New board software poll

Announcements and instructions regarding the board

What do you think of the new design?

It's great!
6
43%
It needs some fine tuning, but I like it.
6
43%
I'm not wild about it, but I guess I can live with it.
2
14%
I hate it - go back to the old software!
0
No votes
I don't care one way or the other.
0
No votes
New design!? What new design?
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 14

User avatar
Who Shot Sam?
Posts: 7097
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:05 pm
Location: Somewhere in the distance
Contact:

New board software poll

Postby Who Shot Sam? » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:24 pm

What do you think? IMO once we put in a few comfy chairs, a new coffee table and stick a few pics of EC up on the wall it'll be just fine.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick

User avatar
DrSpooky
Site Admin
Posts: 813
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:31 pm
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Contact:

Re: New board software poll

Postby DrSpooky » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:21 pm

Please try the subsilver2 style. It is the new version of the style we used with the old version. I am in the process of updating it to have our banner at the top.

I will also update the prosilver style and let people pick.

I guess you all had gotten used to posting on the right and can't handle posting on the left. :)

User avatar
Who Shot Sam?
Posts: 7097
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:05 pm
Location: Somewhere in the distance
Contact:

Re: New board software poll

Postby Who Shot Sam? » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:25 pm

Yeah that's a bit more familiar! Thanks. 8)
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick

User avatar
DrSpooky
Site Admin
Posts: 813
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:31 pm
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Contact:

Re: New board software poll

Postby DrSpooky » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:09 pm

How does it look now? I have just updated it to be more or less like the phpBB2 version of the site and have made it the default style.

I do think that I will update the header on the ProSilver style since I think I might like it a bit better. Maybe I can figure out how to share more between the two styles.

User avatar
Who Shot Sam?
Posts: 7097
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:05 pm
Location: Somewhere in the distance
Contact:

Re: New board software poll

Postby Who Shot Sam? » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:17 pm

DrSpooky wrote:How does it look now? I have just updated it to be more or less like the phpBB2 version of the site and have made it the default style.

I do think that I will update the header on the ProSilver style since I think I might like it a bit better. Maybe I can figure out how to share more between the two styles.


I like ProSilver better - a bit easier to read. If you can update the header on that one as well, I'll be using it.

User avatar
verbal gymnastics
Posts: 10809
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:44 am
Location: In a very fashionable hovel

Re: New board software poll

Postby verbal gymnastics » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:11 am

Given my technomological skills I'll have adapted to the changes sometime before retirement (only 20 years to go!).
Look at me now
My how things have changed

User avatar
DrSpooky
Site Admin
Posts: 813
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:31 pm
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Contact:

Re: New board software poll

Postby DrSpooky » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:08 am

verbal gymnastics wrote:Given my technomological skills I'll have adapted to the changes sometime before retirement (only 20 years to go!).


He says humped over an IBM Selectric and calling home on a rotary phone. :-)

User avatar
verbal gymnastics
Posts: 10809
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:44 am
Location: In a very fashionable hovel

Re: New board software poll

Postby verbal gymnastics » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:47 am

DrSpooky wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:Given my technomological skills I'll have adapted to the changes sometime before retirement (only 20 years to go!).


He says humped over an IBM Selectric and calling home on a rotary phone. :-)


A what and a what? :lol:
Look at me now
My how things have changed

User avatar
migdd
Posts: 2940
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: Rolling in Clover, SC

Re: New board software poll

Postby migdd » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:32 am

I remember rotary phones, I think. Didn't Mazda use them as engines in some of their cars during the seventies?

I'm also pretty sure IBM Selectrix (sp?) are IT consultants who prefer black leather and garther belts. . .but I'm not 100% sure of that one!

8)

User avatar
DrSpooky
Site Admin
Posts: 813
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:31 pm
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Contact:

Re: New board software poll

Postby DrSpooky » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:05 pm

migdd wrote:prefer black leather and garther belts. .


I like that look on Spooky... mmmmm... makes me think that I need to get off the computer ....

User avatar
verbal gymnastics
Posts: 10809
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:44 am
Location: In a very fashionable hovel

Re: New board software poll

Postby verbal gymnastics » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:37 am

DrSpooky wrote:... mmmmm... makes me think that I need to get off the computer ....


I would hope you are only metaphorically on it. I know how much you love your computer :lol:
Look at me now
My how things have changed

User avatar
DrSpooky
Site Admin
Posts: 813
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:31 pm
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Contact:

Re: New board software poll

Postby DrSpooky » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:17 pm

verbal gymnastics wrote:
DrSpooky wrote:... mmmmm... makes me think that I need to get off the computer ....


I would hope you are only metaphorically on it. I know how much you love your computer :lol:


Yes. That would definitely be metaphorically... but sounds like a Freudian slip.


Return to “From the management”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest