, then.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

I knew I liked you, POP. Great minds really do think alike. :wink:
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Nah, been doing it for ages.
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
migdd

Post by migdd »

Strangely enough, I can post from my PC at work but not from home. Anybody know what's up with that?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

It could be firewall issues. I'd recommend PMing taz, though he doesn't seem to come around anymore. I'm not really good with technical issues.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Miqdd...it might be something to do with your cookies...sometimes you have to have them 'enabled' in your explorer settings (click Tools-internet options-advanced).

Im no expert though, and accept no liability if your computer blows up as a result.

Happy clicking!
migdd

Post by migdd »

Thanks, Blue & Crow for the suggestions! Strangely enough, I got home tonight and everything is working fine! After 3 weeks. . .go figure!!!