Board Etiquette

Announcements and instructions regarding the board
BlueChair

Board Etiquette

Post by BlueChair »

In the wake of all this new shit that has been going on, I would just like to make something extremely clear to all.

One username per person, please

We saw way too many people break this rule on the Island board. By posting under several different usernames, you are fooling people into thinking that they are actually reading posts by more than one person. This can result, as it has in the past, in people getting tormented and an excess amount of messages.

taz will probably agree with me in that multiple usernames will not be tolerated.

One final note: We are all here because we share one thing in common. Our admiration of the music of Elvis Costello. Sometimes we go off on a tangent, but that's what it always boils down to. If anyone is out to piss on our parade, you're better off pissing off. It's not worth your time or ours. We've persevered and have made it to our 3rd board. If we have to, we'll keep going. Mark my word.

Thanks,
Your Friendly Moderator
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Well said Blue...

In addition we do not tolerate personal attacks or 'flaming' of individual board members. Don't do it or you're id and ip address will be blocked.
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Again, I admit I missed most of the crap that happened on the Island Board...

And I'm grateful for the efforts that taz, tux, and Blue (you, too, Narbz, wherever you be)--

Let's try to keep this shit under some sort of control.

Please?
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
BlueChair

Re: Board Etiquette

Post by BlueChair »

BlueChair wrote:In the wake of all this new shit that has been going on, I would just like to make something extremely clear to all.

One username per person, please
It seems someone (laughingcrow) has not listened to this plea! People.. joke or no joke, we can't have multiple usernames per person here. While the Diana bit was funny in principle, you're only creating a mess for taz and I to clean up by creating new usernames for yourselves. So enough! :D
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

WOAH. LC, please disregard all of those PM's to Diana.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :D :lol: :twisted:
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Ok, hands up...sorry guys. I did it from a computer a long way away though, :oops: ...will you ever love me again!? :cry:
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I will. :wink:
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

bump
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

And bump again.

Damn. It seems like every time I'm up to my eyeballs in something in my personal life that WHAR/wehitandrun pulls this.

Spooky covered for me by banning him in January because it was the day of my grandmother's funeral. Yesterday I returned from a week in Munich on a business trip yesterday and was horribly jetlagged and now I come back to this. Spooky was already taking care of everything around the house for me while I was gone, not to mention the kids and their homework, etc., but then she awakes this morning to multiple complaints about none other than WHAR/wehitandrun.

So maybe he wasn't technically breaking the rules by the signature picture as far as size, but it's just not playing fair. If it annoys other people you should just have the decency to stop doing it. Technically it doesn't affect our site bandwith to use those pics, but by using it in a signature line and also being a frequent poster, it causes other people to have a very slow download of those pages when they visit the board. And about breaking the rules, his avatar was WAY over the limit - in fact it was a 136x155 when the size of avatars is specifically 80x80. He has also still been using two names - WHAR/wehitandrun, not to mention unjustly provoking people on the board through posts and pm's.

I have a life outside of taking care of this board. But I love this board, which is why I invest my personal time, energy and money to keep it alive. Which reminds me that I just don't really have to have any more reasons to get rid of someone who won't play fair, takes up my time, and works so dilligently to make what little free time I have into a pissing mess.

WHAR/wehitandrun, you've had more chances than you deserve. I have plenty of posters on this board who contribute worthy information, offer valuable knowledge, exchange advice and facts and mostly play fair and by the rules. They just don't deserve to put up with you.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Whar's been banned?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Yes. There is even more to this story that I won't go into, but we had our reasons. I assure you it was completely justified. He's going to have to find some other group to bug the shit out of.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

spooky girlfriend wrote:Yes.
:lol:
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

Bluechair is there still an Island message board or fan forum . Sorry I've arrived a little late to these sites , I spent 3 years online doubling my E.C. & STIFF Records collections . I used to be a fan/collector of late 70s Island 12" IPR, WIP, & Black Swans. A good reggae band always made a punk night worth while ! Thanks littletriggers.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I woke up to several complaints this morning about a photo of a man's penis that had been posted. Just a friendly reminder that photos considered obscene and not safe for a work or family environment will not be tolerated. Remember what happened last time?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

My first day back after about a month and I see mischief has been happening.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Yeah, Verbal, you're such a Puritan - we tried to do all the nasty stuff while you were away with your baby. . . . .
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

you'll get your chance verbal. the "man's penis" blue removed wasn't really that offensive, but i'm fixin' to post a woman's penis and that is really gonna stir up a stink.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Well, I think the cat's outta the bag, so to speak, now, Slick.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Oily, I had no idea!
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

like you thought these boobs were real :roll:
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

They're just so perky. Who knew? :D
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

spooky girlfriend wrote:Yeah, Verbal, you're such a Puritan - we tried to do all the nasty stuff while you were away with your baby. . . . .
And it seems like you succeeded.
oily slick wrote:you'll get your chance verbal. the "man's penis" blue removed wasn't really that offensive, but i'm fixin' to post a woman's penis and that is really gonna stir up a stink.
And who said the internet was a bad thing? :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

The following warning notice has been sent to the username "faithfull" by the Fan Forum Administration and is being made public here for other board members to see:

While your admiration for Marianne Faithful is your own choice, please do not keep mentioning here in a forum that is meant for Elvis Costello. Those who participate in this fan forum are here for disussions about Elvis Costello's music, and things that his fans might have in common. You are the only one here who keeps mentioning Marianne Faithful. If your actions continue, we will have no choice but to deactivate your account as soon as possible.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Will you also warn people who go on about Ron Sexsmith, Elbow, David Bowie and Morrissey? Or are you purging selectively, rounding up the Marianne Faithful fans and sending them to the salt mines?
signed with love and vicious kisses
always dancing

Post by always dancing »

If someone posts something I am not interested in I don't even look at it. Some other artists have been mentioned with interest. If we all ignore a post who ever posts it will get the point. ...but there may be something going on that I don't know about.