February 14 - 16 Outage

Announcements and instructions regarding the board
DrSpooky
Site Admin

February 14 - 16 Outage

Post by DrSpooky »

Hi,

I am sure some of you noticed the outage over the weekend. Nothing sinister happened. It was just a good dose of Murphy's Law. SpookyG and I went out of town for Valentines Day. Apparently one of the boys was over diligent turning things off and turned off the external drive we use for backups. We lost power just long enough to cause a reboot and it hung looking for the drive. It only took a few minutes to resolve once I was home and in front of it but hard to fix from a nearby city. :)

Sorry.
Otis Westinghouse

Re: February 14 - 16 Outage

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

The cost of romance! Great story. Hope you had a nice weekend away, I overcame the withdrawal symptoms just about enough to concentrate on showering my sweetheart with gifts and exquisite dishes, so every cloud...

Reminded me of the Zebr... days when the original board got closed down!

Don't worry, absence makes the heart grow fonder (or being together for a change, in the Valentine's scenario!).

Thanks for all your great work on this place.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
migdd

Post by migdd »

Thanks J & M! Hope you guys had a great weekend in my hometown! 8)

Otis stole the words right out of my mouth about that which makes the heart grow fonder but I was not going to mention the horrific Z-word! Such not-so-fond memories of the sometimes amusing but always foul serpent shall remain slithering in the past. :wink:
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Thanks Doc!
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

We had a very lovely weekend together in Chattanooga where we met while in college. It was a very relaxing weekend highlighted with a pizza from Mellow Mushroom in the hotel room on the 14th and a nice dinner out on the 15th when the restaurant was empty. We hate going when they are packed and the service will be bad.
Otis Westinghouse

Did you do the Choo Choo?
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Did you do the Choo Choo?
Spooky grew up in Chattanooga and we met at the university there. We have stayed at the Choo Choo before but not this time. We did a New Year's Eve party there a few years ago and saw Rare Earth. :)
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Thanks as always, Doc & spooks. Glad you had a nice getaway.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Otis Westinghouse

:oops: I thought it was a dance, hence my question! In the song it's a train, but also now a hotel, as you say. Run by Holiday Inn. Chattanooga is such a great name, it just had to be immortalised in song.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Otis Westinghouse wrote::oops: I thought it was a dance, hence my question! In the song it's a train, but also now a hotel, as you say. Run by Holiday Inn. Chattanooga is such a great name, it just had to be immortalised in song.
There may be a dance called the Choo Choo but I have always known it as a train station that is now a hotel.

Knowing what something is on the other side of the world is a challenge. I still wonder how a spotted dick is a food product and not something you should see a doctor about.
Otis Westinghouse

If you have too much spotted dick, you will definitely need a doctor before long!

See, I always thought the song was about a dance, maybe something that involved moving your arms like you were rolling the wheels on a steam train, but I was clearly wrong. At least I now know where Chattanooga is as I've been sitting here study a google map. It's tremendously hard to try and store in one's memory where all the states are in relation to one another and all the familiar town names from them. I now know that it's more or less the same distance from Chattanooga to Birmingham and to Atlanta. I was surprised how close Atlanta was. I'm wondering when we'll manage a family trip to New York and California, and then there's Florida too, how on earth will we fit in some of the southern states? Would love to have, say, three weeks to just drive around with no fixed plans.